Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2008, 16:46   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

apart from the league cup we have already won, the possible league title we may still win and the league cup final we have this weekend - but apart from that nothing !
when did rovers ladt win anything and when was the last time you were in a cup final ?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2008, 16:54   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
would that be the one who couldnt hack PROPER football, sulked and cried like a baby that he was homesick...ffs get real man !!!

he wasnt good enough for the premiership and he and we, knew it, he wanted second rate football so he looked good thas why he went " home"...home ffs, he's about 200 miles away, 3 hours in a car ..what a nonce

but we did get one of the best players ever to grace ewood off you in tugay

tugay you are my turkish delight
he played 36 games in total - done his cruciate and came back from that which is a bad injury for any player - and scored 3 goals..and he was the captain of your side and he got 14 man of the matchs - not bad for someone who wasnt there for long... he seen that mid table premiership teams aint that good and he went back to rangers - and thats the 2nd rate footy that got him to a uefa cup final,various league and cup medals - when were rovers in a euro final ? - I will say it again - might be 2nd rate footy but the achievements **** over anything rovers and most premership teams will ever do - its medals that count for players..not nearly getting euro place in a league....
Old 19-05-2008, 19:42   #93
Senior Member+

well when its a two teamed lg with a champions lg place and a uefa place, its not exactly hard to qualify is it ..its not rocket science that the epl is a far better lg with far better teams than the spl, thus meaning its harder to qualify for said competitions, im sure if rovers played in the spl we would qualify for europe every season, infact id go as far as to say that if burnley played in spl they would qualify !!!...

and as for fergie, i stand by every word i wrote,HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH, and he was only made captain coz uncle souey wanted to keep him sweet !!! as soon as sparky arrived he saw him for what he was and got shot...
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 21:15   #94

k k, we gonna have to call the riot police for you two???
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 23:16   #95

Middlesbrough got to final 2 years ago that should put uefa cup into context. regards to the subject it was a pish up for all and everybody and loads of english were present joining in.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 23:44   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
when did rovers ladt win anything and when was the last time you were in a cup final ?
about 5 yrs ago, but we won.
Old 20-05-2008, 18:04   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
infact id go as far as to say that if burnley played in spl they would qualify !!!..
you're either winding me up or genuinley believe that - if you do believe it then your heads full of fresh air...

to end this all I will say this :

you enjoy next season trying to avoid relegation/trying to get into europe/trying to get to a cup semi, and I shall enjoy my team playing in the champions league...
Old 20-05-2008, 19:56   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
you're either winding me up or genuinley believe that - if you do believe it then your heads full of fresh air...

you enjoy next season trying to avoid relegation/trying to get into europe/trying to get to a cup semi, and I shall enjoy my team playing in the champions league...
......OMG..thats THE best joke iv'e heard in 30 years...you should be on a stage man.......
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 22:06   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

How come? do scotland get 2 champions league places?
Old 21-05-2008, 08:00   #100

is this not getting slightly off point?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 08:18   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
is this not getting slightly off point?
yeh whats new?
Old 21-05-2008, 17:01   #102
God Member

yea silly billy look sumthin up before you commentmanchester 2007 we came 200,000 strong..we are the people...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 17:43   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
yea silly billy look sumthin up before you commentmanchester 2007 we came 200,000 strong..we are the people...
Did you, when?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 18:35   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
How come? do scotland get 2 champions league places?
basically yes .... 1st place get automatic entry and 2nd place have to play a qualifier...dont know whats funny bout that ??
next you will be telling me both rangers and celtic havent been in the champions league at the same time
no worse than the top 4? in your league all playing a qualifier for the champs league - it does kind of detract from the name of the tourney - champions league...I do believe it will eventually become a midweek seasoned euro league..
with uefa allowing the top 4 to play for a place from the big leagues just now its only a matter of time before they split it and run with a 2 group set up - top euro clubs in one and the best of the rest in the other..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 21-05-2008 at 18:45.
Old 21-05-2008, 18:41   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
......OMG..thats THE best joke iv'e heard in 30 years...you should be on a stage man.......
blimey - I thought your were about 16 given some of the posts you done in this thread...and whats funny about it ??
I would like you to explain ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..