Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2008, 23:30   #1
Senior Member+

Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

right infront of me. they werent even stopping when their own fans were infront of them. i saw at least 10 fans gettin hit with the bottles from their own fans.

i was workin about 50 yds from the said fanzone and we were lucky to get to a safe zone in the bar i was workin at.

i hope they get identified and charged from images.

such a shame as the whole day was goin fantastic. i though damn these boys are well behaved...
Old 15-05-2008, 00:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

go to 31 seconds and u can clearly see a rangers fan knocking out another rangers fan...
Old 15-05-2008, 00:55   #3
Senior Member+

this was part of the footage i managed to get...

Old 15-05-2008, 06:46   #4
God Member

Mani, the second one appears to show a fan go down while standing amongst policemen, I heard a lot on the radio saying the police were bad, maybe you can clarify this for us.
Old 15-05-2008, 08:20   #5

this is not football, one thing i can say they will find them mybe not today
I was watching crimefighter on man am morters last night and it ad millwall fans riating big time one of the police spoters said it was a case they ware fiteing for the lifes they got them all in a year that is what they have to do for football and the peaple of manchester
ps i have found memers of rangers and i think that most of them are welcome to the north west but them that just come to couuse truble i say

STAY AWAY
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 08:48   #6
Senior Member+

they deserved everything they got from the police last night if they were chucking bottles etc at them they why shouldnt the police do that and stuff they deserve it for chucking stuff at them. good on the police

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 08:54   #7
God Member

I can't believe there was only one screen serving so many people. Have they never heard of "single point of failure!"

It was wrong to riot and even more so to cause injury/damage but be honest, the police had let them get bladdered all afternoon and then were surprised when they all kicked off.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 09:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
the police had let them get bladdered all afternoon and then were surprised when they all kicked off.

You would think our police force would have better things to do than force feed those poor Rangers fans with beer all day. Fancy travelling all that way and not having a personal choice wether to get blind drunk or not
Old 15-05-2008, 09:16   #9
God Member

Is there no tv's in Jockland?????????????? Fancy spending a fortune to go to a city for a match when u haven't got a ticket for the game - mindless & definately more money than sence

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 09:36   #10
God Member

I think that the police did a wonderful job controlling the violent yob minority.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 09:44   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Is there no tv's in Jockland?????????????? Fancy spending a fortune to go to a city for a match when u haven't got a ticket for the game - mindless & definately more money than sence
I said as much this morning when I saw the scenes from last night, they were showing the game on a big screen at Ibrox, surely it would've made more sense to watch it there.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 09:51   #12
God Member

They just wanted one last invasion before they get independance.
After that we can rebuild Hadrian's wall

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 10:21   #13
Resting in Peace

I've been a football fan all my life, but would never have dreamt of going to a match without a ticket especially when its on the telly anyway, I used to travel all over the country in the sixties and seventies watching the Rovers, but always went with the suporters club and we were guaranteed a ticket to the stands if we wanted one, there were no tickets for the ground in those days, it was all pay o the day.
Old 15-05-2008, 14:44   #14
Senior Member+

entwisi - there wasnt just one screen!! there was 5/6big screens set up all across the city!!

there was three inc this one in the city centre - i heard old trafford had one and there was two in the velodrome to which ppl were being advised to go to on the free buses which were running all day long

i started at 10am and people were wasted then.

the kick off should've been on a weekend and had a 3o clock kick off rather than the 730 kick off - that was too many hrs of drinking b4 hand
Old 15-05-2008, 14:52   #15
white rabbits

On the tele it said they were charging £35 for a case of 24 cans of beer ,,at first i thought it was disgusting,but now i have changed my mind ,it obviously wasent enough ,, shish

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..