Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2004, 18:10   #16

Re: Tony Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
firstly i thought it was harsh with speedie because he worked so hard for you to get back in the premiership where every player wants to be he didnt even get the chance to prove himself along side shearer in the prem .As for sitting on the bench the likes of kluivert , smith , rooney can put up with it im sure speedie would have been happy and hed have had a premiership title to his name . Secondly with shearer it wasnt all his choice as most people know man u went in for him but walker wouldnt allow it and even though he could have stayed a little longer why dont blackburn fans applaud there greatest player as far back as can remmber and probably a good few years more . When colin hendry returned to blackburn the city fans cheered for him as he came on the pitch even though he didnt really do anything for us
I have not been at a match in over 7 years so I do not know what goes on there now. But, whenever I was there and Alan Shearer came on the pitch to play for Newcastle, I applauded as did most of the people around me. I cannot speak for anyone who did not. He is, arguably, as you say, the greatest player ever to wear a Rovers shirt. I can't think of anyone greater in my lifetime certainly.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2004, 18:45   #17

i apologise if im wrong but ive never heard them applaud him yet . Didnt see the bbunr chelsea game but the bburn fans must love duff now was he applauded ?
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 22:32   #18
Senior Member+

surely when ur about to b dismissed form work

ur meant to find out b4 anyone else

isnt that a breach in contract

he shud sue them
Old 20-11-2004, 15:42   #19

yeah totally agree but he wont because he loves the club too much and has recently asked for peace so why would he stir it up gain

Good luck to tony remember im sure there would always be a space for u at stanley
Old 22-11-2004, 11:15   #20
I am Banned

haha now tony gone rovers deffinitely goin down
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 08:14   #21

right because that makes sense, especially when it should improve the coaching.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 11:25   #22
I am Banned

rovers going down end of story
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..