Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2005, 12:16   #1
Senior Member+

Villa sign Bellamy

NEW SIGNING ... David Bellamy

Aston Villa have more chance of signing TV botanist David Bellamy than Craig.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2005, 12:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Villa sign Bellamy

LOL But I do think he will be on the move.Souness once again strikes.Something starts goin down every where he goes.
Old 27-01-2005, 14:37   #3
Senior Member+

Souness said he doesnt want him to go on loan he wants him to be sold
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2005, 18:28   #4
Senior Member+

Even Burnley offered for him on loan hehehehe

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/n...name_page.html
Old 30-01-2005, 11:58   #5

He will go to Brum.

If blackburn had the money he would be at blackburn, but thankfully we dont have that money to waste.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 22:03   #6
Senior Member+

he has gone on loan to celtic
Old 31-01-2005, 23:09   #7
IMY

wel i guess he took the easy option.. he could have gone to another club in the premiership but decided not to..... oh wel am sure he will help celtic along nicely and he might even get a medal at the end of the season if he's lucky
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55   #8
Senior Member+

he said that he needed some time to think about his future and didnt want to transfer imediately. Birmingham offered for him and newcastle accepted the offer but he decided to go to celtic on loan instead.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:37   #9
IMY

Personally i do think that he took the easy option as the scottish league is not as competitive or rough as the premiership is and he wil find it easy to adopt their type of football
Old 01-02-2005, 17:45   #10
Senior Member+

yeah i agree took soft option not much oposition in the SPL
Old 04-02-2005, 11:27   #11
Senior Member+

Bodyform have brought out a new sanitary towel called the ‘Craig Bellamy’. Perfect for regular mood swings, it offers great support upfront but doesn’t have wings

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 21:27   #12
IMY

lol.............. nice one
Old 05-02-2005, 20:07   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMY
Personally i do think that he took the easy option as the scottish league is not as competitive or rough as the premiership is and he wil find it easy to adopt their type of football
your right in saying that the scottish premier league isnt as competitive as the premiership (although if you look at who has won the premiership over the last 5 seasons or so it one of two teams - arsenal or Man utd - bit like the scottish league on a bigger scale ?? where its either Rangers or Celtic who are going to win it but glad to see chelsea doing the business just now) but its certainley far more rougher - theres more passing & class in the premiership where in the scottish league they like to kick & run more than pass, as for the easy option - well celtic cant be that be that bad - after all they did put blackburn & liverpool out of the eufa cup on their way to its final last season - dont remeber a premiership club in the final that year..
and as for craig bellamy - he really has no aspirations to play for a good team co if he did he wouldnt have signed for Celtic and yes he will find it easy to adopt to celtics type of play - martin oneil has adpoted the kick up the park to John fatson who passes to chris sutton (who dives) and gets the dodgy free kick which ends in the goal ! - thats their style of play and if a pro footy player cant fit into that then he's not worth the laces on his boots !
Its not a good situation for Rangers & Celtic cos they are big teams in a '**** poor' league - its not our fault that other clubs dont have the cash to match us or the fans to follow us.
wen the bubble finally bursts in the english game ( which I do believe it will happen) like it did in italy a few seasons ago andthe cash begins to run out I think that rupert murdoch (who part owns the english game due to his sky tv company) will offer the incentive rangers & celtic joining the english set up at whatever level thus letting murdoch & sky to take full control of the english game along side the f.a - with the re-formatting of all leagues to make way for the old firm - sky know that rangers & celtic are big money - skys biggest pay per view games are when they show the old firm games & and thats when their viewing figures are also at their highest - now add them to the english game and you instantly add millions to each club thus putting the englisg game back on track.
I know that alot of people dont want the old firm in england but one day it will happen and at what level I dont know - and please dont say they should start of in the conference as that is would be embarresing to the othr conference clubs (no offence by the way) - I personally would like to se rangers & celtic start of in the 2nd divison and work their way up - and I reckon it would take 5/6 seasons before they reach the premiership and a good level of play with better players - theres more money down here than up there - and with more money buys you better players ! - the only carrot we can offer players in champions league/uefa cup footy.
I know I am going to get some folk on here having a go but I hope it gets constructive replys and not moronic ones.
thanks, oh and incase your wondering I have a season ticket for rangers & make the journey north as often as I can.

Last edited by glasgow guy; 06-02-2005 at 09:09.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 21:09   #14
Senior Member+

essay or what, not a man of many words are you hehehehe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..