Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 21:33   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well Done Dingles.

Burnley have just beaten Chelsea on penalties well done Dingles, hope we get em next round, that will be a good day out.
Old 12-11-2008, 21:35   #2
God Member

Re: Well Done Dingles.

I've just played 120 minutes and kicked every penalty, I'm knackered
Old 12-11-2008, 21:40   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Burnley have just beaten Chelsea on penalties well done Dingles, hope we get em next round, that will be a good day out.
Unlikely, as we got knocked out by Wolves in August!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 21:45   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Unlikely, as we got knocked out by Wolves in August!
what planet ya on MikeA? we just did Sunderland.
Old 12-11-2008, 21:47   #5
God Member

Quote:

Would be a better final than quarter final Cashy
Old 12-11-2008, 21:48   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Would be a better final than quarter final Cashy
thats true, would settle fer that.
Old 12-11-2008, 22:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
I will second that........Well done....now I will go to my pit and ask 'what the hell have I done?'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 22:41   #8
Senior Member+

Yes nice one Burnley another prem scalp. Shame you will never play them in the prem.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 23:05   #9
white rabbits

who was said the dingles were useless....
WELL DONE
Old 13-11-2008, 06:35   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Yes nice one Burnley another prem scalp. Shame you will never play them in the prem.

Never is a long time but just in case it does happen in my lifetime I'll mark this thread and come back to remind you
Old 13-11-2008, 07:14   #11
God Member

Brave statement for one so young Nickelson, you have a long time for that to come back and haunt you, and plenty on here have real long memories, haha, well done Burnley, I love it when chelski get done over, is even better when it is a non prem league side.
Old 13-11-2008, 07:48   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
and plenty on here have real long memories
You have to if you're a Burnley fan

Shame that the media headlines have changed so quickly because of one moron at the game, hopefully he will be identified and banned.
Old 13-11-2008, 10:53   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You have to if you're a Burnley fan

Shame that the media headlines have changed so quickly because of one moron at the game, hopefully he will be identified and banned.
Well very begrudgingly, well done Dingles, must agree dave, but Dogs body shouldn't have thrown it back r made hand signals to the fans. Mark my words he'll just get his hands slapped, you can bet your bottom dollar if it had been a Burnley player they'd have had the book thrown at them. You see it every week in the Perm, one set of rules for the top four another set for the rest, its funny how refs can see things in one penalty area, but have no problem at the other end
Old 13-11-2008, 11:33   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well very begrudgingly, well done Dingles, must agree dave, but Dogs body shouldn't have thrown it back r made hand signals to the fans. Mark my words he'll just get his hands slapped, you can bet your bottom dollar if it had been a Burnley player they'd have had the book thrown at them. You see it every week in the Perm, one set of rules for the top four another set for the rest, its funny how refs can see things in one penalty area, but have no problem at the other end
No he shouldn't have thrown it back but if nobody threw it in the first place he wouldn't have needed to. In some ways what he did was worse he had thousands of people to aim at and a very likely chance it would hit somebody.

Burnley will ban fans for life with very little reason from the Turf, ie being drunk, and it's often a point among fans that they do it too easily. What they can't do though is stop these numpties going to away matches unless it's a ban from all grounds issued by the courts.
Old 13-11-2008, 13:37   #15

Well done Burnley and the BEAST for saving those two penalties. Absolutely thrilled. Hopefully we will be playing Rovers in the next round. BRING IT ON !!!

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..