Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 17:12   #1
God Member

well done Rovers, Stanley

Congrats to Rovers in finishing a good 10th in the Prem..great win for the Clarets last home game and hope you come back next season.
Congrats Accrington Stanley on a great season.. Stanley supports must have been biting the nails sometimes but you can't beat this season for drama!
Sod off Liverpool and City
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2010, 18:01   #2

Re: well done Rovers, Stanley

Over the moon with how this season as gone overall.had a couple more young lads making debuts today as well and thats seven under 23 year olds that have played this season.well done big fat sam.
burnley might get in europe yet ( bit by default ) and had a cracking last home game,they ended 6 points short of staying up.
i reckon thats the very same 6 points that rovers got off them
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 18:11   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
i reckon thats the very same 6 points that rovers got off them
Spig mate, thats just made my day.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spig mate, thats just made my day.
Me Too cashy
Old 10-05-2010, 11:56   #5

And Burnley, they managed to be the first team to lose 17 away games.

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 13:52   #6
Super Moderator

Well pleased with this season's outcome. Highest position and best points total since we returned to the league, no "great escape" scenarios in the last few weeks of the season, gates slightly up.

Already looking forward to next season and all you lot, be warned, I will be actively recruiting for big club supporters to adopt us as their second club.
Old 10-05-2010, 14:17   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well pleased with this season's outcome. Highest position and best points total since we returned to the league, no "great escape" scenarios in the last few weeks of the season, gates slightly up.

Already looking forward to next season and all you lot, be warned, I will be actively recruiting for big club supporters to adopt us as their second club.
so- ya always are.
Old 10-05-2010, 14:52   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Your talking to the converted Wyn
Old 19-05-2010, 08:57   #9
God Member

Stuff Rovers. I wonder if they would have reached the position they did reach had it not been for their registered status for tax purposes and their ability to put in additional financial resources.

Top football clubs flee to tax havens | Football - Times Online
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 09:05   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Stuff Rovers. I wonder if they would have reached the position they did reach had it not been for their registered status for tax purposes and their ability to put in additional financial resources.

Top football clubs flee to tax havens | Football - Times Online
Thats just like saying, If me grandma had balls, she'd be me grandad.
Old 19-05-2010, 10:11   #11
God Member

Two issues, Cashy:

1) If Rovers - and the other clubs named - are actually businesses registered in places like Bermuda, the Virgin Islands, Nevada and the Channel islands - then what the hell are they doing in the English football league? I suggest the lot of 'em get kicked out. Let them set up their own league - call it the Tax Dodging League, or summat similar.

2)It really pi**es me off that inspite of their offshore tax evading status , a club like Portsmouth now appear to have evaded their full liabilities to HMRC . While Stanley are paying every penny due to the taxman, Portsmouth will be paying summat like 15p in the pound out of of £11.6m. This is immoral. I really cannot see how anyone can support this.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..