Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2005, 17:18   #1
Senior Member+

Where are all the Rovers Fans?

It started as a normal day, walked past Ewood Park to work it looked like a blissful calmness had ascended over the area as the team was already down in Cardiff ready and waiting for the mighty Arsenal. Worked all day Friday then at 5 o clock went home for my tea and a kip before friday night party time.
After a while the phone rang "are we out tonight?" "certainly are" I replied but its going to be an early night tomorrows the semi between Rovers and Arsenal and I have a funny feeling we are going to win so I want a clear head when I watch it on telly.
What a night we went down town and cruised from pub to pub and ended up in a couple of clubs where I managed to tap off with a slapper and what a looker, blonde, blue eyed with a body like Jordan and she said her name was Jennifer Ellison, wow she was a Rovers supporter as well whats the chance of that happening. I took her home and the sex was superb we did it in every postion you could think of and she even put on my Dickov shirt, it was heaven.
Ring, Ring what the.........oh its the phone, "yeah what do you want?"
"are we going out or what!!!! its 7 o clock you lazy Bar steward"
"Oh yeah.....er em...yeah....., but....... give me 5 mins to change my trousers seems I have a stain on them"

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2005, 17:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Where are all the Rovers Fans?

LOL nice one Bazf,thought you were going to have a jibe on the Rovers turn out down there at cardiff,it was a bit thin,LOL.
Old 18-04-2005, 17:31   #3
Senior Member+

I put in the bit about watching it on telly but I thought they might be licking their wounds after saturday or should that be Arsenal licking their wounds?

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM

KICK THE CRA* OUT OF THEM

Old 18-04-2005, 17:35   #4
I am Banned

Rovers only took down 17000 with them - the rest only come out of the woodwork when they are doing well !!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 17:36   #5
I am Banned

Pmsl Bazf - thats a good point lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
I put in the bit about watching it on telly but I thought they might be licking their wounds after saturday or should that be Arsenal licking their wounds?

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM

KICK THE CRA* OUT OF THEM

accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 20:06   #6
Senior Member+

Rovers took 400 away to Liverpool this year and only 350 to Everton which is a disgrace....

Stanley take more away than that!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 21:50   #7
Senior Member+

It was 300 to Liverpool and 350 to Everton your being generous on them there smiffy

God knows how many they took to Southampton and Portsmouth
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 22:21   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

bear this in mind when having a pop at rovers fans- i supported stanley home and away when they were in 3rd division north,me dad took me to every away match, was heartbroken when they dropped from league in1962, started going rovers after due to bob lord crapping on stanley.my point is this stanley dropped out of the league due to debts,aided and abetted by lack of support from the people of accrington.
Old 19-04-2005, 11:51   #9
Senior Member+

That doesn't really effect Rovers as they are still living on Jackinabox's money, if you look at the premiership teams that are solvent one of them is Rovers. What will happen is they won't be able to attract decent pros they will end up with has beens and muppets, or I forgot they already have those.

Last edited by Bazf; 19-04-2005 at 12:32.
Old 19-04-2005, 13:58   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
That doesn't really effect Rovers as they are still living on Jackinabox's money, if you look at the premiership teams that are solvent one of them is Rovers. What will happen is they won't be able to attract decent pros they will end up with has beens and muppets, or I forgot they already have those.

Well the 'has beens and muppets' have won the Premiership. Now let's see, which other N.W. teams have done that? Manchester United....................hm, I think that's it!

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 15:22   #11
Senior Member+

Winning the premiership then getting relegated 2 years later, which other premiership teams have done that

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

One word for you rovers "fans".......... Trelleborg

Last edited by Cafu01; 19-04-2005 at 15:23.
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 17:07   #12
Senior Member+

Also got to remember that Rovers bought the title and like there cup run it will be another 77years before they win it again, what have Rovers and a 3 pin plug got in common?
Neither work in Europe.

Old 19-04-2005, 17:29   #13

How can you 'buy' the title? The reason Rovers won the championship is because at the end of the season they had more points than anyone else. QED. They did have a benefactor who allowed them to compete with rich clubs such as Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United to buy the better players. Liverpool have plenty of money but the title seems to have been elusive over the last dozen years or so. Why haven't they 'bought' it then? Because it's not for sale, that's why.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 18:49   #14
Senior Member+

Heres a little Rovers song that a Burnley fan sent me, all about losing the money and of course no suport.

WILD ROVERS

I went to an alehouse I often frequent,
I saw old Mark Hughes his money all spent,
He asked me to play,
I answered him nay,
Rubbish like yours I can beat any day.
And its No Nay Never,
No Ney Never no more,
Till we play b*st*rd rovers,
No Never no more.
Ewoods now empty, its getting knocked down,
They play their home games on a piece of waste ground,
Mark Hughes looks round and says something's not right,
Cause theres far more players than supporters in sight.
And its No Nay Never,
No Nay Never no more,
Till we play b*st*rd rovers,
No Never no more.
Five years have now passed and Burnley rule supreme,
The league and the cup have been won by our team,
The b*st*rds are bankrupt and long since have died,
And Mark Hughes sweeps up down at Burnley's Longside.

Old 19-04-2005, 19:19   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

bazf your just a sad old dingle lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..