Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 14:42   #16

Re: Will Rovers survive?

I live in Hull and have been a Rovers fan since 1938 and I went to the game on Sunday..Phil Brown handed the game to Rovers with his team selection.He left his best players on the bench Rovers were a far better team Santa Cruz Warnock and Grella ran the show. I was very impressed with the Rovers supporters There were 24000 at the game but the 2000 Rovers fans sang and supported their team and deafened out the Tigers lot.Very well done and the 3 points will come in handy
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 15:30   #17
Senior Member+

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game Jim, ( Bet Prezza was choking on his Crispy Duck after!! Lol!), fingers crossed we'll get 3pts against Everton too!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 00:28   #18

went everton game and we wasnt that good but we got a point so fingers crossed.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:26   #19
Resting in Peace

Well I watched Th full match coverage last night on a Sky highlights program, and if we play like that for the rest of the season we'll be okay, Steve Warnock was awesome last night, to me the man of the match, on another day he would have had a hat trick, hit the inside of the post with the goalie beaten then brought two great saves out of him in the second half. Can't say I was that keen on Djouf coming to Ewood, but I have to admit he worked it tail off last night, he was all over the place chasing down, good all round display, jaysay went to sleep a very happy Bunny last night
Old 15-03-2009, 09:16   #20
God Member

Rovers are going down. A disgraceful display against Arsenal. Diouf should have walked for the foul on Almunia and Pedersen should be in the next Norwegian Olympic diving team, how on earth did he avoid a yellow card?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 09:46   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Rovers are going down. A disgraceful display against Arsenal. Diouf should have walked for the foul on Almunia and Pedersen should be in the next Norwegian Olympic diving team, how on earth did he avoid a yellow card?
You have the nerve to talk about a Rovers player diving, when you support a team who have the biggest diving cheat the Prem has ever seen in that Portuguese Ponce Ronaldo
Old 15-03-2009, 10:17   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
You have the nerve to talk about a Rovers player diving, when you support a team who have the biggest diving cheat the Prem has ever seen in that Portuguese Ponce Ronaldo
Ronaldo does try to fool the referee into thinking he was fouled, he does wait for the opposition player to get within ten yards of him before diving.
The biggest diving cheat ever seen was in the days before the premiership. The well-known bog roll manufacturer, Francis Lee.

Last edited by yerself; 15-03-2009 at 10:21.
Old 15-03-2009, 10:46   #23
Senior Member+

I still feel Rovers will just about cobble together enough points to survive, but it is going to be very tight. Theres a lot of teams involved in the mix this time, and i feel we are solid enough to grind out results against many of the teams in and around us. Lets not take away, from a damn good display by Arsenal yesterday. As Sam says, our fate wont be decided by games against the top 3 or 4 teams. My gut feeling for the drop still remains, West Brom, Boro and Stoke, and i'm pretty convinced we will finish above Newcastle too, their fixtures are more difficult than our i feel. We do need to start to take advantage of our home games now though which we hav'nt been too good at doing so far this season. I do feel that Diouf was very lucky to stay on, a ruddy daft, needless challenge. And Pedersen will, or should, be well embarrased looking at the replays of his attack of dropsy!! The problem is refs will be more aware of his attitude now and may well rule out future, more valid claims!!....But do agree that Ronaldo is still the cheating supremo!!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS....and as for Fergie saying they were the better team, has he taken to drinking his vino before and during games these days, rather than after!! Comic Relief a day late!!

Last edited by Taggy; 15-03-2009 at 10:49.
Old 15-03-2009, 12:36   #24
God Member

You Rovers fans can never call Ronaldo again.

Old 15-03-2009, 16:25   #25
Senior Member+

Dont put money on it!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 15-03-2009, 19:45   #26
God Member

Even the Dingles put up a better fight lettin only 3 in.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 09:29   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Even the Dingles put up a better fight lettin only 3 in.
Ya but the Gooners only went out for a stroll in the Park that afternoon Spugs
Old 16-03-2009, 11:18   #28

I hope they go down i put a bet on rovers go down dingles go up a double
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 13:17   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsboy View Post
I hope they go down i put a bet on rovers go down dingles go up a double
Guess you'll find out at the end of the season why the bookies are richer than you!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 16-03-2009, 13:20   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Think Rovers will stay up, but will certainly be a close one! Still feel it will be West Brom, Boro and stoke that go. But others are dropping fast too ie Hull and Newcastle, and The Toon have got some toughies against the top clubs over the next few weeks....mind you so have we!!

Best Regards - Taggy

I agree with you Taggy. It was pretty impossible for us against Arsenal on Saturday (mind you - would have thought the same for Spurs yesterday!). Anyhow, letīs hope and pray Sam and the boys manage to bang a few more wins in....they say if you get 40pts you are ok and I think we have 30 now....so keep up the good work Rovers!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..