Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 00:37   #1
God Member

Will Rovers survive?

Looking at the league table Rovers still second from bottom...games in hand and have played well since Sam took over... but playing good has not got them out of the bottom 3! ..when I speak with Rovers supporters they seem to think there's no way they go down... getting close end season now lads and optimism don't get you out of the kak!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2009, 00:46   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Will Rovers survive?

The only chance they have of survival is to change from Newton & Ridley.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 00:50   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

honestly think they will Mancie! today at Hull is the game of the season though in my eyes, one they gotta win.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14   #4
God Member

wasnt so long ago they got demoted so i dont see why it cant happen again and believe me im enjoying ribbing my son about his switch to blackburn rovers because his friends support them lol

may be time to dust off his MUFC cup as he may be drinking out of it again after this seasons done with

mind you if his uncles get their way the liverpool fc cup may at long last be taken out of its packaging that hey bought him

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14   #5
God Member

you had to win or at least get a result at Wigan a few weeks ago...on what basis do you think you get even a point at Hull? i suppose that is what I'm trying to say .... we have to win there .. we should win here... OK.. but Rovers have to win lots more... and the other teams around you don't just loose games... Rovers are in trouble.. and cash coming from cashy soon!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
you had to win or at least get a result at Wigan a few weeks ago...on what basis do you think you get even a point at Hull? i suppose that is what I'm trying to say .... we have to win there .. we should win here... OK.. but Rovers have to win lots more... and the other teams around you don't just loose games... Rovers are in trouble.. and cash coming from cashy soon!
Have to agree Mancie, I've watched the Rovers to long to know that they are prone to shooting themselves in the foot, they seem to have been defending better since Sam came, but the need to win today or they're up the creek without a paddle
Old 01-03-2009, 12:43   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
on the basis that we are 2-0 up at half time n cruising so far.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

62 mins gone n hulls Marney sent off, so that helps my basis.
Old 01-03-2009, 13:11   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

78 mins 1-2
Old 01-03-2009, 13:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
on what basis do you think you get even a point at Hull? i suppose that is what I'm trying to say .... we have to win there .. we should win here... OK.. but Rovers have to win lots more... and the other teams around you don't just loose games... Rovers are in trouble.. and cash coming from cashy soon!
on the basis we got 3 pts.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
on the basis we got 3 pts.
Good day yesterday cashy, made it even better with the Dingles getting Dongled on Saturday, it was easy to see why Alexander has never played in the Prem
Old 02-03-2009, 14:09   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Good day yesterday cashy, made it even better with the Dingles getting Dongled on Saturday, it was easy to see why Alexander has never played in the Prem
notice the threadstarter has not returned to the thread since the 3 pts.
Old 02-03-2009, 14:53   #13
God Member

Quote:
And the short answer is..................:

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 16:31   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
notice the threadstarter has not returned to the thread since the 3 pts.
Do you mean Mancie has become shrinking violet cashy
Old 02-03-2009, 16:46   #15
Senior Member+

Think Rovers will stay up, but will certainly be a close one! Still feel it will be West Brom, Boro and stoke that go. But others are dropping fast too ie Hull and Newcastle, and The Toon have got some toughies against the top clubs over the next few weeks....mind you so have we!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..