Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 00:45   #1
God Member

World cup - Anyone going?

I am going for the Sweden v England game in Cologne and no I ahvent got a ticket.. me and 50-100 thousand others who will be there watching big screen etc..

Car and 4 of us 44 quid Dover to Dunkirk arrive 2am day of match..... 3.5 hr Drive through France, Belgium, Holland and Germany and the game only starts at 8pm so plenty of stops and sight seeing and get to Cologne around lunchtime making the 3.5 hr drive into about 10hrs

4 in a car.. Fuel, ferry and bed/breakfast in dover before the drive back is total outing 70quid each... cheapo few days out although food/drink on top of that could treble it hehe

ha well.. its a break
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: World cup - Anyone going?

Kipax mate you will be struggling to get a place.Just before the German border there is a B.+B.Stay there 25 quid a night and you only have an hours drive to Cologne.Petrol,food and beer is cheaper over here.There will be 6 big screens spread around the city for all the fans without tickets.
By the way anybody heading for the game in Münich, if England come 2nd in their squad is welcome.We can put 3 up.
Old 04-06-2006, 15:50   #3

i am going on friday, returning sunday

going to frankfurt for first group game, no tickets
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:17   #4
God Member

I dont think any chance of tickets.. but big svreens in city centers and litrally thousands of others doing same thing should be a good outing

Mick match finishes then into city.. i doubt would get to bed and breaky before early hrs as it would take some getting to as well... nothing within an hr or two available.. so may as well rough it I guess.. ta
Old 05-06-2006, 07:25   #5
God Member

I once went all the way to Barcelona just to watch the Leeds rematch( against Stuttgard after thy played too many foreigners). 5 of us in a Citreon AX GT. Set off on the Thursday morning, got there by lunchtime Friday, something to eat, watch teh match, drive back, got home Sunday. Knackered, stiff but a good few days as you say.

LAd I sit next to at work managed to get a ticket for Holland v someone, face value 35 euro, he paid £135 for it and as its not in his name he may not even get in!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:14   #6

i paid £136 return to frankfurt on alitalia, going via italy

going to stop off at the san siro for a ground tour

paid 15euro for hostel, booked hours after the draw
Old 05-06-2006, 10:21   #7
God Member

I booked my ferry 10 minutes after the draw 70 quid for 4 of us .. I wont fly so had to choose the nearest game to the french coast which is Cologne... The finals are nearer to Russia than France so too far to drive which is a shame
Accommodation for 4 was too hard to find... and as we have ferry 5pm next day.. with game finishing late then into city... I guess not much time for sleep.. hence the B&B in dover wed night so refreshed for drive back Thursday

Last edited by KIPAX; 05-06-2006 at 10:24.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 20:50   #8
Senior Member+

We are going to Nurenburg.No tickets but there will be a big screen somewhere.Only 133 mile trip one way so anybody who knows us should watch out for us.Girls and wife are coming along too.
Old 15-06-2006, 13:53   #9

i am going back for the 2nd round

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..