Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 09:26   #196
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: World Cup Thread

i honestly think our superstars in general are overated crap, i watched Paulo Wanchope, fer malaga when i lived in spain, he was crap here, yet looked a worldbeater fer them. perhaps many of the foreign players here don't get sucked into the "english" way?
Old 28-06-2010, 09:47   #197
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sorry Wyn but the likes of Messi and Kaka are paid far more than England team members yet they always seem to play to their strenths
I would've thought you'd be the first one to complain when somebody dishonours our country but you're obviously blind to any criticism of your precious premier league.

Messi and Kaka probably regard it as an honour to play for their country; the majority of the England team don't and it shows on the field.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:20   #198
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would've thought you'd be the first one to complain when somebody dishonours our country but you're obviously blind to any criticism of your precious premier league.

Messi and Kaka probably regard it as an honour to play for their country; the majority of the England team don't and it shows on the field.
Well said, Wynonie. It was obvious to any reasonably knowledgeable fan a month ago that this was going to happen and I am now totally bored by the entire campaign post-mortem. I was even bored with the match yesterday so much so that I switched over to one of the shopping channels and started to write my response to the fiasco on here.

That it is the Premier League that is primarily responsible for this is a no-brainer - although it is not the only reason. I did not wish to see this game in a pub yesterday because I know that the people who would be doing the most shouting for heads to roll would be the supporters of "English" Premiership clubs.

The simple truth is that you cannot be a supporter of a team which is comprised of a bunch of foreign mercenaries and at the same time be an England supporter. In fact, it's worse than that - if you support the likes of BRFC, MUFC, Chelsea or Arsenal you are a traitor to your country, just as much a traitor as someone who hands over state secrets to enemies of the Crown.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:26   #199
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I was even bored with the match yesterday so much so that I switched over to one of the shopping channels and started to write my response to the fiasco on here.

Strange choice, my cousin is one of the presenters on one of those channels, and he's more boring than any England game
Old 28-06-2010, 12:33   #200
God Member

At least you can get a desired result from a shopping channel.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:54   #201

It was an horrendous display of non football from England. They cannot play simple football, can't seem to pass to each other and their defence was atrocious and that's from me who knows nothing about football
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 13:15   #202
Super Moderator

Quote:
if you support the likes of BRFC, MUFC, Chelsea or Arsenal you are a traitor to your country, just as much a traitor as someone who hands over state secrets to enemies of the Crown.
However, unlike spies and the like you don't have to spend years locked up in clink. There is a way to redeem yourself. Be patriotic - support Stanley!
Old 28-06-2010, 18:51   #203
God Member

Aye, true - but not only that you will see a far higher standard of football than that displayed by those wastrels yesterday. A bunch of drunks in the pub carpark would play better than that lot .

Their cowardice does not end there, however. They have now chosen to arrive back at Heathrow on a BA flight with ETA 6.20 tomorrow morning. I'm tempted to pop over there to greet them. The final insult is that they are due to be processed through the VIP lounge at T5..this is sickening. However, I did predict this - see my first post on the world cup bet thread and I will now make repeat that prediction and say they will not exactly be cordially welcome.
Old 28-06-2010, 19:00   #204
God Member

Quote:
The final insult is that they are due to be processed through the VIP lounge at T5...
Maybe VIP now stands for Very Insignifiant Players
Old 28-06-2010, 19:05   #205
God Member

Dave, these buggars are hoping no one will be around at that time...they may be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Old 28-06-2010, 19:12   #206
God Member

Quote:
.they may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

I'm damn sure they will, the internet does have it's uses for getting word around
Old 28-06-2010, 20:26   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Dave, these buggars are hoping no one will be around at that time...they may be in for an unpleasant surprise.
I sincerly hope they get one.
Old 29-06-2010, 01:12   #208
Senior Member+

As bad as England were and there's no argument there, the worst team by far are those incompetent whistle happy, card waving wastes of skin in the middle. As a spectator, this is the worst world cup ever, spoiled by a bunch of idiots who have probably never played the game and think their job is to wave as many cards as possible and stop the game when ever one of the little boys roll over and cry.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 03:21   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
As bad as England were and there's no argument there, the worst team by far are those incompetent whistle happy, card waving wastes of skin in the middle. As a spectator, this is the worst world cup ever, spoiled by a bunch of idiots who have probably never played the game and think their job is to wave as many cards as possible and stop the game when ever one of the little boys roll over and cry.
yes no doubt about it.. if it had come 2-2 then just maybe it would have been a different outcome... we will never know.. England would not have gone far facing the Argies in the quaters then Brazil in the semis.. we are sh!te and we have to face up to it... I watched a programme about Van Bastan tonight.. plenty of programmes about great players from the world cup..Zidane,Pele,Cruff,Maradona,Kempes,Rossi.. an almost endless list but we have to go back to Bobby Charlton for any English comparison.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 06:54   #210
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
yes no doubt about it.. if it had come 2-2 then just maybe it would have been a different outcome... we will never know.. England would not have gone far facing the Argies in the quaters then Brazil in the semis.. we are sh!te and we have to face up to it... I watched a programme about Van Bastan tonight.. plenty of programmes about great players from the world cup..Zidane,Pele,Cruff,Maradona,Kempes,Rossi.. an almost endless list but we have to go back to Bobby Charlton for any English comparison.
and even Charlton wasn,t the best of the united team imho, that fell too a paddy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..