Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2010, 18:34   #211
God Member

Re: World Cup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
As bad as England were and there's no argument there, the worst team by far are those incompetent whistle happy, card waving wastes of skin in the middle. As a spectator, this is the worst world cup ever, spoiled by a bunch of idiots who have probably never played the game and think their job is to wave as many cards as possible and stop the game when ever one of the little boys roll over and cry.
Agree with you on this one ... these idiot officials should watch how hockey refs act in the Stanley Cup playoffs, particularly in sudden death overtime: let the boys get on with the game and deal with the dead and wounded when the final buzzer goes.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2010, 18:42   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
yes no doubt about it.. if it had come 2-2 then just maybe it would have been a different outcome... we will never know..
Yes we do know.. it would have been 4-2 to the Krauts. Do you need a lesson in maths as well as football and politics?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 20:44   #213
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aye, true - but not only that you will see a far higher standard of football than that displayed by those wastrels yesterday. A bunch of drunks in the pub carpark would play better than that lot .

Their cowardice does not end there, however. They have now chosen to arrive back at Heathrow on a BA flight with ETA 6.20 tomorrow morning. I'm tempted to pop over there to greet them. The final insult is that they are due to be processed through the VIP lounge at T5..this is sickening. However, I did predict this - see my first post on the world cup bet thread and I will now make repeat that prediction and say they will not exactly be cordially welcome.

I'm not a regular football fan I only really enjoy the world cup. So to me England always seem not to enjoy it, perhaps they are too arrogant and find it hard to play as a team? Also in this German game the defence was awful and England all seemed to be at the goal end and had to race back to defend.

OK it's an overstatement that the disallowing of the 2nd goal ruined the game - but they could have come back in the 2nd half and done something to win but they didn't they played awfully. What happend to the defence?

As far as this goal goes - it's a case of What goes around comes around and I think the 1966 goal may not have gone in - however this one most definately did! So perhaps it's the decision of God!

England may be cowards? But I think the team is perhaps too arrogant and can't really play as a team. Also they may be disillusioned, not happy with management decisions, knackered after playing too much and over paid! Add them to the list!

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-06-2010 at 20:53.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 20:55   #214
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I'm not a regular football fan I only really enjoy the world cup. So to me England always seem not to enjoy it, perhaps they are too arrogant and find it hard to play as a team? Also in this German game the defence was awful and England all seemed to be at the goal end and had to race back to defend.

OK it's an overstatement that the disallowing of the 2nd goal ruined the game - but they could have come back in the 2nd half and done something to win but they didn't they played awfully. What happend to the defence?

As far as this goal goes - it's a case of What goes around comes around and I think the 1966 goal may not have gone in - however this one most definately did! So perhaps it's the decision of God!

England may be cowards? But I think the team is perhaps too arrogant and can't really play as a team.
dont think yer so far off the mark yon kestrel, as fer playing awful in second half, reckon millions of folk agree, the one who says they played well, was the "JOKE" of a captain Gerrard, not even the balls to tell the truth.
Old 29-06-2010, 20:58   #215
God Member

I don't know how many of you lot may have seen the pictures from Wooton Basset this evening. Earlier on, there was a debate going on in the editorial offices of some of the tabloid newspapers here (in Wapping & Canary Wharf) on split front pages showing the seven coming back from Afgan and those wastrels returning from SA. I don't yet know what the leads will be tomorrow morning.
Old 29-06-2010, 21:37   #216
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't know how many of you lot may have seen the pictures from Wooton Basset this evening. Earlier on, there was a debate going on in the editorial offices of some of the tabloid newspapers here (in Wapping & Canary Wharf) on split front pages showing the seven coming back from Afgan and those wastrels returning from SA. I don't yet know what the leads will be tomorrow morning.
Its a knocking bet the debate about the lead story, will rest on the one they think will sell most papers.
Old 29-06-2010, 22:31   #217
God Member

Just heard first editions may change.
Old 29-06-2010, 22:41   #218
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just heard first editions may change.
From what, to what?
Old 29-06-2010, 23:01   #219
God Member

Quote:
Well we all know what the lead story should be but you can bet your bottom dollar the "over-paid prima donnas" will take presedence!!!!!
Old 30-06-2010, 09:34   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no matches today.
Old 30-06-2010, 19:07   #221
God Member

Quote:
Yes we do know.. it would have been 4-2 to the Krauts. Do you need a lesson in maths as well as football and politics?
It's not about "maths" ... or, more precisely, arithmetic ... it's about psychology.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 19:47   #222
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Has anyone heard the rumour ?? Due to the abysmal display of England in the World Cup the FA to make amends have organised a friendly match England Vs Iceland, held at Wembley with free entry !! not only that but should the fixture prove a success Fabio Capelo has lined up 2 other matches against Asda & Tesco

Go on, I know you're grinning !!!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 21:14   #223
God Member

Quote:
lol... didn't have you marked down as a teacher.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:34   #224
Senior Member+

There's no doubt it would have been a different 2nd half. What astounded me was that the ref went over to discuss the "goal" with the linesman and must have seen the ball cross the line on the big screen so why not give a goal? Everyone in the stadium and around the world Knew it should have counted so be a man and make the correct decision.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:59   #225
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
There's no doubt it would have been a different 2nd half. What astounded me was that the ref went over to discuss the "goal" with the linesman and must have seen the ball cross the line on the big screen so why not give a goal? Everyone in the stadium and around the world Knew it should have counted so be a man and make the correct decision.
From what was said FIFAs rules dont allow a descision to be changed. simple as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..