Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 08:21   #226
Super Moderator

Re: World Cup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
There's no doubt it would have been a different 2nd half.
One thing's for sure, the England team would still have been largely composed of self-interested, spoilt brats who have no pride in their country.

As for being "a man" perhaps that might be suggested to whining, petulant, big girl's blouses like Gerrard and his team mates.

This match confirmed to me why I despise "big time" football with its plastic atmosphere...and plastic players.
Old 02-07-2010, 00:24   #227
Senior Member+

Quite right Cashy except a decision is not final until the ref restarts the game, in this case until England had kicked off at the center circle, so, the ref could have reversed his decision when it became obvious that he had made a mistake.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 21:22   #228
God Member

Uruguay v Ghana... total commitment from both teams.. no messing about.. no trying to slow down the game.. both teams ran and worked for 2 hours.. it was a shame there had to be a loser, all this from two sides that are ranked inferior to England.. I don't think so!

Last edited by Mancie; 02-07-2010 at 21:28.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23   #229
God Member

Quote from Wynonie

"This match confirmed to me why I despise "big time" football with its plastic atmosphere...and plastic players.[/quote]

Can't be having that.. like it's plastic people that pay plastic money to watch thier team in the premiership?.. "big time games"... the atmosphere in the Prem is as good as anywhere in Europe yet you despise it.. hey don't forget Accy Stan were a team that started this back in the 19th century.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19   #230
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Quote from Wynonie

"This match confirmed to me why I despise "big time" football with its plastic atmosphere...and plastic players.

Can't be having that.. like it's plastic people that pay plastic money to watch their team in the premiership?.. "big time games"... the atmosphere in the Premier is as good as anywhere in Europe yet you despise it.. hey don't forget Accy Stan were a team that started this back in the 19th century.[/quote]
They don't like the Prem Mancie because Stanley have little or no chance of playing in it, but if they did there would be one big C change. Its a bit like Misure Kilby down the Dingle Dome, for years he screamed how unfair the parachute payments were for teams being relegated from the Prem, seems to have gone rather quite on that score, the cash must be coming in handy to pay of the debts of is mate Mr Flood, believe only this week they have paid £5.5 million to MPR Marwick who are cleaning up mr floods failed business dealings
Old 03-07-2010, 14:19   #231
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can't be having that.. like it's plastic people that pay plastic money to watch their team in the premiership?.. "big time games"... the atmosphere in the Premier is as good as anywhere in Europe yet you despise it.. hey don't forget Accy Stan were a team that started this back in the 19th century.
They don't like the Prem Mancie because Stanley have little or no chance of playing in it, but if they did there would be one big C change. [/quote]

What a load of cobblers. If I or any other Stanley fan wanted to watch premiership football, it'd be easy enough for us to go and watch it - after all there are plenty of premiership clubs around the North West. When will the likes of you and Mancie get it into your heads that not all of us want to watch football in the homogenised, artificial atmosphere that characterizes the present-day premiership? Perhaps, Jaysay, you might care to reflect on why a mutual friend of ours very rarely goes to Ewood now, but is there and loving it at every Stanley home match!
Old 03-07-2010, 16:33   #232
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They don't like the Prem Mancie because Stanley have little or no chance of playing in it, but if they did there would be one big C change.
What a load of cobblers. If I or any other Stanley fan wanted to watch premiership football, it'd be easy enough for us to go and watch it - after all there are plenty of premiership clubs around the North West. When will the likes of you and Mancie get it into your heads that not all of us want to watch football in the homogenised, artificial atmosphere that characterizes the present-day premiership? Perhaps, Jaysay, you might care to reflect on why a mutual friend of ours very rarely goes to Ewood now, but is there and loving it at every Stanley home match![/quote]
The only thing I'm saying is if the product was so good, why aren't the gates closed every match, why is it that lots of local people prefer to carry on watching other teams who play in higher divisions rather than Stanley, its a matter of taste, I would never decry anybody going to watch Stanley or for that matter Ossy St Mary's over the White Ash on a Saturday, so really I don't take kindly to constantly hearing my team slagged of because they play in one of the best leagues in the world, and yes if I was fit I'd probably join cashy and yourself on the Clayton end for an odd match or two, but at least I get the next best thing and am able to watch MY team on TV occasionally, something which would rarely be afforded to me if I was a full blown Stanley Fan. Like most people I know who live around here and support the likes of Rovers Burnley, United, Liverpool etc treat Stanley as their second team, and also remember that in their time of need some of us even dug deep in our own pockets to support Stanley's fight with the taxman and would probably do it again
Old 03-07-2010, 22:26   #233
Super Moderator

Quote:
so really I don't take kindly to constantly hearing my team slagged of because they play in one of the best leagues in the world
Now, now, Jaysay, don't go all sensitive on me. You're always slagging other clubs off...dingles, Man U etc.

As for deriding the plastic, artificial atmosphere of the premier league, I'm just telling you what I think. The fact that hundreds of thousands of people turn up to watch matches in that league and less than two thousand turn up at Stanley every week means absolutely nowt to me. Millions of people watch soaps & reality TV programmes and buy hip hop/rap music but it sure as hell don't stop 'em all being total crap in my eyes!
Old 03-07-2010, 22:36   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Uruguay v Ghana... total commitment from both teams.. no messing about.. no trying to slow down the game.. both teams ran and worked for 2 hours.. it was a shame there had to be a loser, all this from two sides that are ranked inferior to England.. I don't think so!
Havn't said that Ghana were robbed of vicory and they were the more deserving side, when Uruguay player handballed the last shot out of the goal - OK Ghana got a penatly which was missed but they'd have won if the player hadn't made the hand ball - so football can be very unfair all round.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 22:47   #235
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That was one of the few games i missed, tonights ref was a joke i thought, on par wi some of them we get up stanley, luckily it ended the right result.
Old 03-07-2010, 23:58   #236
Senior Member+

Oh did I ever enjoy the Germany Argentina game, just to see that fat little slob go home crying did my heart good. It also hinted that England didn't do too bad even if it was only for one game.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43   #237
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Oh did I ever enjoy the Germany Argentina game, just to see that fat little slob go home crying did my heart good. It also hinted that England didn't do too bad even if it was only for one game.
I hate to say it but the Hermans looked very good yesterday and against one of the favourites too, can actually see them wining it, because Spain were crap again last night
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56   #238
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I hate to say it but the Hermans looked very good yesterday and against one of the favourites too, can actually see them wining it, because Spain were crap again last night
They did look very good, but my moneys going on Spain to beat em,
Old 04-07-2010, 15:27   #239
God Member

I reckon it will be a Germany v Holland final & I think the Germans will scrape a narrow win
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:28   #240
Senior Member+

I'll take a pint on Germany cash even if it only means we get together to drink it next time we're over.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..