Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2010, 22:39   #271
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: World Cup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
O.K. I'll bite, Holland for a pint Cash.
Despite Hollands attempt to spoil, n the ref being as crap as the English Team.I WON
Old 12-07-2010, 00:03   #272
Senior Member+

You did cash and I shall be happy to buy the pints and then I shall send the bill to that no-mind Webb.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:08   #273
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well for a World Cup final, it was pretty poor to say the least & although I wanted Holland to win I'd say that Spain deserved it more, Holland were lucky to finish with 10 guys, it could've & should've been far fewer.

Ah well, all over bar the screaming & shouting now as to what went wrong & needs changing, still it's the Europeans in 2 years time.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04   #274
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
This must have been the worst world cup, ever. Totally pathetic. I did not even bother watching the final - I went out down the road and watched the traffic lights change - far more exciting.

Lets just hope it does not happen in Africa again for a long, long time.
Do the still have traffic lights in Church
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08   #275
Resting in Peace

Its a pity the dutch had to put their national footwear on display for 120 minutes and in the end got their just desserts, at one stage I though they were far better than Ossy Cloggers, but their timing was way out
Old 13-07-2010, 00:55   #276
God Member

I'd say this final was as good as 2006.. apart from Zidanes head butt.. Holland looked out from the start and were knackerd after running around chasing the ball for 2hrs..the best team won.. Brazil v Germany final in 2002 was worse!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 09:28   #277
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'd say this final was as good as 2006.. apart from Zidanes head butt.. Holland looked out from the start and were knackerd after running around chasing the ball for 2hrs..the best team won.. Brazil v Germany final in 2002 was worse!
Think Johan Cruyff summed up holds display
World Cup 2010: Dutch legend Johan Cruyff criticises Netherlands' 'anti-football' & referee Howard Webb - Goal.com
Old 03-08-2010, 22:10   #278
God Member

Good to see that FIFA have come down hard on both teams;

World Cup winners Spain and their opponents Netherlands have been fined by Fifa for their players' poor discipline in July's final.

Football's governing body fined the Dutch federation £9,080, while the Spanish association must pay £6,053.

Presumably they will have a whip round amongst the players and fine them about 5 minutes wages to pay the fines !!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:56   #279
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good to see that FIFA have come down hard on both teams;

World Cup winners Spain and their opponents Netherlands have been fined by Fifa for their players' poor discipline in July's final.

Football's governing body fined the Dutch federation £9,080, while the Spanish association must pay £6,053.

Presumably they will have a whip round amongst the players and fine them about 5 minutes wages to pay the fines !!
Aaaaah those hard done by poor little lambs
Old 11-08-2010, 21:27   #280
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well the new faces that played in tonights friendly against Hungary, showed far more commitment than the players that were omitted, a better show than any of the world cup performances I.M.H.O.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29   #281
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well the new faces that played in tonight's friendly against Hungary, showed far more commitment than the players that were omitted, a better show than any of the world cup performances I.M.H.O.
More football in the first 30 minutes than in all England's efforts in Africa
Old 25-08-2010, 00:12   #282
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
More football in the first 30 minutes than in all England's efforts in Africa
That's exactly what I thought mate - looked like a totally different team - and it was almost had some new players in there.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 17:45   #283
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's a pity we could not have replaced Rooney with a Rovers player... but then again Rovers aint got no English bods in their team!
Dunn Jones Robinson, on Sunday United only had Scholes on the field

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..