Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2010, 20:19   #91
God Member

Re: World Cup Thread

You'll be right guys, you'll win your last pool match in a canter, 3-0..after a shocker, its rare to turn in another poor game..and as a bonus, we'll take care of the Eye-Ties Monday morning/Sunday night
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2010, 20:44   #92

Well I saw the England team on Friday and was not at all impressed. What's wrong with them, they'd better be on form for tomorrow's match. Or we are 'out'
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 21:16   #93
Super Moderator

"I am as passionate about the England team as anyone. Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result.

"The most important thing now is to regroup be positive and work towards winning the game on Wednesday. To do this the players will need the support of the fans more than ever.

"For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

So now the FA insult our intelligence by expecting us to accept that Rooney said that. We've all heard Rooney talk...can you believe he says things like that? "Coleen, on reflection, I'd rather have brown than red sauce with me bacon butty."
Old 19-06-2010, 21:20   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"I am as passionate about the England team as anyone. Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result.

"The most important thing now is to regroup be positive and work towards winning the game on Wednesday. To do this the players will need the support of the fans more than ever.

"For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

So now the FA insult our intelligence by expecting us to accept that Rooney said that. We've all heard Rooney talk...can you believe he says things like that? "Coleen, on reflection, I'd rather have brown than red sauce with me bacon butty."
Exactly what i thought its bullshine, Rooney publicly slagged the fans, so any apology should be public, or its worthless to me.
Old 19-06-2010, 21:49   #95
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Rooney publicly slagged the fans, so any apology should be public, or its worthless to me.
Too right, if Rooney had come before the cameras and apologised in his own words (stumbling and awkward though they might be), I would've been more inclined to believe him.

However, that's just a load of Google Page Ranking flannel which fools nobody and shows just how stupid the FA think we are.
Old 19-06-2010, 22:36   #96
God Member

How come teams like Cameroon can come out and play such a great match when our lot (who are supposed to be a far better team) play like such wussies (being polite there). It wouldn't be so bad if they at the very least "played their hearts out"
Old 19-06-2010, 22:44   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
How come teams like Cameroon can come out and play such a great match when our lot (who are supposed to be a far better team) play like such wussies (being polite there). It wouldn't be so bad if they at the very least "played their hearts out"
Bernie, that was probably the best match ive seen so far, n both teams are not remotely rated to do owt.
Old 19-06-2010, 22:47   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bernie, that was probably the best match ive seen so far, n both teams are not remotely rated to do owt.
Would say "pride" might be the right word here Seems our lot have none
Old 19-06-2010, 23:27   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Fer me weds is the day, gotta shut Heskey, play Gerrard in his "BEST" position,bring Joe Cole in, play half right n we will stuff em, this crap has gotta stop quick.
Old 20-06-2010, 00:11   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Argeed.. apart from our defence the rest of the team lacked any sort of commitment for the whole 90 mins..we all know something has to change for what could be our last match..players like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard don't turn into crap players overnight..to be honest any sort of change in the formation of the team is no longer a gamble.. we can't do any worse than Friday.
here we go for Wednesday.. 4-5-1

James

Johnson Dawson Terry Cole

Lennon Gerrard Lampard Barry J Cole

Rooney

Plenty of attack from the wings with Gerrard shooting from outside the box or playing balls into Rooney... job done!

Last edited by Mancie; 20-06-2010 at 00:16.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 00:58   #101

ummmm,its the gerrard/lamps thing thats would puzzle me in picking a team and formation.one is where he wants to be and does okay so the other is out of place and drifts into a trance,take it in turns so to speak.
anyway attack is the only option,we have to win and a full throttle attacking side of premier league players would wop slovenia surely.
Jesus,i went slovenia last year,its lovely but has a hundred times more trees than people, never mind people who can kick a football !!
3-0
i said that about algeria on friday
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 09:29   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Too right, if Rooney had come before the cameras and apologised in his own words (stumbling and awkward though they might be), I would've been more inclined to believe him.

However, that's just a load of Google Page Ranking flannel which fools nobody and shows just how stupid the FA think we are.
Think he may have a problem being coherent Wyn his sentences are already littered with urms, what would it be like if he was flustered and having to think what he was saying never mind making it believable
Old 20-06-2010, 10:19   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

A possible explanation fer rooneys abject performance= he may have been instructed to Behave,Keep his Head, etc n is to thick to play in that way?
Old 20-06-2010, 11:09   #104
God Member

Ditch Lennon (no end product), ditch Johnson (great going forward, unreliable in defence) and ditch Heskey (ineffective).

James
Carragher King Terry A. Cole
Wright-Phillips Lampard Barry J. Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

Bish Bash Bosh.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 11:15   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Carrager is suspended aint he? agree wi the rest shaker apart from Wright Phillips.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..