Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2010, 22:05   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: World Cup tshirts are racist!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What a cracking joke that is, we all know it's true, we laugh & joke about it with all the other sub races, (I'm being inclusive here), of the island and let's face it, it has a chance of becoming the most popular T-shirt ever bought depending on how far into the competition The England team get and the more Countries we knock out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
it's a t-shirt for chrissake ... seems like you guys have more to worry about than t-shirts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

But I still don't get the whole pc thing ... the world is going to hell in a hand basket, and folks claim to be concerned about Mickey Mouse shlt like this .... c'mon, this is fiddling while the world as we know it is self-destructing.
The only one that seems concerned about the pc sh1t is you, the rest of us think the whole T-shirt thing is a bloody good laugh.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2010, 06:05   #17
God Member

Will all threads about poltical correctness be moved to the football section in future ?
Old 25-02-2010, 06:21   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Will all threads about poltical correctness be moved to the football section in future ?
Depends on whether you print a "I hate political correctness" t-shirt with a footy badge on it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 08:12   #19
Give, give, give member

I was living/working in Glasgow in 2002, when the South Korea/Japan World Cup was on.

Lots of shops sold out of shirts of the teams England played, and all the bars were filled with people watching England's games, and supporting the opposing teams.

The papers were urging the country to support the teams playing their Sassenach neighbours. The Daily Record printed the opposition's flags for people to display in their windows.

It was all good natured.

This 'racism' will cease as soon as Scotland produce good enough players to qualify for the World Cup themselves...so we might have to learn to live with it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 08:23   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This 'racism' will cease as soon as Scotland produce good enough players to qualify for the World Cup themselves...so we might have to learn to live with it.

I must admit I did wonder why the Scots were selling t-shirts about a subject they know nowt about
Old 25-02-2010, 09:18   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The only one that seems concerned about the pc sh1t is you, the rest of us think the whole T-shirt thing is a bloody good laugh.
It is a laugh, but I can understand their reason for banning them: Replace "England" with any Asian or Middle Eastern country and you'd have them screaming "racists" from the rooftops.

The police have to be seen to be acting impartially, even if secretly they think it's a good laugh, too.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 09:49   #22
Resting in Peace

We the Jocks only do it because they're never there themselves, suppose they have to get the summer jollies somewhere, especially now that from 2011 the Champions League will be a Scot free zone too, one place and three prelims to get to the real comp
Old 25-02-2010, 09:51   #23
God Member

International competitive games are substitutes for war.
That is the only thing about them I find tolerable.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 09:55   #24
Give, give, give member

The difference between the Scots and English is that when we don't qualify for something, as happened in the '78 World Cup, and they did, we all support the 'home nation', rather than the opposition, and the Scots do just the opposite.

England is a magnaminous nation, and the Scots are still bitter and twisted about what happened centuries ago.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 10:08   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The difference between the Scots and English is that when we don't qualify for something, as happened in the '78 World Cup, and they did, we all support the 'home nation', rather than the opposition, and the Scots do just the opposite.

England is a magnaminous nation, and the Scots are still bitter and twisted about what happened centuries ago.
Understandable rindy,its a question of I.Q.
Old 25-02-2010, 15:17   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Understandable rindy,its a question of I.Q.
And Bells
Old 25-02-2010, 16:07   #27
Senior Member+

You cannot really blame them for being such a sad race of people - brought up on a diet of salted porridge I think I would be sad. I note that far more of them emigrate to England than English do to Scotland.
Old 25-02-2010, 16:17   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Police warned Slanj, which also has stores in Glasgow and Edinburgh, that a window display featuring the shirt could cause offence.
Grampian officers advised a store worker to consider whether the display was appropriate and should be removed.

This is the Jocks here using common sense (Grampian Police) "Could cause offence." not are offensive & "Consider whether" appropriate or not, well done the Jockanese for a sensible approach. A little more of this South of the Border perhaps ?
you know who you are, if you can't accept this statement you've really got issues friend.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 17:21   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
you know who you are, if you can't accept this statement you've really got issues friend.
Little bit too cryptic for me. Why don't you spell out what you intend to say?
Old 25-02-2010, 18:36   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Little bit too cryptic for me. Why don't you spell out what you intend to say?
Some banter taken out of context is all, seems the funny T-Shirts aren't funny to everyone.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..