Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2011, 21:37   #3721
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Web video jukebox.

What do you think of this girl steve? And 100% live.

Last edited by walkinman221; 22-06-2011 at 21:42.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-06-2011, 21:52   #3722

KT Tunstall seems to me to be a superb example of a modern woman in modern times. Fantastic multitasking, very clever and knowledgeable, and able to put together an impressive performance. But unfortunately, in my mind, her singing and guitar capabilities are only good and not great. It's amazing what 1 woman can do but I feel it is a triumph of skill over expression. Somehow the divas shown previously really touch a chord deep in my heart that KT doesn't achieve. Having said that, this is just one example of what she can do so I'll listen to more of her work and see if it changes my mind. Thanks for posting though, amazing things are happening that perhaps many of us are not aware of.
Cigarettes are vehicles to deliver nicotine into people's bloodstreams. Doctors are vehicles to deliver other drugs into people's bloodstreams. Most food in shops is full of salt and additives. There are no fruit and veg shops in Gobbinland. And we are still alive!

http://gobbinland.com/
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 21:56   #3723
Senior Member+

Quite like this guy too he has such a wonderful soulful voice even more so when you consider he is a white guy.
Old 22-06-2011, 22:04   #3724
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a proper diva.
Old 22-06-2011, 22:30   #3725

Janis is amazing. But I've heard 'Try a little bit harder' or whatever it was called and it sounded rubbish once. It's down to what the listener is feeling a lot of the time. Sorry for comparing and contrasting KT earlier, I've just supped a bottle of wine. It's silly to try and judge who is better than someone else. Just enjoy them for what they are. This is a great jukebox, mostly stuff I never heard before, but beats the stuff I hear on the mainstream channels most of the time. The mainstream has touches, snippets and moments that are brilliant, but in general they miss out on all kinds of really good stuff, so it's great you lot are posting it here, and keeping Accy at the very top of the cultural ladder! or something like that
Cigarettes are vehicles to deliver nicotine into people's bloodstreams. Doctors are vehicles to deliver other drugs into people's bloodstreams. Most food in shops is full of salt and additives. There are no fruit and veg shops in Gobbinland. And we are still alive!

Old 22-06-2011, 22:46   #3726
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

this canadian was rockin in late 50s, saw him early 90s, still tops.
Old 22-06-2011, 23:04   #3727

"undeniably the greatest Canadian rock and roll singer of all time" but only got to No. 3 in the US charts so probably wouldn't have got to the auditions of X Factor

Never heard of him before, sounds and looks just as good as Elvis to me (but I never was an Elvis fan).

Old 22-06-2011, 23:13   #3728
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbiner17 View Post
"undeniably the greatest Canadian rock and roll singer of all time" but only got to No. 3 in the US charts so probably wouldn't have got to the auditions of X Factor

Never heard of him before, sounds and looks just as good as Elvis to me (but I never was an Elvis fan).
in 58 jack scott had the same number of "Billboard" hits as presley fact, yet most brits aint heard of him.
Old 23-06-2011, 20:07   #3729
Super Moderator

The ultra-soulful Sharon Jones. Saw her live in Manchester a few months back...she's dynamite!!

Old 24-06-2011, 08:31   #3730

blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 08:32   #3731

Old 24-06-2011, 08:43   #3732
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburnlad View Post
This is a music video thread BL
Old 24-06-2011, 08:57   #3733

The great JL
Old 24-06-2011, 09:19   #3734

Old 24-06-2011, 09:32   #3735

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..