Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 22:06   #3856
Super Moderator

Re: Accy Web video jukebox.

Deep down and gritty Chicago soul.

Old 06-07-2011, 22:07   #3857

Never Can Tell. I loved Chuck Berry with Maybelline, Nadine, Riding along in my automobile, Johnny B Goode, Sweet Sixteen. When this one came along it was a bit different, I thought it was great but many people said it wasn't as good as his previous. I think some folk were more into guitars and I just happened to like the other instruments as well. Got into jazz after that...

Perhaps you guys know more about the history of this period. Were you listening to non-commercial R & B at the time, or was it not available then?

Cigarettes are vehicles to deliver nicotine into people's bloodstreams. Doctors are vehicles to deliver other drugs into people's bloodstreams. Most food in shops is full of salt and additives. There are no fruit and veg shops in Gobbinland. And we are still alive!

http://gobbinland.com/
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 22:13   #3858
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Chuck Berry was the consummate performer, never seen a better rocknroll performace, but yours is one hell of a record gobbiner
Old 06-07-2011, 22:18   #3859
Senior Member+

Top class tunes as ever boys
Old 06-07-2011, 22:30   #3860

Isn't YouTube great, Cashy? I see what you mean about being a performer!

Cigarettes are vehicles to deliver nicotine into people's bloodstreams. Doctors are vehicles to deliver other drugs into people's bloodstreams. Most food in shops is full of salt and additives. There are no fruit and veg shops in Gobbinland. And we are still alive!

Old 06-07-2011, 22:55   #3861
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

, yep seen the guy twice n brilliant both times. this guy also was well underrated.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:54   #3862
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbiner17 View Post
Never Can Tell. I loved Chuck Berry with Maybelline, Nadine, Riding along in my automobile, Johnny B Goode, Sweet Sixteen. When this one came along it was a bit different, I thought it was great but many people said it wasn't as good as his previous. I think some folk were more into guitars and I just happened to like the other instruments as well. Got into jazz after that...

Perhaps you guys know more about the history of this period. Were you listening to non-commercial R & B at the time, or was it not available then?
Didn't like it much when it first came out, Gobbiner. Was more into his Roll Over Beethoven, Sweet Little Rock & Roller-type stuff, but like it well enough these days. R&B was guitars and harmonicas for me back then. Didn't get into honking sax-type R&B until I picked up an album called "Kings of R&B" in either Marshalls or the Golden Disc Bar on Broadway around '69. It had Wynonie Harris on one side and Tiny Bradshaw on the other. Things were never quite the same after that...

Old 07-07-2011, 12:29   #3863

Nice one, Wyn. The music that changed my musical tastes was on the radio. 'Jazz record requests' was on at 5pm Saturdays way back in the early 60s if I remember rightly. I could understand the jazz blues but the bebop had me baffled. There were enough pleasant solos and cool little riffs and what not to keep me listening and eventually it made some kind of sense. I was travelling round so didn't listen much till 1970 when I heard 'Friday Miles' from Miles Davis at Fillmore. That had me completely baffled! It was like nothing I had ever heard before but incredibly passionate and exciting. That was when things were never quite the same for me after that... But I won't torture you with that Miles track Here's something nice and mellow.

Old 07-07-2011, 16:45   #3864

nice to 'see' the watchers have latched onto chuck
wouldn't be a full round without this
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 16:47   #3865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Didn't like it much when it first came out, Gobbiner. Was more into his Roll Over Beethoven, Sweet Little Rock & Roller-type stuff, but like it well enough these days. R&B was guitars and harmonicas for me back then. Didn't get into honking sax-type R&B until I picked up an album called "Kings of R&B" in either Marshalls or the Golden Disc Bar on Broadway around '69. It had Wynonie Harris on one side and Tiny Bradshaw on the other. Things were never quite the same after that...

I like that. I've never heard of Tiny Bradshaw before, but sure I know the song.

I saw CB at KGH, 28th May 1980 (still got my ticket). He was OK, but didn't seem to be trying anymore, just seemed to be going through the motions.
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 16:56   #3866

martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 17:42   #3867
Senior Member+

How good is this blues at its bluest as jon says "im in the mood play it baby" FANTASTIC
Old 07-07-2011, 17:57   #3868
Senior Member+

Wilson picket what a voice!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 18:33   #3869
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Wilson picket what a voice!!!!
Love that Picket track walkinman haven't heard it for a while
Old 07-07-2011, 18:45   #3870

Total classic from Picket. Here's Miles Davis at his most accessible. With superb harmonica from Wally Chambers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..