Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2008, 13:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Music how do you get yours

I download quite a bit of music to my iPod nowadays, but still buy stuff on CD. The problem with downloading is that the cost of an album from iTunes store isn't that much different to buying the CD version on the internet.

I really miss vinyl, though, and I am increasingly drawn back to it time and again. There's no comparison between the look and feel of a full size album and a little CD cover. I was going to buy a new turntable just this week, but held back when I saw the one I wanted had increased by £20. As soon as the price drops down again I'll be picking one up.
Old 21-03-2008, 13:27   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Have you never been to Custard Cube in the market?
He stocks literally thousands and thousands of C.D's,Vinyl's,Cassettes and much more and if he doesn't have what you are looking for he will get it for you.
I would highly recommend trying it out.
sorry Loz disagree, have got one or two things from him, have also asked fer stuff n he has tried,but failed to obtain, hes ok n does his best, but things i really need i have had to obtain elsewhere. P.S. i will qualify that by saying he is as good as you will get locally.
Old 21-03-2008, 13:55   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Outch!!!
That must have been awful - It must be like having your heart ripped out.

If you ever get any cash together give these people a call - their sax's are excellent.

Student tenor saxophones

I just bought one last month - the ST5 - I love it, the best Sax I've ever played.

Ski.

I cried! it was when i was pregnant and they took all my baby stuff tooo that had to be replaced first. i was bloody good! i WILL got one one day, tey get them in cash generator but they'r usually alto's, next time there's a tenor im having it!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 14:40   #19
Ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I cried! it was when i was pregnant and they took all my baby stuff tooo that had to be replaced first. i was bloody good! i WILL got one one day, tey get them in cash generator but they'r usually alto's, next time there's a tenor im having it!
There is some real scum living amoungst us!!!

How can anyone do that to another person?

Ski

Alec Bourne
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 16:40   #20
Resident Waffler

We've got a stack of vinyl albums up on the top floor and I just discovered that one of the cats has been using them for a scratching post! All the edges of the album covers are now furry and the floor looks like I'm about to make papier mache!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 10:26   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
We've got a stack of vinyl albums up on the top floor and I just discovered that one of the cats has been using them for a scratching post! All the edges of the album covers are now furry and the floor looks like I'm about to make papier mache!
What happened to thecat Willow when you'd finished pulling your hair out
Old 31-03-2008, 14:04   #22

I agree with the people who use Custard Cube in Accy. Got some great Peter Gabriel albums from there as well as ome rare Genesis vinyls.
Old 31-03-2008, 14:46   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I agree with the people who use Custard Cube in Accy. Got some great Peter Gabriel albums from there as well as ome rare Genesis vinyls.
Just wonder if this is WalkOnBRFC's father, she mentioned in her introduction he ran a DVD stall on the market .. although little unsure if she meant Blackburn or Accrington.

Very rarely buy any type of music medium myself, just put the radio on as like a mixture. Get one occasionally bought at Christmas when my kids don't know what to buy me. As above .. wouldn't know how to download, Ipod or whatever..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..