Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2008, 10:01   #1
Resting in Peace

Music how do you get yours

Music is available in all forms these days, how do who obtain yours. Do you download it from the net, Buy CDs, listen to Sat music channels, Radio. Myself I list to Sat music channels and CDs, ain't got an Ipod and if I had wouldn't have a clue how to download onto it. Talking of Ipods, according to BBC Breakfast this morning, Applemac are negotiating with record companies with regards to people paying up from one off payments with any new ipod for unlimited download allowed within the life of the player, then everying would be lost, although 50 tracks could be transfered to another PC each year, but that ain't sorted yet.
Old 19-03-2008, 10:21   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Music how do you get yours

Just about got used to these new-fangled CD thingys. However, there's nowt quite like a good old-fashioned 45...there's a magic about them that those little silver discs can't replace. Still like to pick 'em up (along with LPs and even 78s sometimes) on ebay.

Downloads?...ipods?...bah, electrickery!
Old 19-03-2008, 10:29   #3

I buy the CDs of my favourite artists and download anything else.

At the moment I'm recording all my vinyl & cassettes, which had been resigned to the loft, onto the PC.
Old 19-03-2008, 11:03   #4
God Member

i generally get my music through my ears
Old 19-03-2008, 11:27   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Just about got used to these new-fangled CD thingys. However, there's nowt quite like a good old-fashioned 45...there's a magic about them that those little silver discs can't replace. Still like to pick 'em up (along with LPs and even 78s sometimes) on ebay.

Downloads?...ipods?...bah, electrickery!
ya saved me writing it
Old 19-03-2008, 15:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
I buy the CDs of my favourite artists and download anything else. .
Same here, favorite artists or bands get bought, the more casual or curious listen gets downloaded or borrowed.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 16:11   #7
God Member

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my main way of getting music these days is through downloads. I'm too 'financially challenged' for this country's music industry! None of the music I like is stocked in ASDA (beholder of the only music department in Accy) and so if I want a CD I've got to go to Manchester to Piccadilly Records or Sifters. Either that or order off Amazon.
It's a right pain in the jacksy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 16:34   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm ashamed to admit it, but my main way of getting music these days is through downloads. I'm too 'financially challenged' for this country's music industry! None of the music I like is stocked in ASDA (beholder of the only music department in Accy) and so if I want a CD I've got to go to Manchester to Piccadilly Records or Sifters. Either that or order off Amazon.
check Finbar out shakey they have some great stuff ya will not find also Bim Bam.
Old 19-03-2008, 16:44   #9
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Have you never been to Custard Cube in the market?
He stocks literally thousands and thousands of C.D's,Vinyl's,Cassettes and much more and if he doesn't have what you are looking for he will get it for you.
I would highly recommend trying it out.
Old 19-03-2008, 16:49   #10
Ski

I still buy CD's about 4 year.
I listen to the Radio in work and in the car.

Mostly I play the music I like, either on the Tenor Saxophone or on the WX5 and VL70M.

Improves the soul within.

Ski.

Alec Bourne
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 17:27   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i generally get my music through my ears
Theres always onewhy does it usuall turn out to be you flashy
Old 19-03-2008, 17:30   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Theres always onewhy does it usuall turn out to be you flashy

ya love it really
Old 20-03-2008, 09:46   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ya love it really
TFR flashy TFR
Old 20-03-2008, 10:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I still buy CD's about 4 year.
I listen to the Radio in work and in the car.

Mostly I play the music I like, either on the Tenor Saxophone or on the WX5 and VL70M.

Improves the soul within.

Ski.

I used to play 1st tenor in an orchestra..... i miss it
mine was stolen and i havent been able to replace him yet.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 12:18   #15
Ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I used to play 1st tenor in an orchestra..... i miss it
mine was stolen and i havent been able to replace him yet.
Outch!!!
That must have been awful - It must be like having your heart ripped out.

If you ever get any cash together give these people a call - their sax's are excellent.

Student tenor saxophones

I just bought one last month - the ST5 - I love it, the best Sax I've ever played.

Ski.

Alec Bourne
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..