Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2009, 09:17   #31
God Member

Re: 09/10 Shirts on EBAY for £20..........badged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ah ta fer clarifying, was not aware, glad one of you young uns likes me idea, thought maybe possibly just the owd farts like me.
Nah it's great. What's better is that the kit looks good too, as Wynonie says. If the idea came to fruition then the kit would have to be more influenced by '62 rather than replicated as there would be the main sponsor on the shirt. Hopefully a second sponsor would also be on the shorts (like XLCR had). It'd be nice to have in the red band an embroidered inscription of something like '1962 - We'll Never Forget'. Obviously the club have more pressing issues to deal with now but if this idea can be resurrected and taken on in the close season it would be very impressive.

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-09-2009 at 09:27.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2009, 09:34   #32
Resting In Peace

I don't think the 1961-62 shirt was a very lucky one, i don't think we should tempt fate.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 09:38   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ah good, obviously more pressing things at the moment, as i am convinced this present crap will be overcome, i'm looking ahead n object is to keep the "Reds" in public eye, publicity etc, etc, mainly to try n build a bigger fanbase, like yer sig says shaker.
Old 16-09-2009, 11:46   #34
God Member

I'm with Jeff, in 1961 we changed the colour of our home shirt from red to white and disappeared off the face of the footballing map. I've never been superstitious but I wouldn't want to tempt fate again, especially as we are still far from a certain future
Old 16-09-2009, 12:00   #35

could make the white bits red and red bits white on the shirt and socks
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 12:37   #36
Resting In Peace

Another thing that's bothering me at the moment is that Oxford are top of the Conference. The last time they got into the league they took our place and when we got back into the league we took their place.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 12:53   #37
God Member

Now u mention it jeff im worried eek
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 14:12   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Another thing that's bothering me at the moment is that Oxford are top of the Conference. The last time they got into the league they took our place and when we got back into the league we took their place.
that don't bother me at all, cos this is one fight there gonna win, take yer point about 61/62 shirt, to be honest i'd forgot that shirt, i was thinking more of the red one, can still hear the cry- "Come on the Reds" was always shouted from the "Huncoat End" as you will no doubt remember. though the big wooden rattles will never make a comeback.

Last edited by cashman; 16-09-2009 at 14:14.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 14:42   #39
God Member

lol cashy nope i dont think the wooden rattles will come back, my lad had a go with one at the footy museum at preston and smacked himself in the gob waving one lol
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 19:46   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I don't think the 1961-62 shirt was a very lucky one, i don't think we should tempt fate.
Iirc, introduced by an Accy Observer headline "New strip new era", and first worn in a 9-? defeat away to either QPR or Crystal Palace - I was there but I've wiped away most of the finer details!

I'm with you Jeff!

(But it did look smart)

Last edited by Chimer; 16-09-2009 at 19:47. Reason: Adding final thought
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 07:13   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
...first worn in a 9-? defeat away to either QPR or Crystal Palace - I was there but I've wiped away most of the finer details!
Lost 9-2 at Palace on the opening day of the 60/61 season.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 09:23   #42
God Member

.. a couple of years ago, someone on here (Macca?) asked for ideas that could be employed by fans to make the Crown Ground unique/known for... I suggested at the time those whirly clacker thingys you refer to CASHY.. still reckon if they could be sourced it could be a winner, though I bet there's some regulation about them being used as a weapon and therefore banned...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 10:47   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
.. a couple of years ago, someone on here (Macca?) asked for ideas that could be employed by fans to make the Crown Ground unique/known for... I suggested at the time those whirly clacker thingys you refer to CASHY.. still reckon if they could be sourced it could be a winner, though I bet there's some regulation about them being used as a weapon and therefore banned...
the return of rattles would be great kiwi, but not viable in todays society. as the 60s progressed they turned from innocent fun to deadly weapons.
Old 17-09-2009, 11:14   #44
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the return of rattles would be great kiwi, but not viable in todays society. as the 60s progressed they turned from innocent fun to deadly weapons.
Not totaly shore cashy but i think you can still get them all be it a smaller version
Old 17-09-2009, 11:18   #45
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

FOUND THEM YOU CAN STILL GET THEM ALTHOUGH LOOK LIKE MADE FROM PLASTIC HERES THE LINK.....Promotional Football Rattles & Hand Clappers - Ideasbynet

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..