Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2009, 18:36   #1
God Member

09/10 Shirts on EBAY for £20..........badged!

Err, whats going on? Our NEW Prostar Kit is allready on sale on Ebay priced at £20.00...............Shop info appears to be official Prostar Stockists. Why do I feel worried?

accrington stanley shirts, Sporting Goods, Sports Memorabilia, Clothes, Shoes Accessories items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2009, 18:45   #2

Re: 09/10 Shirts on EBAY for £20..........badged!

Yeah I saw these a couple of days ago thats half price of the club shop, thats not good for business is it.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 18:52   #3
God Member

yep saw that too other day, didn't quite beleive it till i saw. Would like to know as well as matter of interest.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 19:53   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

People are buying them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 20:36   #5
God Member

no wonder
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 23:01   #6

maybe new start new kit when all the **** as passed. ex£ i went up for sum shorts there were £2.00
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 23:20   #7
God Member

I have messaged the seller, just to see if these are authentic shirts..............cant imagine they would be at that price................must be 'seconds', surely?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 23:27   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I have messaged the seller, just to see if these are authentic shirts..............cant imagine they would be at that price................must be 'seconds', surely?
the seller seems to be the ones who make the kit for stanley!Prostar Sportswear
Old 14-09-2009, 12:17   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
half price of the club shop, thats not good for business is it.
To bring this into context...

I went into the club shop on Friday night before the Darlo game in order to buy this season's home shirt. Looked for an Adult sized home shirt....none on display.

I then asked the lass manning the till in the Club shop, if they had any Adult sized home shirts. "None in stock at the moment" she replied...I then asked what about away shirts in an adult size then.....Again I was told none in stock...

I then asked when they were likely to get any shirts in the club shop. All the lass could offer was a statement that it was a bit difficult to determine the stock situation. I asked about the outlet at Ossy Mills and again she seemed a bit nonplussed about the stock situation down there!!!

All this begs me to make the following point.

In a time where the club need to raise a lot of money in a very short time, why is there NO stock in the club shop ??? They missed out on £40 of my money on Friday. I will buy the shirt when they eventually get some in stock, but I can't believe that the powers that be can let this situation happen !! A bumper crowd expected, which duly turned up and a severe lack of stock in the club shop!!! Hardly good business sense is it ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 12:29   #10
God Member

I take that point entirely Carpon but I think that in the current situation you couldn't commit to x thousand pounds worth of stock for anything. You can never 2nd guess how much stock you will sell and at the moment the club aren't in a position to do that. I would also imagine that credit will be hard to come by in light of our nationally advertised woes.

I spoke to Rob about this ebay seller on friday night and he promised to get in contact with prostar and find out what was going on.

Have a look through all their items on sale and our club is the only 'official' thing on sale - all the others are the generic pub shirts. Either way you would have thought they'd let us go to the wall before selling us out

I wouldn't be surprised if this constitutes a breach of contract and we won't be with Prostar again next time.
Old 14-09-2009, 12:45   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I take that point entirely Carpon but I think that in the current situation you couldn't commit to x thousand pounds worth of stock for anything. You can never 2nd guess how much stock you will sell and at the moment the club aren't in a position to do that. I would also imagine that credit will be hard to come by in light of our nationally advertised woes.

I spoke to Rob about this ebay seller on friday night and he promised to get in contact with prostar and find out what was going on.

Have a look through all their items on sale and our club is the only 'official' thing on sale - all the others are the generic pub shirts. Either way you would have thought they'd let us go to the wall before selling us out

I wouldn't be surprised if this constitutes a breach of contract and we won't be with Prostar again next time.
I hate to be the one to say this and it is off the top of my head….but. If these are Official Stanley Shirts and the seller is directly linked to ProStar then it suggests a breach of contract; however, if the original order hasn’t been paid for then the seller would hold rights over the property and would have a right to sell in order to recoup any losses…..I very much hope I’m wrong.

£75,000 in the pot after a week, thanks to a fantastic response from local support in the main and something in the order of four weeks to go before action needs to be taken and NO Major Sponsors tipping in. I’m still very worried.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 22:19   #12
Senior Member+

They certainly do not seem too have a shortage of stock of these ??

WORRIED....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 07:47   #13

Buy a shirt from Ebay for £20-00, give £10-00 to SOS. A saving of £10-00 on a full priced shirt,and a donation to the cause!
Bear in mind the kit will probaly change for next season.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 08:41   #14
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. I beleive that the club are going to deal with it.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 09:03   #15
God Member

Go on STANLEY, sue the buggers for around 300,000 pounds
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..