Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2009, 09:42   #16

Re: £1.2 Million Ground Development

Haha I don't live there anymore Sparkie, but I'm sure the other Livingstoners will have something to say about it !
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2009, 10:51   #17
Senior Member+

ah didn't realise Kisser!!! No Ozzy it isnt gonna be like Goodison but if they're gonna moan about a single portacabin control room what are they gonna say about a full stand with a roof? Stands to reason they're gonna kick off coz it means theres something to feel important about in their sad little existance!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 11:17   #18
God Member

When I went up to the club yesterday I noticed the house on the corner of Livi Rd had scaffolding all round it - think we should complain, after all if they stand on it they'll be able to see into the ground & watch the game for free
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 09:24   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
ah didn't realise Kisser!!! No Ozzy it isnt gonna be like Goodison but if they're gonna moan about a single portacabin control room what are they gonna say about a full stand with a roof? Stands to reason they're gonna kick off coz it means theres something to feel important about in their sad little existance!!!
Sparkie it wasn't me who mentioned Goodison or put the picture up, but I believe the stand will replace the cow shed, so Livingstone Roaders will have nowt to complain about, apart from the construction traffic, mud on the road, noise during the day, building work, etc etc etc. Big IF the changing rooms and the control room go over that side, then it will be the dwellers on the Whinney Hill estate that will moan, coz they cannot see the game anymore

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 14:57   #20
God Member

just to bring this back up because I read on some other forum that this was to blame!

This development WILL be going ahead (assuming we win the taxman fight) regardless. The money is not being stumped up by the club. 50% of the money is from the Football Foundation and 50% from the Legge (sp?) Project which is some sort of rejuvenation thing.

Plans need to be sent in by the end of this month for ratification. Once that is done the money is sorted and the development will begin after the final game of the season.
Old 06-09-2009, 16:02   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
just to bring this back up because I read on some other forum that this was to blame!

This development WILL be going ahead (assuming we win the taxman fight) regardless. The money is not being stumped up by the club. 50% of the money is from the Football Foundation and 50% from the Legge (sp?) Project which is some sort of rejuvenation thing.

Plans need to be sent in by the end of this month for ratification. Once that is done the money is sorted and the development will begin after the final game of the season.
hope ya responded to the ignorance Rob n set em right?
Old 06-09-2009, 17:38   #22
God Member

I really couldn't be bothered Cashy, that sort of thread is best left to drop down the page
Old 18-09-2009, 14:46   #23
God Member

Question Re: £1.2 Million Ground Development

Just thought that I would bring this back, whilst we are fighting to save our club, we must not forget the day to day things. There are people from the club that read/post on this Forum, a question:- It was stated at the "Fans Forum" that plans were all but done and had to be in by the end of the month, how are we doing with this???

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 21:02   #24
Full Member+

From LT today

Stanley ground plans to go ahead (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 21:20   #25
God Member

This does not answers the question as to whether or not the plans are going through.

Old 19-09-2009, 21:58   #26
Super Moderator

The work, which is also likely to involve the installation of a suite that would benefit the community throughout the week,

So is it a 3-piece or a 2-piece? Will people have to take turns to sit on it and watch the telly? Will we be allowed to eat pizza on it, or will we have to go and sit at the table?
Old 19-09-2009, 22:19   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
This does not answers the question as to whether or not the plans are going through.
according to a report i got from evening telegraph today valairian the plans are on-going, i registered n get a report daily wi 5 most recent on stanley, so rightly or wrongly that gives me a little optimism, cos this is 12 months forward.
Old 20-09-2009, 08:09   #28
God Member

Smile Re: £1.2 Million Ground Development

Cheers Cashy

Old 21-09-2009, 15:53   #29
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
according to a report i got from evening telegraph today valairian the plans are on-going, i registered n get a report daily wi 5 most recent on stanley, so rightly or wrongly that gives me a little optimism, cos this is 12 months forward.
We were told at the Fans Forum that to get the LEGI grant the plans had to be submitted by the end of September so we had better get a move on.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 15:55   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We were told at the Fans Forum that to get the LEGI grant the plans had to be submitted by the end of September so we had better get a move on.
the dons on his hols though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..