Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2009, 16:43   #31
God Member

Re: £1.2 Million Ground Development

£1.2 million ground development?

it might be Barratts at this rate
Old 21-09-2009, 20:38   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The work, which is also likely to involve the installation of a suite that would benefit the community throughout the week,

So is it a 3-piece or a 2-piece? Will people have to take turns to sit on it and watch the telly? Will we be allowed to eat pizza on it, or will we have to go and sit at the table?

Fantastic! :-)
Old 21-09-2009, 21:50   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmeister View Post
Fantastic! :-)
Cheers, Col. This tends to be the sort of thing I write when I've been out on the lash. Glad someone liked it.
Old 22-09-2009, 08:59   #34
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the dons on his hols though.
He is maybe 'planning' something whilst on holiday and then he can submit what he has 'planned' before the end of the month.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 21:55   #35
God Member

End of the month, so lets hope that with everything else going on, this has not been over looked..

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 22:33   #36
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
End of the month, so lets hope that with everything else going on, this has not been over looked..
It'll be one hell of a bollock to drop if it is.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 00:10   #37
Full Member+

This is a summary of what we have been told by the club:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
This development WILL be going ahead (assuming we win the taxman fight) regardless. The money is not being stumped up by the club. 50% of the money is from the Football Foundation and 50% from the Legge (sp?) Project which is some sort of rejuvenation thing.

Plans need to be sent in by the end of this month for ratification. Once that is done the money is sorted and the development will begin after the final game of the season.
The same "it will not cost the club a penny" assurance was repeated in the Telegraph: Stanley ground plans to go ahead (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Now let's look at what Shurm was told in person today ('Meeting Mr O'Neill and Rob' thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
He [Rob] explained about a £1m injection to transform the coppice end and control room and changing rooms in the form of a grant but they had to put money in as well to get this.

I never expected the people running the Club to be transparent ... name me one other set of fans who feel that their League Club is fully transparent and honest with them ... but this continued duplicity is simply staggering.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:25   #38

Hmmm I've been thinking about this it was Mr O'Neill I was talking to about this. The money is some sort of grant but I think they obviously want you to show some commitment as well but I suppose if Stanley say well we've knocked down the old terrace and levelled this land and that would have cost xyz maybe that counts instead of actually saying well here's a load of cash we have as well ???
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 13:32   #39

well we've knocked down the old terrace and levelled this land and that would have cost xyz maybe that counts instead of actually saying well here's a load of cash we have as well ???

When do you want to start mate should only take a couple of hours ha ha.

Last edited by stanley convert; 01-10-2009 at 13:37.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 14:37   #40

Half a day tops with Mick and his men
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..