Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 18:24   #1

11 went 2 barrow

if we play like that to again it will be a one way season the only plus was they was no more than 11 from accy were have the angtinas gone
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2008, 20:08   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: 11 went 2 barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
if we play like that to again it will be a one way season the only plus was they was no more than 11 from accy were have the angtinas gone
Only eleven? Mind you, how many Stanley fans turned out for the Burnley match - 400, at a guess.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 21:36   #3

they will not be more than 500 on everton r game i for one will not be going
Old 02-08-2008, 23:10   #4
Senior Member+

why will you not be going! its pre-season time to test out new formations, get the players working as a team, do things abit differently! its the only time you can, as when the season starts if you do things and they dont work out than we re bound to have a bad season, which would keep you lot happy on here tho

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:22   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
why will you not be going! its pre-season time to test out new formations, get the players working as a team, do things abit differently! its the only time you can, as when the season starts if you do things and they dont work out than we re bound to have a bad season, which would keep you lot happy on here tho
Right MCR ADMIN,for gods sake FACE FACTS..................we have been CRAP all pre season, absolutley no change from last season as far as I can see. We have played against teams which we should have beaten easily, with the exception of Burnley, yet we capitulated at each and every turn! If you honestly think that we stand any chance at all of doing something this season then Im afraid unless there is a massive turnaround at the Club, then you are sadly mistaken! I for one am convinced that we are going to really struggle again this season, we may well stay up, however thats more likley to be because of point deductions given to other teams rather than our own doing! People have a right to moan at the club as yet again they have messed around (season tickets, lack of any info etc. on fishy site........................kipax please take over again!). They continually moan and groan about attendances etc, but seem reluctant to 'get out there' and do some Google Page Ranking work,rather, leave it to others ie The Supporters Club Exhibition, which should have been the platform for the Club to launch the New Shirt, Season Tickets and anything else that would bring people in through the gates. They did the same when we got promoted back to the league and missed a HUGE opportunity to 'sell' the club to the Town.

We always seem to leave things to the last minute regardless of the fact that the Club are aware of things months in advance, to paraphrase another member on here 'Tin Pot'

That said, yes I will be there to cheer the team on, as will most if not all of the 'negative' posters on here, however as a paying customer I reserve the right to voice my opinion on here as I see fit (as do you).

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13   #6

Thumbs up Re: 11 went 2 barrow

i will go on the everton game was p off at barrow come on you reds
Old 03-08-2008, 11:30   #7
Senior Member+

I took 2 others to Barrow yesterday and walked off 15 minutes before the end of the match. Peed off that I missed Ian's goal, but it seemed that the team apart from the odd couple of players didn't want to there. Having said that, the team are still gelling to be fair. Can't blame Kenny for the first, hell of a free kick that rebounded off the bar, but where were the defence (same old problems!) they should have picked up on the rebound and cleared not allowed an attacker to ghost in and head the ball into an empty net! Still, there are 46 games to go, however the big thing that worries me is the stand not the team. Yes we haven't got the necessary cash, where are we to get it from? However, look at Fleetwood Town's website (FTFC Ground Works) If they can do that for £1million, then 800 seats should be a doddle. And it took them just over 88 days to complete in pre-season!!!!

To quote Alfred E "What me worry" your damn right I do.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36   #8

Thumbs down Re: 11 went 2 barrow

Spoke to grimps this morning and if the barrow friendly is anything to go by we are in for a bloody hard battle through this coming season,if i hadn't had to work i'd have been the twelth man at barrow.according to MCR ADIM these pre season friendlies are the time to test our new players and to get players working together,well i've been to most of the friendlies and it doesn't seem to be working.I believe we are going to struggle but if we have a good season i will hold up my hands and apologise but judging by what i've seen so far don't hold your breath.If the team that played at Barrow is the main stay of the team that will start the season against the shots we will have a battle royal on our hands.Its no use looking through rose tinted glasses and hoping for a god start,the team need to start playing as a unit and show the passion that got us back into the league or (ROAD TO DOOM).Come on stanley give us something to shout about.

ACCY THROUGH AND THROUGH AND THEN SOME
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
for a god start,the team need to start playing as a unit and show the passion that got us back into the league or (ROAD TO DOOM).Come on stanley give us something to shout about.

ACCY THROUGH AND THROUGH AND THEN SOME
Maybe we are looking for divine inspiration lol

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
but if we have a good season i will hold up my hands and apologise
but to you and some other people on here what is a good season?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:02   #11

the season we won the conference we had a really bad pre-season if i remember rightly!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:22   #12
God Member

Thanks for the link to the FTFC Outback Ozzy for the Stand pics, very Impressive

As for the Pre Season I would not read too much into it at the moment, it would be nice to be coming into the impending Season with a few good results under our belts but I will reserve judgement for a month or so's time when it is the real McCoy. There is still time to rectify the mistakes, but if there is nothing concrete (pardon the pun) to give in terms of information on availability of Shirts, New Stand at this moment in time what do you do?

Something's as others have said are pretty poor and are pretty basic:
Availability of Season Tickets
Lack of build up for pre Season or the forthcoming seasons games
Basic Google Page Ranking
Day to Day communication through the Website

The Exhibition would have been a very good platform for the Club in terms of of Google Page Ranking, the publicity could have been perhaps expanded in terms of this is our Past and this is our Future, but again to be fair to the Club as Gayle has pointed out in one of her posts if the Club has been asked to do something they have. In most of my dealings with the Club whatever I have asked they have been supportive and in some cases gone the extra mile, that is a side to the Club that is not always seen.

Believe me I get as frustrated as the next person with some things, but I believe sometimes constructive criticism can work better than just wading in all guns blazing

Trying hard to keep things in perspective Google Page Ranking

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:26   #13
God Member

and the season we won the Unibond Prem we had a bad pre-season

and the season we won the Unibond 1st we had a bad pre-season

and this is our lucky third year!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:48   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

personally pre-season games mean ****** all to me, as mcr admin says they are just fer trying thing, formations, and also fer fans that are bored rigid with the cricket season, the league is what counts.
Old 03-08-2008, 14:53   #15
Senior Member+

i agree with you cashman think this is the first time i have agreed with you on something

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..