Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 15:30   #1
Senior Member+

Exclamation 12 Players To Leave!

Coleman has told 12 players that they can start looking for new clubs!

The following are:
Graham Branch, David Brown, Martin Fearon, Jay Harris, Mark King, David Mannix, Lee McEvilly, Leighton McGivern, Mark Roberts, Sean Webb and Shaun Whalley.

The one that stands out for me is one of my favourite players Jay Harris! I am absolutely gutted! I really am! Such a great player he was and always put in 110%. For the rest they knew it was coming and so did the fans! Very cross about Jay now , anoyed hes going and the fans voted him young player of the season aswell!

See fishy site for more details!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2008, 15:38   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: 12 Players To Leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
The one that stands out for me is one of my favourite players Jay Harris! I am absolutely gutted! I really am! Such a great player he was and always put in 110%. For the rest they knew it was coming and so did the fans! Very cross about Jay now , anoyed hes going and the fans voted him young player of the season aswell!
Jay Harris always put in 110%, but his 110% wasn't good enough. He was in danger of getting booked in every game he played, he just could not pass a ball to a Stanley player and he was never where he was supposed to be on the pitch. Good luck to him but he just wasn't good enough for Stanley. It will be interesting to see who signs him, then that will give us some idea of how other managers rate him.

Jay Harris played in 79 games for Stanley and was booked 22 times and sent off 2 times and only scored two goals.

Last edited by JEFF; 06-05-2008 at 15:48.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 15:56   #3
Senior Member+

The club cant afford to play the players wages anyway.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:12   #4
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
The club cant afford to play the players wages anyway.
The players are out of contract so the wages don't need paying
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:16   #5

Glad to see that Robbie Williams & John Miles will both be with us next season!!
Old 06-05-2008, 16:19   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Coleman has told 12 players that they can start looking for new clubs!

The following are:
Graham Branch, David Brown, Martin Fearon, Jay Harris, Mark King, David Mannix, Lee McEvilly, Leighton McGivern, Mark Roberts, Sean Webb and Shaun Whalley.
That makes eleven. Is there someone missing?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:22   #7
Senior Member+

Mike thats all it says on the site. However i hope the 12th person is john miles if there is another and the site hasnt counted them wrong

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:29   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Mike thats all it says on the site. However i hope the 12th person is john miles if there is another and the site hasnt counted them wrong
Thanks. I can't access the fishy site but I've just read in the Telegraph at Stanley Begin Rebuilding Process (from Lancashire Telegraph) that these eleven haven't had their contracts renewed and that Toddy, who has left after his loan spell, is the 12th.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:31   #9
Senior Member+

am gutted about jay harris i thought he was a very good player always put in good effort1 am gald rocky is still here next season he will be in good form

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:32   #10

it looks like kenny arthur will be staying for another season see below from accrington observer:

Kenny Arthur had a clause in his contract which triggered another year after he played 20 games while Ian Dunbavin and Players' Player of the Season Phil Edwards have been offered new deals.

Stanley squad is slashed - Accrington Stanley FC - Football - Sport - Accrington Observer
Old 06-05-2008, 16:35   #11
Senior Member+

I thought number 12 was andy todd being sent back - todd has been a dissapointment and his fitness has been poor.

No real suprises except Jay Harris, Mark King and Danny Mannix.
Harris is a great squad player
Mannix has failed to turn his potential into reality and has a bad attitude, resulting in poor application.
King has some ability and a rare left foot. He will get a run of games for a conference team and will end up in league 1 - all he needs is experience to develop.

The problem with the relases - it makes coleman who onece again i think is the best man for the job, look like a fool.

Playing an unfit Evil costing us games (against Lincoln away in August he was dreadful and meant Mullin was isolated),
playing Whalley who had all the effort but none of the ability,
Playing Branch who had no stamina when the season kicked off nevermind now,
Playing Sean Webb with all the best will in the world and his international caps was never good enough

OK - he will argue they here all free transfers so nothing ventured nothing gained etc.
However, they have all cost us points - thats right, I can think back to numerous times each of the aboves inability has cost us points and goals.

He has stuck with these players who have all proven to be not good enough.

I am presuming (and hoping) the reason john miles hasnt been released is down to the club giving him a 2 year deal, thus they dont want to pay him out for a year?
I hope this is true.

BTW - rumoured phil edwards will reject our contract offer and sign for chester on a 3 year deal.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 16:48   #12
Senior Member+

more secure on a 3 year deal and he will get more money which he desevers hes been top at the back this season

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 17:33   #13

Well done John for starting the major surgery that is needed. I don't think there are many surprises in the list of the departed, good luck to them all, but if we are honest, not one of them ever stood out as someone who was going to push us onto the goal of fighting for the playoffs or beyond.

As for Edwards, I would hope the club pull out all the stops to keep him, 3 years and top earner would be fair reward from us for the ability and reliability he has shown. One of the few standouts of this season for me, aside from Kenny Arthur and Roscoe’s winner against Macc!

Looking through the contracted players, who do we think they will try and move on? Miles is an obvious target (please take him Mr Ince, please, we’ll even pay the postage and packaging), Carden another, just by dint of hardly playing for us.

I can’t help think that neither Robbie or Proccy have what it takes at this level. Proccy was integral to two 10th place finishes in the conference and absent when we won it and Robbie has one mistake a game in him and this hasn’t changed in all the years we’ve had him.

Yes they both give 100% but as my old man says, 100% of naff all is still naff all.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 17:40   #14
Senior Member+

i hope to god he knows what hes doing.

Carden and Miles, What the hell they have been nothing short of abysmal.

and as for Robbie, well theres a surprise.

can understand most of the others, apart from King, looks the best Left back in the league and doesnt get a chance what a joke
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 17:47   #15
God Member

Regardless on my feelings on any of the departing players I wish them all the best and hope they don't end up scoring/saving a goal in an opposing team next year

But I will say i am especially sad to see Jay and Leighton leave the club, I think jay is still developing and leighton wasn't given enough chances to prove himself.

As for those staying...... you're red, you're white, please prove your dynamite

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..