Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01   #1
Senior Member+

2011 Prediction League; Just for fun; Game 4 - Notts Co (away) FA Cup Round 1

Notts County

V

Accrington Stanley

2011 Prediction League – Just for Fun; Game 4 v Notts County (away) – FA Cup 1st Round

Since Martin Allen took over as Manager on 11th April (Barnet, you’ll remember, being well impressed ) they’ve signed a few; Jeff Hughes from the Pirates, Ishmel Demontagnac on release by Blackpool (he does seem to get released fairly regularly ), 34 year old ex QPR midfielder Gavin Mahon (on a “Pay as you Play” deal, although it doesn’t say who pays which ……… ) They also signed one Charlie Allen (19) from the Daggers; the Boss said, “He comes from good bloodstock and is a player I've watched for several years” ; I should hope so, Martin – he’s your son! Most recent signing (on loan) is Everton’s Femi Orenuga, a winger formerly with Southend; but you knew that, didn’t you ………..

Their home League record so far is P8 W5 D2 L1 F16 A8; Wycombe nicked a point last Saturday with a 92nd minute equaliser, Brentford also took a point in the previous home League match, and Charlton beat them at Meadow Lane (2-1) back in August. In fact, they haven’t won in four , drawing three and getting smacked 4-2 at Colchester. They went out of the Carling to Notts Forest on penalties after an away 3-3 draw, and out of the JPT at the first attempt, 3-1 at home to Chesterfield. Could that be an omen?

Jeff Hughes and Lee Hughes both have 6, ex-Blackpool forward Ben Burgess has 4, as does former loanee Christian Montagno (19) from West Ham, who lasted a month there – which is better than he did at Swindon, playing 4 games, scoring once (their second against us!), and hacking Paolo di Canio off sufficiently to be invited to leave on the early train).

We lost to them twice in 2006/7 and twice in 2007/8, and then drew twice in 2008/9; in 2009/10, the year they went up, we snook our only success against them at their place (2-1, our goals coming from Michael Symes – who appears to have advised Jayden Stockley to try life out ‘oop North’ – and Jimmy Ryan) but came back to earth with a bang, losing the return 3-0 at Fortress Crown, and being quite lucky to get nil …….

Don’t think we’re favourites here, but hey – what the hell; no doubt one of this week’s new strikers (oh, haven’t we ………..? ) will rip a last minute volley into the top left corner for a famous victory, advancing us to Round two, where we see off the riff-raff before putting out Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea (not necessarily in that order), all away from home (think of the Gate Receipts! ) to win the Cup and go into Europe.

NURSE!

Just for fun, as you know; entries by kick off time, please, that being 3.00 pm (or 15.00 hours) this Saturday, 12th November. Go for it! Stanley for the Cup!!!!!!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2011, 04:56   #2
God Member

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Just for fun; Game 4 - Notts Co (away) FA Cup Round 1

4-1 to The Stanley, Wembley here we come.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:54   #3

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Just for fun; Game 4 - Notts Co (away) FA Cup Round 1

My prediction is a squeaky 1 - 0 win for the Stanley Boys
Mysteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-1 to county.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:40   #5
Senior Member+

2-1 Stanley please
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59   #6
Resting in Peace

1-1 please
Old 10-11-2011, 16:48   #7
Senior Member+

I've got a feeling we will bring them back to crumbling fortress crown. 2-2 for me please

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 19:21   #8
Senior Member+

Same feeling here. So a resounding 2 - 2 draw please.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:00   #9
Senior Member+

0-0 for me
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:47   #10
Senior Member+

County 3 - 1 Acci
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38   #11

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

3-3 i reckon
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:59   #12
Super Moderator

5-1 to the Stanley please!
Old 11-11-2011, 13:14   #13
Senior Member+

County 3 - 1 Stanley please
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 13:17   #14

4-1 to county.
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 15:49   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Nott's County 1-2 Accrington Stanley Please for me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..