Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2012, 15:24   #1
God Member

... a compensation package is currently being negotiated

like heck it should be 'being negotiated'

stick to your guns Khan/Marsden/Hey/Brendabehindthebar or whoever else might be doing the negotiating.

3 1/2 years left on their contract x however much quids you pay them = the full amount and nothing else.

The club standpoint (and has to be for a club like ours) that we won't stand in anybodies way of an upward move. Fine, but don't sell us short and make sure that we get everything we deserve.

Rochdale made £265k out of Hill going to Barnsley and we shold be entitled to something siimilar. The rumours of £70k are a joke and if that is true then not another penny of mine will go into the till.

We've done our bit out of loyalty and respect to the pair that they we were allowed to talk to Dale without us telling them to sling their hooks. The loyalty and respect ends now though and unless Rochdale pay up then no deal should be entered into. Rochdale want Coley, the fans want Coley and they'd be pretty daft to argue the toss over the quids now.
Old 23-01-2012, 15:35   #2
pud

Re: ... a compensation package is currently being negotiated

I hope Accy get as much as they possibly can! I fear for you even though coleman isn't my favourite person I think he has done an amazing job at Accy.
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 15:42   #3
God Member

Will leave this as a seperate thread for today, will need to be merged with coleman thread later

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 15:43   #4

"I fear for you"
A bit patronizing I think

Do you know much about Stanleys Past.

ON STANLEY ON
Old 23-01-2012, 15:48   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Will leave this as a seperate thread for today, will need to be merged with coleman thread later
I'd have thought compensation was pretty much agreed before Accy gave Dale permission to speak to Coleman. It's probably the finer details of the compensation that is being negotiated i.e. lump sum/installments, potential clauses for survival/promotion.

Previous comments from Ilyas Khan (released through the media) suggest Accy won't scupper the deal on compensation out of respect for Coleman. It's admirable, and very rare in football these days.
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 16:00   #6
pud

I never meant it to be in anyway patronizing! I have a soft spot for stanley but losing your captain and your management team in the space of a few days is not good!
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 16:14   #7

Exclamation Re: ... a compensation package is currently being negotiated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
I'd have thought compensation was pretty much agreed before Accy gave Dale permission to speak to Coleman. It's probably the finer details of the compensation that is being negotiated i.e. lump sum/installments, potential clauses for survival/promotion.

Previous comments from Ilyas Khan (released through the media) suggest Accy won't scupper the deal on compensation out of respect for Coleman. It's admirable, and very rare in football these days.
I can't see Mr Khan saying that. Because he is the one who will have to bail the club out if the compensation is low and as a result we lose games and crowds fall even further. We should get FULL compensation, if John really wants to go and Rochdale want him they should "put up" or "shut up".
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 16:14   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
I never meant it to be in anyway patronizing! I have a soft spot for stanley but losing your captain and your management team in the space of a few days is not good!
You are probably right about it not being a good situation but as any fan of the Stanley will tell you it,s always a roller coaster ride with the mighty reds, we will get over this shock dust ourselves down and carry on the fight.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 16:18   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I can't see Mr Khan saying that. Because he is the one who will have to bail the club out if the compensation is low and as a result we lose games and crowds fall even further. We should get FULL compensation, if John really wants to go and Rochdale want him they should "put up" or "shut up".
Stanley chairman Ilyas Khan: We'll support Coleman whatever he decides | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Old 23-01-2012, 17:08   #10

Sorry, just read it carefully and don't get the same meaning as you. It's not what is said but what isn't said. Doesn't mention money once or a figure. Anyhow, you can afford it. Big club like Rochdale. Should make next years game against you very tasty!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 17:22   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Sorry, just read it carefully and don't get the same meaning as you. It's not what is said but what isn't said. Doesn't mention money once or a figure. Anyhow, you can afford it. Big club like Rochdale. Should make next years game against you very tasty!
Fair enough, I suppose it's open to interpretation. I'm still struggling to see what else the statement "we would do our best to ensure that in the unlikely event that John chooses to move on, we will bend over backwards to do what is right for John and Jimmy Bell" could mean, but it matters not.

We're not a big club, just a bigger club on this occasion. Like I said, I'm not here to gloat or antagonize, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Brierls; 23-01-2012 at 17:26.
Old 23-01-2012, 17:25   #12

I hope for all the effort the board will have put in to keep Coley and Bell (sarcasm) then they will not lie down in compensation, they must ask for a lot and refuse to lie down. They must also not be jumping into finding a replacement, afterall im in no doubts coleman has had to put up with alot in his time here despite his brilliance from the sidelines, therefore a new manager must be able to work with, at times, poor communication from behind the scenes, and be able to work with a shoestring budget

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..