Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2008, 11:41   #16
God Member

Re: A interesting idea for next season maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Set up a Supporters Trust with the aims of raising awareness, revenue streams and maybe grants that could be available for the Club by involving, The supporters, The Club, The Council, Business Groups (Chamber of Commerce)
and how would that differ from the existing ignored Supporters Club?
Old 13-04-2008, 13:25   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
By bringing together the aforementioned

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 13:57   #18
God Member

That can be done under the existing club though can't it? if people don't want to get involved (club or fans) with the OSC as it stands then how would giving it a different name change things?

Supporters Trusts are also a lot more involving than a standard OSC with things like paperwork and 'officialness'. It also involves the creation of a 'board' of which a certain percentage must change every 2 years (might be 1 - can't remember).

Top and bottom of it is that nothing would change. Fans would still not get involved, the club would still not tell us anything or involve us and the council would still do what they do with or without us. The Chamber of Commerce would still only be a representative body of the business sector that would still find their treatment either good or bad.

I do agree though that the way forward should involve separate groups talking together and planning together but the fact remains that the club will always do its thing without consulting the fans and certainly not through 'Official' channels.
Old 13-04-2008, 14:42   #19
God Member

No reason it can't be done through what is already in place, just become a working coalition between the Groups that pools ideas, know how, business accumin, possibly resources where available in terms of grants or interested parties and works for the greater good of Accrington Stanley.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 15:30   #20
God Member

just asking
Old 13-04-2008, 18:02   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
And a well-managed Club would never ignore it's Supporters Club Macca,
Other clubs seem to place great value in these essential 'legs' within their overall organisational set-ups!, not only from the on-going financial backing which they provide directly and indirectly, but also from the observations and ideas which can only flow from those who stand, sit and watch at 'ground-level' week in week out!, and are willing to do all this on a voluntary basis to boot!.,

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'....If your quote is accurate Macca, then yes I do!!.
( And would a Supporters Trust fare any better?)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:27   #22
Senior Member+

If we're looking for ideas - why not make an (adult) admission ticket a voucher redeemable at the Crown for a bogoff drink (or a quid off or something) within an hour of the final whistle ? Max one per person per game so no-one gets mugged for their ticket.

Might get more people into the ground and would certainly get more into the pub afterwards - and once you're in there celebrating a victory you're not just going to have the one, are you ?
Old 14-04-2008, 22:05   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

This might not be the answer but it might help why can't we have smoking areas around the ground at the back of the stands in the open,im sure people are put off because they carn't have a smoke how many do you know who smoke and don't attend match's any more,i smoke and would love one at half time.just athought
Old 14-04-2008, 23:11   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
This might not be the answer but it might help why can't we have smoking areas around the ground at the back of the stands in the open,im sure people are put off because they carn't have a smoke how many do you know who smoke and don't attend match's any more,i smoke and would love one at half time.just athought
Yeah but that's not stanley rules, thats football league rules, no smoking anywhere within the ground, open air or not!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 23:24   #25
God Member

Except Peterborough, but they're not Posh!
Old 15-04-2008, 00:12   #26

You can smoke at half time, behind the Clayton end at the Whinney Hill corner they open the gates, thats where you will find all us social leppers
Old 15-04-2008, 18:14   #27

why dont we dads when we take our kids to match take 1 of kids mates along aswell . how many times do we set of to match and leave lads friend in a man u top kicking ball around with a wishful look on his face . i know they would rather be at A match atleast
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 19:06   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[Quote]HR.. Yeah but that's not stanley rules, thats football league rules, no smoking anywhere within the ground, open air or not! not convinced HR,im sure its somethink to do with Hyndburn Co with them owning the ground but i might be wrong,think there was a post about this last year when the ban came in....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Old 15-04-2008, 19:48   #29
God Member

it was Lancs County Council that set the rules Mab.

In some places they have tried to enfore it on car parks as well that are in the immediate vicinity of the stadium
Old 15-04-2008, 20:02   #30
Senior Member+

[quote=mab;562887]
Quote:
HR.. Yeah but that's not stanley rules, thats football league rules, no smoking anywhere within the ground, open air or not! not convinced HR,im sure its somethink to do with Hyndburn Co with them owning the ground but i might be wrong,think there was a post about this last year when the ban came in....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Harwood Red is right, all football league and premiership grounds are No smoking venues. This is a football league rule that the club can do didlley squat about. LCC are insistant in enforcing this for our safety certificate.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..