Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2010, 12:59   #1
Resting In Peace

A Little Fairy Story

Once upon a time there was a little football club it was allegedly owned by Cheating Clitheroe, or was it owned by Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar), I don’t really know, but anyway they both ran the club with the help of Puppet on a String.
The football club wasn’t doing very well and was in danger of being wound up by the taxman so Cheating Clitheroe decided to desert a sinking ship and went. Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar) and Puppet on a String assured the supporters and the public that the football club would survive and that there wasn’t a problem. Anyway, the supporters, being a kindly bunch, raised money to give to the club to pay the taxman, other football clubs and football supporters also helped, in fact, everybody helped except Cheating Clitheroe, Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar), and Puppet on a String. The day of the execution came. Cheating Clitheroe sat in the office at the club waiting for the phone call to say that it was all over. But, unknown to him, the Knight in Shining Armour and his sidekick had ridden to the court, paid the bills and saved the club.
Time passed and Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar) and Puppet on a String were left to run the club. Time and time again they messed up, but Knight in Shining Armour and his sidekick trusted them and left them to do it. The season ended.
The next season started and the club had a new pitch which was known as Knight in Shining Armour’s pitch. The team were doing well and a cup tie against a big club brought in plenty of money. Guess what. Cheating Clitheroe came back onto the scene. I wonder why. Anyway, Knight in Shining Armour trusted him and even allowed him to travel with the players to away games.
Knight in Shining Armour then had a brainwave – “What if I build the club a new ground, gain control of the club and give it to the fans” he thought.
Does this all sound familiar? I thought it might.

Well, this being a fairy tale there are two endings.

Knight in Shining Armour gained control of the club, he built a new ground for the club, gave it all to the fans and everybody lived happy ever after

OR

Behind Knight in Shining Armour’s back, Cheating Clitheroe, Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar), and Puppet on a String were planning to stab Knight in Shining Armour in the back. “Let’s ruin the club and then save it” they decided. First of all the club got thrown out of a cup competition, then they upset the loyal fans by banning their flags, then they upset the players by paying them late, then they didn’t pay the taxman on time and got another embargo and winding-up order, finally Cheating Clitheroe demanded re-payment of his loans. The club, now not being able to afford this, were forced into administration and Knight in Shining Armour was blamed. Cheating Clitheroe, Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar) and Puppet on a String saved the club from the administrator, told the supporters that the club could not afford to play in the Football League and returned to Non-League football where Cheating Clitheroe felt safe and had re-gained control of his toy.

This happened because most of the fans at the time said “I’m not interested what happens in the Boardroom, let them get on with it. All I’m interested in is what happens on the pitch”

If they had been interested what happened in the Boardroom and had demanded that Cheating Clitheroe, Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar) and Puppet on a String be removed the second ending could not have happened.

This is only a fairy tale - or is it ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2010, 14:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: A Little Fairy Story

good stuff mate
Old 20-09-2010, 14:53   #3
God Member

Jeff!!!!! that's almost displaying a sense of humour!!!!!

very good though and totally relevant
Old 20-09-2010, 14:57   #4
God Member

I enjoyed that immensely ever considered being an author Jeff

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 15:03   #5
Senior Member+

A fair critique Jeff !!....but isn't there a third possible end -scenario to be
considered......thus...
So, the Knight in Shining Armour who, unbeknown to the other three, had, secreted up his chain-mail doublet (Which had never allowed the barbs of cruel jibes from
cohorts of this motley crew to pierce his demeanour of
controlled affability !), a pouch containing a potion of such immense power that no Man, however powerful they believed themselves to be, could withstand it's destructive force.
One day the Knight in Shining Armour and his Comrade-in-Arms, Peter the Brave, having their patience tried to it's limits by the constant prevarication and other devious machinations being practised against them by their protagonists, unsheathed their swords, called upon their army of supporters for help, and in one fell swoop
banished these three malcontents from the Fair Land of The Crown !......

It could really happen !....

(ps..Does this make us The Brothers Grim ??)

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 15:20   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

ERMMMm yes it definately reminded me of those books LOL

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 15:22   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
and in one fell swoop
banished these three malcontents from the Fair Land of The Crown !......

It could really happen !....

They maybe packed them up in cardboard boxes and posted them to the Land far away.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 16:56   #8

Whats your plan of action then jeff? Other then writing hard hitting fairy tails.
Old 20-09-2010, 17:41   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Whats your plan of action then jeff? Other then writing hard hitting fairy tails.
Would seem to get rid of liars and Puppets on a sting might be a start
Old 20-09-2010, 17:56   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
This happened because most of the fans at the time said “I’m not interested what happens in the Boardroom, let them get on with it. All I’m interested in is what happens on the pitch”

If they had been interested what happened in the Boardroom and had demanded that Cheating Clitheroe, Next Week Neill (aka Billy Liar) and Puppet on a String be removed the second ending could not have happened.
I think I'm guilty of being one of those who really just wanted to go back to watching the footy and keeping out of all the boardroom stuff but it's now begining to concern me that Whalley has returned, O'Neill hasn't resigned and Heys is still a puppet on a string. What we can do about it without harming the team I don't know.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 17:57   #11
Full Member+

Cut the strings and give the puppet a chance to be a 'real boy'!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 17:58   #12
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Cut the strings and give the puppet a chance to be a 'real boy'!
No, if the puppetmasters go the puppet has to follow.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 20-09-2010, 18:00   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Would seem to get rid of liars and Puppets on a sting might be a start
Like im going to win the lottery without buying a ticket. What actions are people going to take instead of just speaking about it.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:05   #14
Accy Red

Quote:
Like im going to win the lottery without buying a ticket. What actions are people going to take instead of just speaking about it.
I'd like another go at Russell if you're thinking more direct action

Old 20-09-2010, 18:07   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
How do you know people haven't? Answer= Ya don't! i know people that have, but ya won't see it printed on here, what if out have you done?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..