Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2008, 19:10   #1
Junior Member+

Accrington vs Rochdale

I have the best partner in the whole world.... We are lifelong Derby fans but I love Accrington. I asked him if we can go to a match and he didn't hesitate to say yes! SO we are coming up to the Accy vs Rochdale match. What are your predictions? And we're staying overnight on the Saturday before the game, so where can we visit? We are going to Preston in the morning to the Football Museum, but any other suggestions will be considered!

(sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum, I did look around for a more appropriate place!)
Bakewell Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2008, 21:21   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Accrington vs Rochdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakewell Tart View Post
I have the best partner in the whole world.... We are lifelong Derby fans but I love Accrington. I asked him if we can go to a match and he didn't hesitate to say yes! SO we are coming up to the Accy vs Rochdale match. What are your predictions? And we're staying overnight on the Saturday before the game, so where can we visit? We are going to Preston in the morning to the Football Museum, but any other suggestions will be considered!

(sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum, I did look around for a more appropriate place!)
try the Club that wouldn;t Die Exhibition at Accy lib/ have a trip out to Clitheroe/trough of bowland lots of places to visit while your up here B/T
Old 17-08-2008, 21:42   #3
God Member

The exhibition will have finished by then Mab!
Old 17-08-2008, 21:55   #4
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The exhibition will have finished by then Mab!
Ooops,sorry macca your right getting carried away
Old 17-08-2008, 22:05   #5
Super Moderator

...and she's going to the exhibition next Tuesday anyway! Worth having a look over at Peel Park - the site of the club's original home. Not much left now apart from the original dressing rooms, but it still has a certain ghostly atmosphere...
Old 17-08-2008, 22:29   #6
mab
God Member

Your right there Wynonie Harris!! it has a ghostly atmosphere just looking around the playing field your mind starts imagining what it was like
Old 18-08-2008, 08:36   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Your right there Wynonie Harris!! it has a ghostly atmosphere just looking around the playing field your mind starts imagining what it was like
Some of us can even remember when it was a full blown football ground and seeing league games played there - OK I was a young lad at the time but I still remember.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 09:20   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Some of us can even remember when it was a full blown football ground and seeing league games played there - OK I was a young lad at the time but I still remember.

its something thats still in my mind n always will be, loved it, even the "White Elephant" that took em to the graveyard, n the "Jazz Club" just behind it. the exhibition brought back to me some wonderful childhood memories.
Old 18-08-2008, 11:40   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and she's going to the exhibition next Tuesday anyway! Worth having a look over at Peel Park - the site of the club's original home. Not much left now apart from the original dressing rooms, but it still has a certain ghostly atmosphere...
Oh definately, after the exhibition take a mosley up & u can still some of the small parts of the footy staduim that was thats still left, it has a pleasantly haunting exp that feel like home

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..