Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2011, 09:25   #1
Senior Member+

Accy Observer

There is a report in the Observer about an interested party looking to buy Stanley now that all the troubles are sorted. IK asked if the party was from East Lancashire or had even visited the club, but aparently they were looking to cash in on the name in the far east - so the offer turned down.

Top man Ilyas!

http://menmedia.co.uk/accringtonobse...-to-look-ahead (link to the story)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2011, 11:28   #2
God Member

Re: Accy Observer

What is the old saying about words and actions??? Well done Ilyas!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 11:49   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
but aparently they were looking to cash in on the name in the far east
Is there any other club in the lower divisions whose name would carry enough kudos to have commercial potential on the other side of the world? Glad they've been turned down, but isn't it time the commercial staff really exploited this potential to achieve maximum revenue for the club?
Old 15-04-2011, 11:54   #4
God Member

I think that IK should be back on the phone to them saying that you can't have the club or any shares in it - but you can have 20% of anything you can generate over there.
Old 15-04-2011, 12:25   #5
God Member

To show that they're serious, prospective carpet-baggers should be asked to sponsor the team for twelve months. After that they can be told the club isn't for sale.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 12:47   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good on yer Ilyas, though don't expect nowt less,top geezer.
Old 15-04-2011, 17:55   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Is there any other club in the lower divisions whose name would carry enough kudos to have commercial potential on the other side of the world? Glad they've been turned down, but isn't it time the commercial staff really exploited this potential to achieve maximum revenue for the club?
Ya mean like charging 50 quid to get in the clubhouse on match days Wyn
Old 15-04-2011, 21:27   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya mean like charging 50 quid to get in the clubhouse on match days Wyn
No, that's called taking the proverbial out of faithful fans and will backfire in their faces in a big way next season. I'm talking about gaining maximum potential from our famous name in new markets. After all, the would-be buyer thought it was a goer. Maybe the club should, too?
Old 15-04-2011, 21:33   #9
God Member

Slight aside but there is also an article in about a charit football match taking place on May 4th. The match will be held at Accrington stanley's Interlink Express Stadium according to the Observer ??
Old 16-04-2011, 08:59   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Slight aside but there is also an article in about a charit football match taking place on May 4th. The match will be held at Accrington stanley's Interlink Express Stadium according to the Observer ??
Errrrrrrr forgive me asking but isn't it a long time since it was called that Dave, typical observer, local paper my ass
Old 16-04-2011, 09:01   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
No, that's called taking the proverbial out of faithful fans and will backfire in their faces in a big way next season. I'm talking about gaining maximum potential from our famous name in new markets. After all, the would-be buyer thought it was a goer. Maybe the club should, too?
My point was Wyn, that if that's the best they can come up with the games a boggy mate, me thinks these people ain't a clue if they think that's a good idea

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..