Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2012, 20:02   #16

Re: Aldershot Match Thread................

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Best football ive seen since Walt Galbraiths days.
Big statement that cashy. Only ever dreamed of watching that side. If you say so, then it is. Exciting times ahead.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2012, 20:29   #17
Senior Member+

[quote=cashman;1018517]Thing was Sherry at least 2 of those first half offsides were easily onside,the liner on the cowshed musta been on a bung or blind or stupid. TomD try n get on a bit more, Best football ive seen since Walt Galbraiths days.

However Cashy, there were still the anguished cries around me of 'Get it up t'field !'.... and one lone voice imploring, at intervals of 30 seconds...the team to go 'FORWARDS STANLEY...PLEASE GO FORWARDS !! '.
Now all this not-so-intelligent barracking was not only disconcerting, but also quite surprising by the fact that the perpetrators have not yet realized that what they are seeing is Paul Cook's excellent strategies being translated into action by his well-prepared squad of players.
The fact that the mixture of control through possession, linked to excellent passing and eventual scoring led to another well-deserved Stanley victory will I hope lead the
big-boot boys to a clearer understanding of the type of intelligent and entertaining Football we can expect to see for as long as Paul Cook and Leam Richardson are at the helm !!..... I JUST LOVE IT !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 20:33   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Big statement that cashy. Only ever dreamed of watching that side. If you say so, then it is. Exciting times ahead.
To be honest ive been saying that fer a while,even told Cooky the same at a meeting at the Crown, To be sure not as consistent yet, but thats no surprise wi all those young uns, but still learning their trade, n i think consistency will come wi experience n this management team, Its more than i ever dreamed or expected at this early stage, So well done all concerned, Wouldn't mind betting Yonmon agrees wi this?
Old 22-09-2012, 21:04   #19
Senior Member+

In total agreement yonmon,the most pleasing aspect is system is set and doesn't matter who he plays,they all know the job required of them.Teams will attempt to disrupt it (4-3-3 makes it hard),but if you have a good surface to play on one and two touch footy is a joy to watch.
They went defensive after half time and just left rankine up top,this allowed our fullbacks to join the party,and both were excellent today.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 21:46   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was also great to see em win fer Wynonie.
Old 22-09-2012, 21:52   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Was also great to see em win fer Wynonie.
Oh yes indeed, mate, thought it wasn't going to happen, but a fitting end to a great day!
Old 23-09-2012, 10:37   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
To be honest ive been saying that fer a while,even told Cooky the same at a meeting at the Crown, To be sure not as consistent yet, but thats no surprise wi all those young uns, but still learning their trade, n i think consistency will come wi experience n this management team, Its more than i ever dreamed or expected at this early stage, So well done all concerned, Wouldn't mind betting Yonmon agrees wi this?

For once I do Cashy !!..and the up-side is...I venture to suggest, Is that things can only get better !!...now isn't that something to look forward to ???
Old 23-09-2012, 15:09   #23
God Member

Thought Podge was really dissapointing yesterday.

I said he would score first touch when he came on for the corner, as it is he took ages
Old 23-09-2012, 19:30   #24

hello all, first time poster
i was at the game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. i was also at the games v Bradford and v PortVale but yesterdays was the best performance i have seen yet this season. Patient, controlled, great team work, disciplined. And the team got their just rewards at the end.
although i don't live so far away i haven't been a regular at stanley for a few years but i go to football locally - at ewood, gigglane, spotland, turfmoor as well as non-league grounds - and would generally get to the crown ground 3 or 4 times per year. I have coughed up the 63 quid for the gimme5 ticket so heres hoping for some more good games

heres a report i wrote for a website which i am contributing to. early days yet but hopefully it'll be a good record of the season.

Match: Accrington Stanley - Aldershot Town - FootballFans.eu
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 20:18   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to disagree slightly wi yer report mate, The fact the crowd were on the linesmans back is correct,but was justified, Without doubt 2 of his first half calls were wrong, n the player was onside, n thats from people who were in line with play. Still yeh should enjoy yer block ticket purchase i'm certain of that.
Old 23-09-2012, 20:39   #26
God Member

[quote=yonmon;1018556]
Quote:
Thing was Sherry at least 2 of those first half offsides were easily onside,the liner on the cowshed musta been on a bung or blind or stupid. TomD try n get on a bit more, Best football ive seen since Walt Galbraiths days.

However Cashy, there were still the anguished cries around me of 'Get it up t'field !'.... and one lone voice imploring, at intervals of 30 seconds...the team to go 'FORWARDS STANLEY...PLEASE GO FORWARDS !! '.
Now all this not-so-intelligent barracking was not only disconcerting, but also quite surprising by the fact that the perpetrators have not yet realized that what they are seeing is Paul Cook's excellent strategies being translated into action by his well-prepared squad of players.
The fact that the mixture of control through possession, linked to excellent passing and eventual scoring led to another well-deserved Stanley victory will I hope lead the
big-boot boys to a clearer understanding of the type of intelligent and entertaining Football we can expect to see for as long as Paul Cook and Leam Richardson are at the helm !!..... I JUST LOVE IT !!.
I have to agree alot of people seemed to get fustrated when we play our passing game, if you have the ball they can,t score simple. Also I have seen Schofield twice now look,s the part next to Joyce never gives the ball away Atkinson at the back looked good and also a mention for Molyneux who I think ouzes that bit of quality superb left foot.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 23:55   #27
Full Member+

I was really impressed with the lads on Saturday..kept the ball for long periods and moved it around nice and slick and along the deck. I'd have loved to see the possession stats and completed pass figures!!

For long periods of that game the Shots were chasing the ball and they must have been getting tired towards the end of the game....our movement of the ball was dragging them from one side of the pitch to the other!!

Have to agree with other posters about a couple of points...the liner on the Whinney Hill line got a couple of offside calls totally wrong. They all seem to make the same mistake and concentrate on making the offside call when the player has already made the run and found the space and receives the ball rather than actually making the call at the point/precise moment that the ball is actually played.

The new lad at the back was solid and never put a foot wrong all game. I'd hope that we can do some sort of deal to get him long term ( if possible )

As for Boco, I was a little non-plussed / about his return....I'm happy to say that I've been proven wrong...An excellent display again Saturday and from the couple of times I've watched him he has come on leaps and bounds since his initial spell !! Hope he can stay fit !!!

And Molyneux looks a class act at this level. I was very impressed with the intelligent runs and link up play and the delivery from his crosses and set plays was absolutely fantastic.

An exciting season beckons...just a pity that the public don't get down in greater numbers to see football that is a pleasure to watch.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 08:14   #28
Senior Member+

Thought the new centre back had a good solid game and just played the game simple.
You could tell he was experienced as in the first half he attacked every ball,but when Rankine came on,just give him the head and swept the second ball up --well impressed!!.
Didnt realise what a tough nut Boco is!!,he never backed off and competed for everything and also give us some pace which we have been lacking.
Strange,but i want tougher games to really test us as iam sure were ready to take it up another level.
There is competition all over the pitch now,unbelieveable really on our budget
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 09:36   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Have to disagree slightly wi yer report mate, The fact the crowd were on the linesmans back is correct,but was justified, Without doubt 2 of his first half calls were wrong, n the player was onside, n thats from people who were in line with play. Still yeh should enjoy yer block ticket purchase i'm certain of that.
All true Cashy... this was a valiant if inaccurate description of the game !!...
I was intrigued by the line.
.'In the second half Aldershot came into the game more, especially after they bought on a couple more 6 foot plus substitiutes '.
Maybe this was the reason that apart from one glanced header Ian Dunbavin's goal was under no threat whatsoever !!..
However, one must thank Jim for his contribution hoping that it won't be his last !.. and as you say hope that he continues to enjoy being a fan of the team which we know and love !!.
Old 24-09-2012, 11:06   #30
Full Member+

Couldn't agree more. I think must of the supporters would like to see Bohan given a run but there is no obvious player who deserves the chop.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..