Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2012, 06:53   #1
Senior Member+

Aldershot Match Thread................

Here we go
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2012, 08:17   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Aldershot Match Thread................

I always look forward to the match, This season,more n ever.
Old 22-09-2012, 12:36   #3
Senior Member+

could be a difficult game for Stanley with Michael Liddle and Toto Nsiala suspended & Winnard still not available

Last edited by accybeme; 22-09-2012 at 12:40.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 15:59   #4
God Member

******, suffering from insomnia so I thought I'ld get up and follow the game, ONLY TO
FORGET THE EXACT TIME DIFF... Well done STANLEY,................ BUGGA.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 16:25   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good win, dominated first 45 mins could have been 2/3 up, but took it right to the wire. fer me no-one had a bad game, just the last 30 yds let us down, some great passing football, onwards n upwards reds.
Old 22-09-2012, 16:39   #6

First time I've seen the reds this season, was impressed by our style of play, especially in the first half where aldershot seemed to just chase after our lads for the whole half. The new lad playing at centre half was extremely good, gave us a bit of height at the back and marked the number 9 completely out of the game. Great result.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 16:41   #7

Last 30 greatly affected by off-side trap - the lads beat
it in the end! :-D
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 16:47   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Last 30 greatly affected by off-side trap - the lads beat
it in the end! :-D
Thing was Sherry at least 2 of those first half offsides were easily onside,the liner on the cowshed musta been on a bung or blind or stupid. TomD try n get on a bit more, Best football ive seen since Walt Galbraiths days.

Last edited by cashman; 22-09-2012 at 16:49.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 16:49   #9
Senior Member+

Well the most one sided 1-0 ive ever seen. Really could and should have been 4 or 5.

Was impressed with some of our forward play, Boco again looked like the 1 to unlock the Shots who no doubt where set up for a point. Molyneux is starting to look the real part on the left hand side.

MOM for me was Atkinson at the back, he never put a foot wrong for almost the entire 90 minutes. Toto has got some serious work to do to get back into the team for me.

Sheppard was very disappointing and really should have scored at least 2. Great to see Podge make an impact by coming on and scoring

Roll on Wimbledon away.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 16:52   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well the most one sided 1-0 ive ever seen. Really could and should have been 4 or 5.

Was impressed with some of our forward play, Boco again looked like the 1 to unlock the Shots who no doubt where set up for a point. Molyneux is starting to look the real part on the left hand side.

MOM for me was Atkinson at the back, he never put a foot wrong for almost the entire 90 minutes. Toto has got some serious work to do to get back into the team for me.

Sheppard was very disappointing and really should have scored at least 2. Great to see Podge make an impact by coming on and scoring

Roll on Wimbledon away.
Atkinson agree,play him oer Toto anytime fer me, The difference wi his distribution also was much better.
Old 22-09-2012, 16:58   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Atkinson agree,play him oer Toto anytime fer me, The difference wi his distribution also was much better.
I think that could be arranged Cashy.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 17:06   #12
Senior Member+

Thought acci were superb today against a well organised team.Real team effort and the way we moved the ball was top drawer.
First mention must go too the people who have prepared the pitch,,which allowed us to play this way
When you play one up front you have to retain the ball and be patient and keep probing,whilst waiting for the opposition to switch off.
We were excellent at this,although there were one or two people wanted it just kicked forward ---- unbelievable really.
Really exciting times at the crown ground,and came away more than content.
No mom for me as they all could have got it
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 17:41   #13
Senior Member+

As I was working today, I thought the team are in for a 0-0. I was willing one player to stick it in the onion bag. Yet when I leave the comfort of the seat whilst watching Final Score, up pops Podge to sink the Shot (pun very much intended). If as others have said the Atkinson was a better option than Toto, then so be it. It might just put a thought into Toto's head that he shouldnot be getting booked so often. Would possibly like to see Bohan Dixon in midfield. From the little I have seen of him, he looks very useful and his height and speed could be interesting to watch. Onwards and upwards.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 18:14   #14
God Member

Decent game the Shots came with a game plan which was to defend and counter and first half it certainly did frustrate Stanley not helped by some terrible descion a by the liner on the Whinney Hill side, second half far more fluid half from the Reds but it looked like it may be just one of those days but persistence payed off and kept us in the chasing pack.

Nice & touching tribute before kick off to those who so tragically lost their lives at Hillsborough and the fight for justice.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 19:32   #15

bohan in centre midfield, go on then outback ossy who would you take out of that midfield?
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..