Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2011, 09:54   #76
God Member

Re: Aldershot Thread

I don't think it's harsh at all. Indeed it was a very good goal and full credit to him for that. So much of our play is focused on the centre-forward and we missed that yesterday. So many times he failed to make the runs needed to split the defence, failed to challenge effectively for the ball, failed to bring other players into play. Decent back-up player as a second striker, but not a centre-forward. He may well be more sharp with match practice, but excuses don't really matter for much in this game.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2011, 13:43   #77

Well done Rory for the goal but I too have to agree he certainly isnt the finished article and didnt create much other than his goal. He looks a little weak and didnt put in a good shift IMHO. A good point though. Need to get more wins to seriously contend for playoffs. Anything is possible.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 15:22   #78
Senior Member+

Cannot agree about rory,thought he give his all and had no protection from the officals,and when he give it back,if was penalized.terrys a good player ,but how many goals or sitters has he missed recently?, I am made up for rory,who's waited for his chance and took it .we should start a new thread on the ref and linesmen,who were the worst I have seen,if must be a cockney,as some decisions were unbelievable.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 18:45   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cannot agree about rory,thought he give his all and had no protection from the officals,and when he give it back,if was penalized.terrys a good player ,but how many goals or sitters has he missed recently?, I am made up for rory,who's waited for his chance and took it .we should start a new thread on the ref and linesmen,who were the worst I have seen,if must be a cockney,as some decisions were unbelievable.
Glad to hear it 19! I have always rated Rory and think he would come good given a run in the team. Some of his critics are those who said Michael Symes wasn't good enough when he started playing for us in the Paul Mullin era. Terry can't hit a barn door from outside the area at present, even though he is a great target man. I fear Rory will get dropped again like after the time he came on as a sub and scored a late point-winning goal.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 21:57   #80
Senior Member+

Its all about confidence when your a young footballer trying to make a career.
Rory seems to have most of the tools to be a decent player,good athelete,decent pace for a tall lad and a good first touch.
When faced with playing against young lads the opposions defenders try to bully them,but he will get better the more he plays.
Talking to someone i know from Bradford,hes knows were the back of the net is and from what i have seen there seems to be more in his tank.
Terry is ahead of him at the moment due to the fact he is playing regular which breeds that confidence required.
Finally a big pat on the back for the keeper again,punching and catching under pressure was again first class,wont be long before the scouts get wind of this and are making there way to the crown ground,as i said the more you play as a youngster the better you get !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 22:26   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

ShotsTalk • View forum - ShotsTalk Aldershot message board
Old 28-03-2011, 16:47   #82
Resting in Peace

Just seen the "penalty" incident on BBC league 2 vids. Stonewall penalty - Rory was clearly brought down when clean through.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 20:41   #83
Senior Member+

Went to Aldershot on the coach. Long trip!! Read whole Biography of Lauren Fignon, former Tour de France winner, on way down and finished it after 45 minutes of the return journey. Was then exposed to the toilet trips of the not too sober Ultras, from the back half of the coach, who filled the bus loo to overflowing!! Ugh!!
The match.....I thought that we shaded the match action especially in the first half - the Shots hardly had a sniff at our defence. Had Jimmy Ryan's shot against the post on 28 minutes gone in I think that we would have run out easy winners. Letting a goal in very early in the second half seemed against the run of play after the first half. This lifted the shots and the game was a little more even in the rest of the second half. However, we still made more chances at goal and had a Craney effort cleared off the line similar to the one against Crewe. The Ref and the Liner down their right wing did us no favours, we had Procky and Jacobson booked for fairly trivial stuff - liner flagging like an interfering busy body!!
Thought that the team worked very hard and that we could have subbed earlier to keep our running fresh as Procky and Ian craney looked a bit tired near the end. Would have liked to see Razor Putt'l on for twenty minutes to shake them up a bit. Overall a good point away from home. I think Aldershot had won four on the spin before playing us. I thought that Rory had a good game but we missed Terry's height advantage. Still, Win at home and draw away consistently is top of the league form. Now THREE home games in a row become very important!!???
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..