Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 15:47   #46
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Aldersot match thread

Into three added minutes

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2010, 15:48   #47
Dan
Senior Member+

Boulding is coming off injured... Chris Turner to replace him

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 07-08-2010, 15:50   #48
Dan
Senior Member+

Full time 0-0

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 07-08-2010, 15:51   #49
God Member

At least they are off the mark with a point
Old 07-08-2010, 15:55   #50
Senior Member+

Many thanks, Dan.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:27   #51
God Member

strange old game this afternoon

Stanley looked good in parts with some good passing movement, thought Jimmy Ryan had a very good game pulling the strings in midfield, Proccy looked more influential and combative in the centre, Putterhill looked a little dynamo when played in to feet.

Still think it got a little crowded in parts particulary down the right, The Stanley back four stepped out and played a higher line than usual which was effective and some immense challenges from The Tan Man.

Still think we need another Striker just to add a bit of depth to the attacking options

But overall pleased with a point to get us off the mark

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:44   #52

A bit disappointed today. Can't see where all the goals are coming from with the starting line up today definately need a striker. Its gonna be a long season. Best player by far on the pitch today Jimmy Ryan. Back to his old self and played with passion. Followed closely by Phil Edwards.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:46   #53
God Member

IMHO an honest days work for the lads. I strongly believe that when they gel in a couple of games, we have the makings of a good team. Yes we need more firepower up front, but for the first game of the season I thought we did pretty well.

Must thank Luke Joyce for saying helllo to young Emily as he warmed up....it made her day

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:51   #54
God Member

Very happy. Some of our attacking play from midfield was nothing short of sublime. I don't think we should be too upset about not getting three points (despite dominating the game) as the first game is always an odd one. We picked up a solid point against a decent side and ought to be happy with it.

Hessey got caught out for his lack of pace a couple of times but thankfully Edwards was on top form. Hopefully this goalie coach can sort out that horrendous kicking from Dunbavin. Rory Boulding carries himself well as a centre forward (and was almost Symes-esque at times) but I do think we need a bigger force up there, trouble is them big strikers who can hold the ball up, move it and take their chances are hard to come by for a club like ours!

Jimmy Ryan and Razor Putterill will be a handful for every single side in this league.

Of course we can't really judge anything from the first game, it will take at least a few weeks to see what sort of potential we have. But right now it all looks very promising.

Well done to you Ultras. Looked fantastic, sounded fantastic, knocked them Shots' socks off.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:51   #55

I think we can safely say that Boulding is pants. He stayed onside once today. I think Stanley St are after a new striker...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 16:53   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

promising start i thought, some good passing movement, like others say a striker badly needed, can only get better when they get used to each other, apart from 1 good save from dunbavin Aldershot never looked like getting owt.
Old 07-08-2010, 17:05   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Be intersting to see what Super Glen still has in his locker
Never noticed him at all! Totally anonymous.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 17:13   #58
Senior Member+

Did anybody hear any half-time scores today ? or was i not listening properly as the speakers were not working where i was sat .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 17:18   #59

We played Aldershot off the park. (56% possession) Our midfield dominated, Jimmy was awesome, proccy was influential and Barnett and Putteril were equally as good. The full backs were solid and good going forward.

Im optimistic, Aldershot are a good side they've flirted with play-offs for the last 2/3seasons. We just need someone to bang in the goals.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
Old 07-08-2010, 17:27   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
We just need someone to bang in the goals.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
Someone like a young Paul Mullin. Or even an old one? Started on the bench today.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..