Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Who do u want to play next season
Altrincham 18 75.00%
Eastbourne 5 20.83%
could give a toss 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 10:18   #1
God Member

Altrincham or Eastbourne???

Who do u think or want to get the last place into next years conference???

I would defenatly prefer Altrincham to get in as I cant be arsed going to eastbourne next year! that is a long journey!!!

So Come on Altrincham on 15th may
Old 09-05-2005, 17:26   #2

Re: Altrincham or Eastbourne???

I would prefer altrincham as it is local but on theother hand eastbourne in august orlate april would be nice and another new ground to visit
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 17:34   #3
I am Band

It has to be Altrincham. A local derby; only 50 minutes to travel for the away day; a bigger away crowd at The Crown, making for a better atmosphere on the game and more coin through the turnstiles.

If we were to play Eastbourne next season, the fixyure compilers would no doubt derive some perverse pleasure from pitting the two teams together in the bleak mid-winter.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 18:12   #4

I am aware that altricham would be a bigger game and i would to some degree prefer them and with i being a local game but if we did get eastbourne i would prefer the game to bein august when the weather is fine (and it would be a newe ground to visit)
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 19:59   #5
God Member

Eastbourne easy.. anyone who has been to watch accy at alty must surely agree... Plus they havent forgiven us for nicking there flags last time we went... I like long away trips.. a day out...We had our fill of local derbys when it was regionalised surely?
Old 09-05-2005, 20:03   #6
Senior Member+

Yep I'm agreeing with KIPAX I dont want Alty up, I like long away trips
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 20:18   #7
Senior Member+

means services stops
Old 09-05-2005, 21:25   #8
Senior Member+

Eastbourne is about 45 minutes away when I drive (a bit more when the missus does!)

They've got a fantastic Tesco there, right next door to a brand new Pizza Hut!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 21:39   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
They've got a fantastic Tesco there, right next door to a brand new Pizza Hut!
Somewhere to get drink from a nice place to eat from, and a crap team that we'll nick 3 points off...Come on Eastbourne!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:03   #10
Senior Member+

definately altrincham for me!!!

does Barry Shuttleworth still play for em??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52   #11
God Member

I'd like to see Alty come up - we've had some good matches against them in the past (when they thought they were SOOOO much better than us). And Smudgie, Barry Shuttleworth is now playing for Bamber Bridge.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:12   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Eastbourne easy.. anyone who has been to watch accy at alty must surely agree... Plus they havent forgiven us for nicking there flags last time we went... I like long away trips.. a day out...We had our fill of local derbys when it was regionalised surely?
agreed

Canvey Island was by far my favourite away day of last season
Old 11-05-2005, 18:17   #13

from one of the band of southern based Accy lads - it's gotta be Eastbourne to increase our chance of meeting you guys and cheering on our team - ours is a meagre ration and chewing your nails in front of the rolling teletext just ain't the same.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:00   #14
Resting In Peace

How many fans will Eastbourne bring when we play them at home ? Probably less than fifty. How many fans will Altrincham bring when we play them at home ? Maybee 200. We will be a damn sight better off financially playing local derbys all the time, with bigger crowds generating more income, this will increase the turnover which in turn will increase the amount which we are allowed to spend on wages, etc. If we play all our games against far away teams who bring no support we will soon be skint. Let's have the local teams all the time. Maybe we all enjoy going to the other end of the country but we have got to think about when we play these teams at home.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08   #15
God Member

Exeter about 270 miles away brought a hell of a lot more fans than leigh RMI a team 20 minutes away.. Kinda blows your theory out of the water JEFF

It's not the distance.. its how well the teams are doing.. If Halifax arn't doing well this season and Aldershot are then I bet Aldershot bring more fans... Yes its proportional and the flip side is that if Halifax AND Aldershot are doing well then Halifax will bring more.

But a trip to Eastbourne or a trip to Altrincham.... I know which looks the better day out

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..