Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 09:30   #31
pud

Re: andy mangan released from bury

as my fellow Bury supporter in elton white pointed out we have released andy parrish he is a good player who was unfortunate to have his contract run out at the wrong time we have 4 right backs at the club and he is the only one out of contract. why would you want players from Bury? you say that in a derogatory way yet we did finish above stanley and one of the form teams of the division. yet some on here are interested in boulding who's team was relegated! he has interest in him from most l2 and l1 clubs and some championship clubs so what makes you think he would choose stanley or Bury for that matter!
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2008, 10:04   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
...... so what makes you think he would choose stanley or Bury for that matter!
Because 'WE ARE THEY'.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:06   #33
God Member

you only just finished above us and that was after a really good run in that will distort your fans view of the season.

Out of your best XI players there will no doubt be players who are better in their position than what we have. The point made was that if they are not good enough for your first team then they shouldn't be good neough for ours. There are exceptions of course because many on here feel that some of our players weren't given a fair crack and it is of course open to interpretation as to whether one of your players suits our style of play better than yours and vice versa.

We have had Andy Mangan here before and he wasn't a first team player in the Conference so people assume that he couldn't be that in League 2. As far as Parrish is concerned we will probably never know - but if he can't get in your team because there are 3 in front of him then, on paper, he should struggle to do the same here.

ps. Can we have Bishop then or not?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09   #34
God Member

and as far as Boulding is concerned he is one of those players that does not need the income particularly as he is supposed to be minted from off the field activities. That sort of player will choose somewhere that he would be comfortable, can command a regular place, is appreciated, not too far to travel, can make accomodations for his various off-field activities and above all somewhere that he feels he could make a difference. Provided that the offers on the table aren't pi$$ takes like 50p a week then why wouldn't we be in with a shout?

Second thoughts the last line kind of answers itself
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21   #35
pud

we only just finished above you but we only had our manager since feb in which time playing the right way we were the third best team in the league according to form! andy parrish was a part of that team. i do have a soft spot for stanley as i live in accy therefore i want the best for them apart from when they play Bury! that is why i agreed with elton white about parrish as i do believe he is a good defender and legendary for his step overs!
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 17:20   #36

Cool Re: andy mangan released from bury

Andy Mangan was stood on the Coppice End in the middle of the Bury Fans at our final game this last season. He looks younger every time I see him!!
Old 15-05-2008, 17:25   #37

andy was crap should fade into non league .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 17:27   #38
God Member

Observer today.

"the reds chief says he doesn't expect striker Andy Mangan to return to the club and that he knows nothing about the link with Grazioli."

he goes on to say taht if some players hadn't been under contract still then they would have gone also in the big clear out.
Old 15-05-2008, 17:31   #39

colemans not under contract so why doesnt he clear off out ! nah lets hope mistakes are learnt from and not bring our old boys back . would like to see kemps back though
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 18:52   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Observer today.

"the reds chief says he doesn't expect striker Andy Mangan to return to the club and that he knows nothing about the link with Grazioli."

he goes on to say taht if some players hadn't been under contract still then they would have gone also in the big clear out.
who would of that be than, leam, cav, rocky, mullin, bavs....

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 22:20   #41
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Why we would we want burys old players like Parrish! If hes no good for bury , why would he be good at stanley ! We need a forward player from a high league i reckon, one with experience and goals under his belt! However that is the task JC has to do , but i know he will do it well!
Dropping Andy was no reflection on the lads talent, he was a victim of the new system. He's a very good player, and to tag him as a reject is very harsh. Whoever signs Parrish in the summer will not regret it. He's a solid defender who's great at the old overlap and sticks in a decent cross.
Elton White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 14:25   #42
Super Moderator

He's off to Forest Green...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/7410625.stm

...a bit of a step down for him.
Old 20-05-2008, 16:41   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
He's off to Forest Green...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/7410625.stm

...a bit of a step down for him.
Probably about Mangy's level to be honest, good luck to the lad - must admit I thought he might have been off over the water to Sligo to meet up with his old mate Danny Ventre.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 17:59   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
colemans not under contract so why doesnt he clear off out !
You sure about that???...not what I've heard ..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..