Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 18:27   #1

Are we being fair to Management

I saw Stanley 18 times last season and I saw Burnley 19 times. I travel 100 miles round trip to each game.
My question is "Are we really being fair to Management. I have seen very few posts congratulating the Manager and the Chairman on their efforts and performance over the last 12 months.
I know we only finished halfway up the league, but we were in contention for a play off place until the last two games.
It is not very long ago that we were in the HFS Loans League and the Unibond League playing against such teams as Fleetwood, Warrington,Alfreton.Stocksbridge,Bamber Bridge,Harrogate Railway,and Grena Green. In my opinion such is the strengh of the present Conference that most teams would command at least a mid table place in League 2 of the Football League.
I enjoyed watching most of the games last season apart from thehome match with Leigh in the FA Cup. They appeared to want
the ball more than we did and deserved to win the game .It took me till the following
Thursday to get over that result.
The team does need strenghening I believe, but the manager has an opportunity to remedy this with 5 or 6 players being out of contract. I would like to see 2 additions to the back four one on the left and one on the right,1 more central defender,2 additional creative midfielders and another tall strong forward to support Mullin up front.
It is a big jump from the Unibond to the Conference and both the Management Team should be congratulated for the progress made on the field recently and Eric should be congratulated for the support given off the field.
Long may it continue.
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2005, 18:42   #2
God Member

Talking Re: Are we being fair to Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac
another tall strong forward to support Mullin up front.
dont agree with that surely Evil has that role!!!! and i think we would prefer a tricky quick striker as opposed to another tall stong forward

But i also think the club as a whole has done very well to get where they are today and that is due to everyone connected to the club manager, chairman, volenteers, players, the list continues they all deserve the greatest accolade which is provided week in week out by the fans who turn up and spend there hard earned cash to surport OUR great club and show there great passion to the club by turning up when things are good but more so when things are bad and i am sure the management team, chairman etc already now this.

But just to enforce this piont WELL DONE to all connected with the club especailly the JC and JB, the behind the scene people and especailly Eric as without his passion where would we be today?

And heres to them taking us to the football league next season!!!

Last edited by John_Timmins; 08-05-2005 at 18:44.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 19:24   #3

Re: Are we being fair to Management

apparently i was not allowed to say this honest opinion

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 09-05-2005 at 11:23.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 21:19   #4

Talking Re: Are we being fair to Management

Jimmymac, youve obviously missed MY posts throughout the season including the one saying to get to the point where we could still make the playoffs with 2 games of the season left was a massive progression on the previous season - trust me Mr Blackburn Rovers Cottier, Stanley will be too strong for the Conference next season more like!!! JC, JB and EW - one hell of a team...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 22:11   #5
God Member

Adam your optimism astounds me??????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:46   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
league is too strong for stanley next year - gut reaction at the moment for me
This kind of comment simply astounds me. You would never hear Derek Quinn making public statements like this about Morecambe! You need to grow up and start acting like a serious journalist, if that's your goal in life, instead of the attention seeking wannabe fanboy you clearly are.

Pathetic!

However, this raises a serious point. Why are Stanley constantly fobbed off with journalists who couldn't care less about the club? In my opinion I don't think we've had a 100% pro-Stanley journalist covering the club since the days of Chris Llloyd on the Observer. Surely we deserve better than what we've got? Discuss.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 09-05-2005 at 06:53.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:36   #7
rob

to be fair to the local media they are on the whole very good to us, or at least the sports departments are.

many clubs we talk at our level have real problems with the press and get very poor coverage. all our correspondants travel to nearly every game, home and away, and we still get good exposure even though we have a premiership side and a championship side 6 miles either side of us. also the newspapers and radio of the area will always make a good effort to publicise anything we want to get out such as season ticket offers, soccer schools etc.

adam - behave...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:27   #8
Super Moderator

Got to agree with Jimmymac's original comment - Eric, Coley & Jimmy don't get the credit they deserve for the Lazarus-like transformation of this club's fortunes over the past few seasons. What's more it's been done against a backdrop of widespread local indifference. To be in contention for a play-off spot up to the last two weeks of season, whilst at the same time being the second-worst supported professional football club in England is nothing short of miraculous.

Hopefully, next season with a stronger defence we can achieve promotion and pull in the crowds.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:14   #9

i care. anyone who knows me, knows that. for gods sake another over the top reaction. Its sad. Its just my opinion, not related to my job.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16   #10

i hardly get paid for what I do and im at EVERY GAME HOMAE AND AWAY SO SOD OFF TIN FRIGGIN MONKEY. I CARE A LOT
Old 09-05-2005, 11:20   #11
God Member

Well maybe you should be more careful how you word your postings adam. Talking to you at games I can tell that you want stanley to do well but sometimes on here it does come across as you don't give a stuff!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey

However, this raises a serious point. Why are Stanley constantly fobbed off with journalists who couldn't care less about the club? In my opinion I don't think we've had a 100% pro-Stanley journalist covering the club since the days of Chris Llloyd on the Observer. Surely we deserve better than what we've got? Discuss.
this is rubbish. any conference club would envy the press coverage that Stanley get.

This is as absolute insult. I'm appalled.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:22   #13

why do I have to be insulted like this? It's not fair
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33   #14

Now that you have changed your original post Adam it does seem unfair.
However most of the people who read this forum KNOW your still an "ARSE"!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:55   #15
God Member

why did you change your posting adam, anyone reading this thread now will not understand it!!??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..