Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2006, 14:44   #1

Ashley Foyle

What!!

What's happening to my little boy??
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2006, 15:15   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Ashley Foyle

Didn't really get a chance but good luck Ashley...
Old 20-10-2006, 16:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright
What!!

What's happening to my little boy??
Don't panic - he'll be back.

It's effectively a loan, but because he's on a six month deal, it has to be done as a release & re-sign, apparently. He'll still be training at Stanley.

It was his idea - he saw there was a three week gap in the reserve fixtures a while back, and feels that his form has dipped through lack of competitive action, so he was keen to set something up which would mean him spending his Saturdays in the rough & tumble of first team football, rather than sitting in the stands watching.

The season so far has been difficult for the squad defenders - team doing well, so no wholesale changes; rock hard players who don't ever seem to get injured, & a positive manger who only puts one defender on the bench. it obviously means great games, & we've been to most of them, but Ash (& presumably Danny Ventre for the same reasons) feels he needs to sharpen up his act ready for when there is an opportunity.
Ashley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 16:51   #4
God Member

well I take my hat off to Ashley and I sincerely hope that he does succeed. He seems to have his head screwed on and could well have sat back collecting his wages etc. Anybody who would rather be out doing a bit of graft deserves to do well.

cant give karma to ash so I'll give his dad some instead!
Old 20-10-2006, 17:05   #5
God Member

Like his attitude Ashleys Dad.Had decide earlier that I would become his 'Shirt Sponsor' next season unless you beat me to it.Good luck to him.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 18:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John
Like his attitude Ashleys Dad.Had decide earlier that I would become his 'Shirt Sponsor' next season unless you beat me to it.Good luck to him.
Thanks Kiwi John. His broither is supposed to be sorting out sponsorship with the firm he works for, but nothing's happened yet, so as far as I know it's still up for grabs.

I will not be sponsoring his shirt, as I am currently sponsoring his car insurance, gym membership and trips to matches on an ongoing basis!!!!

Good luck to the lads on Saturday.
Old 20-10-2006, 19:42   #7

Good luck to ash and family, as rikki's father i understand how it is in football,there is definitely an easier way to earn money.These lads want to play football and ashley and rikki do not earn enough money to live!!
Lilke ashleys dad (sorry i do not know your name) we too sponsor everything except money spent on women! that's where we draw the line,good luck ash!!
rikki bains father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 21:45   #8

Pleased to here he's still in the frame

I have to say I'm impressed with Rikki as well. Good contest between them for places, I think.

Last edited by Arkwright; 20-10-2006 at 21:49.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 21:54   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikki bains father
Good luck to ash and family, as rikki's father i understand how it is in football,there is definitely an easier way to earn money.These lads want to play football and ashley and rikki do not earn enough money to live!!
Lilke ashleys dad (sorry i do not know your name) we too sponsor everything except money spent on women! that's where we draw the line,good luck ash!!
Thanks - I have to say that Rikki looked really good at the Man City match, & one of the reasons Ash wants to stay on top of his game is he knows Rikki is a strong challenger for a place.

Yes, it's tough for the lads, but I know they wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..