Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2011, 20:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: At last an on-time Cheltenham match thread.

hardly surprising when i was over read an article in national press about all blacks going out on the lash and something our rugby lads would never do. thought it was a fantastic headline "all blacks on the ****"........fantastic
by the way kurtis is on but looking a bit desperate
Old 21-10-2011, 20:33   #17
God Member

It was but one player-Cory Jane.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 20:35   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
It was but one player-Cory Jane.
(That was 2 weeks ago.)
Old 21-10-2011, 20:36   #19
Senior Member+

their best run in 6 years we didn't deserve that
Old 21-10-2011, 20:36   #20
God Member

FT. This ain't good. Cherrio.
Old 21-10-2011, 21:33   #21
Senior Member+

Just got home and have to say, the winning goal looked a mile offside when he received the ball, but hey ho. From what I saw tonight (and I am not sure how the BBC has the stats 55% to Stanley) it looked one sided and I personally thought Cheltenham were the home team. The players huffed and puffed but were never going to blow the house down. Bav's went on his customary walk abouts worrying not only the defence but the home crowd as well!! I don't know what the answer is, but things have got to change soon. My thoughts were that neither team could hit a barn door apart from the one effort by the goal scorer who lobbed it from 30 yards with Bav's out of his area.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 21:38   #22
Resting in Peace

Coley must have the worst job in football, having to lift this lot for the next two away games. For all our huff and puff tonight, and we did compete well, we have absolutely zero confidence when in sight of goal. We don't have a single player throughout the team who is currently capable of advancing with the ball from outside the penalty area, beating a defender, and making an opportunity for a shot on goal, or playing a colleague in on goal. Charlie did at least try to make things happen, and a beautiful through ball to our no.30 early on should have produced a goal, but the truth is we never worked their goalie at all throughout the match, and we got what we deserved. Dunbavin was horribly exposed for their goal, but the majority opinion around me was that he should not have 100% committed himself so early, as there was still a chance that a defender would get back to put off their scorer, or failing that he might have made the best of a standard 1 on 1 challenge. One of the worst aspects of our play, which has also been apparent for all of our recent home games, was the constant over-hitting of the ball from corners and free-kicks. We only made the short corner routine work once, whereupon Joyce perfectly demonstrated the art of the air shot and fell over in a heap, from a position where Jimmy used to rifle the ball into the bottom corner.
Plenty of effort tonight, but no real quality
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 22:10   #23
Senior Member+

[quote=Outback Ozzy;941462]Just got home and have to say, the winning goal looked a mile offside when he received the ball, but hey ho. From what I saw tonight (and I am not sure how the BBC has the stats 55% to Stanley) it looked one sided and I personally thought Cheltenham were the home team. The players huffed and puffed but were never going to blow the house down. Bav's went on his customary walk abouts worrying not only the defence but the home crowd as well!! I don't know what the answer is, but things have got to change soon. My thoughts were that neither team could hit a barn door apart from the one effort by the goal scorer who lobbed it from 30 yards with Bav's out of his area.[/quot Bav's customary back pack how many times have we seen this don'tknow what murdock did wrong but i guarantee he wouldn't have gone walk abouts which is what Bavs has always done....fed up
Old 21-10-2011, 22:21   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to say Cheltenham did not create their goal, though the guy did his job well, it was a "GIFT" from once again "Dunsaving" whilst stanley had very little threat, did not in my opinion deserve to lose tonight,
Old 21-10-2011, 22:35   #25

Same old story for me tonight. We were the better side created the better chances and came away again with nothing. Think our home performances have been good but we just cant seem to be beating teams. Why has Murdock been dropped? The guy hasnt done nothing wrong and has generally looked solid. Maybe something behind the scenes going on. Hey ho though our away form has been good this season so im optimistic with the next 2 games.
stanley2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 23:24   #26
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thought we played well tonight,some slick moves and back to our passing game,like others have said we seem to be shot shy and this is the problem!!!There goal scorer must have been a good 2yds off side but that seems to be the way things are going for stanley at the momenti wonder what jimmy ryan thought after the game as he was in the ground to night..
Old 22-10-2011, 00:50   #27
God Member

Murdoch's not the only one to have done no wrong but be dropped, I felt sure Craig Lindfield must be carrying a knock to have been dropped not just to the bench but out altogether, apparently though Craig has never been fitter but despite having done a sterling job in recent games he has had to give way to other players - am I the only one to think why leave our own boys on the sidelines when the loanees in their place are no better????
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 00:51   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Coley must have the worst job in football, having to lift this lot for the next two away games.
Nope that me trying to fill a coach to shrews on Tuesday....
Old 22-10-2011, 09:05   #29
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth as always..............

Thought 0-0 would have probably been a fair result, both teams offered nothing going forward, but they had the rub of the green, which is what happens when you go on a run.

1st question.......... Bavs?? Was anybody surprised at his kamikaze moment? I certainly wasnt, as good a shot stopper as he is, he has ALWAYS been prone to moments of madness. Why Murdoch has been dropped I have no idea. Without the mistake it would have been 0-0, simple.

2nd question..... Barnett. Charlie is 1 of my favourite players, but why on earth is he out on the right wing?? He is a central midfielder and always has been. Only in the last 10 mins when he came into the middle did he have any influence on the game.

3rd......... Coid. If he is fit then why on earth is he not starting??? Even if he only plays an hour he can have an impact on the game, his ability is far greater than the majority of our squad in my opinion.

Finally 4th..... Strikers in general. As have others have said we are lacking that clinical striker up top. Fair play to Amond he worked his socks of all night but he just isnt getting the rub of the green.

Im starting to look over my shoulder ill admit, but if we start to lose to the likes of Plymouth, Hereford and Barnet, THEN ill panic.

In Coley we trust.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 09:08   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Nope that me trying to fill a coach to shrews on Tuesday....
Yep, that's a toughie at the moment. Press gang 'em is what I say. I can't go, though.
I keep forgetting to mention on here how well the Clayton End mob have supported the lads during the home games against Swindon and Cheltenham, in spite of the fare on offer.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..