Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2010, 12:21   #16
God Member

Re: Bad Days In Football!!

Does anyone know why Portsmouth's point deduction is 9 - thought it was automatically 10?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2010, 12:25   #17
God Member

Smile Re: Bad Days In Football!!

No it is 9 in the PL, do not know why, that is the rule!!! Maybe it is that they are too big to lose 10 points

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 12:30   #18

was wondering the same but maybe it is because there are fewer clubs than the other divisions???
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 12:36   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
No it is 9 in the PL, do not know why, that is the rule!!! Maybe it is that they are too big to lose 10 points
Technically it's more severe than football league 10 point deduction. Premier league teams have 8 less games to pull it back.

Portsmouth live on, wonder how many businesses getting 1p in the pound for supplying them will survive
Old 26-02-2010, 12:41   #20
God Member

Exclamation Re: Bad Days In Football!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Technically it's more severe than football league 10 point deduction. Premier league teams have 8 less games to pull it back.

Portsmouth live on, wonder how many businesses getting 1p in the pound for supplying them will survive
That is the worst thing in all of this LD, I heard it somewhere that as part of admin, the players get paid in full, yet as you say the suppliers get next to sod all!! Not fair at all

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 14:28   #21

Southend players not been paid wages for february, are they going to be the next club in administration.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 14:31   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its long overdue fer the powers that be,to get off the pot n bring rules out etc etc, to prevent these things. but somehow i doubt that.
Old 26-02-2010, 14:38   #23

Its not a bad little stadium, I wish it were ours.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 14:45   #24
God Member

Even HMRC are behind the players at pompey,

TBH teh next 18 months could see a number of clubs going teh same way chester have today. HMRC lost preferential status and that is teh reason they are now pushing so many clubs for money owed. they are efectively getting in first. problem is their demands can often be the straw that breaks teh back.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 14:48   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Lord knows their programme suppliers will find it difficult to go on; they supply Crystal Palace too.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 15:15   #26
God Member

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 16:14   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cheers pendle red, the last guy in that summed my feelings up to a tee.
Old 26-02-2010, 16:23   #28
God Member

A couple more newspaper pieces:

Vast wages at the heart of Premier League's £3.5bn mountain of debt| David Conn | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Portsmouth are the biggest casualty of football's regulation failure | Football | The Guardian

It's sad for the fans of all these Clubs that are struggling, the Premier League, football league, FA, UEFA & FIFA to a degree all need to take a long hard look at what is happening in the game particulary the English game and come up with a way to try to even up the table with the wonky leg cause the way I see it the food on the table is only going one way with a few crumbs left for the others.

Football is at a crossroads and needs strong leadership from those within and better regulation.

Players, Managers, Directors & Chairman come & go but what always remains is the fans

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 26-02-2010 at 16:29.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 16:57   #29
Senior Member+

and looking at the new embargo things are still very tight with us !!
Old 26-02-2010, 19:42   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
A couple more newspaper pieces:

Vast wages at the heart of Premier League's £3.5bn mountain of debt| David Conn | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Portsmouth are the biggest casualty of football's regulation failure | Football | The Guardian

It's sad for the fans of all these Clubs that are struggling, the Premier League, football league, FA, UEFA & FIFA to a degree all need to take a long hard look at what is happening in the game particulary the English game and come up with a way to try to even up the table with the wonky leg cause the way I see it the food on the table is only going one way with a few crumbs left for the others.

Football is at a crossroads and needs strong leadership from those within and better regulation.

Players, Managers, Directors & Chairman come & go but what always remains is the fans

You can also bet that while those fans are spending what they earn grafting all sorts of hours per week and travelling up tomorrow to save the costs, the players will be in the Dunkenhalgh lording it up on money the club hasn't got. Maybe they should have put them up at the travelodge on the M65 services

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..