Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 20:46   #1
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Bad Karma

A few weeks there was a feeling of optimism on the forum. A roof was to be built, signings where being made, The Crown was reopening and we where to get somewhere to have a pint on the Clayton End. What's happened, I detect something is not right, in the last few days there have been rumblings from the OSC after last nights meet (read maccas posting on the OSC site), the roof building seems to be at a halt, I'm detecting unrest in postings from certain members of this forum who my guess is know more. Once again there are rumours of Eric upsetting local councillors, add all this to the usual pre-season unrest (where's the season tickets, shirts cost too much etc.) I for one am not a happy bunny.
Kipax said in another thread to contact the club if you have a question, ha, don't bother by e-mail as you get no response, I doubt am not the only one who's had this problem.
Rob Heys used to come on here and answer a few questions and Lew Carroll when he was taken on by the club also replyed to questions, where the f**k are they now, Lee (I know you're here) if you have info please do what you can to let us all know or at least give your bosses a nudge.

If you disagree with me fair enough it's just my opinion.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2007, 21:10   #2
God Member

Re: Bad Karma

It's the silly season.. same every year... lets get a real game of football under our belts and we will all feel much better ... Simplistic but true..

Roll on Wycombe...
Old 08-08-2007, 23:21   #3
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
It's the silly season.. same every year... lets get a real game of football under our belts and we will all feel much better ... Simplistic but true..
Maybe your right but I get the feeling there is something going on that we should know about or is it none of our business anymore, please feel free to post what you know or suspect folks.

Macca can I post your observations from last night on accyweb?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-08-2007, 15:28   #4
God Member

anybody who wants to read the post will have done so by following the link in my signature and clicking on forum in the left hand column
Old 09-08-2007, 16:19   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
A roof was to be built
Don't fret. Those Polish builders will soon be finished.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 17:58   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Kipax said in another thread to contact the club if you have a question, ha, don't bother by e-mail as you get no response
Must say, Bagpuss, that's not been my experience. In fact, everytime I've emailed Rob or Lew with queries, I've received helpful, friendly and prompt responses. Only this morning I asked Lew a couple of questions and I got answers within the hour. Maybe it's the way you ask 'em!
Old 09-08-2007, 18:16   #7
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Must say, Bagpuss, that's not been my experience. In fact, everytime I've emailed Rob or Lew with queries, I've received helpful, friendly and prompt responses. Only this morning I asked Lew a couple of questions and I got answers within the hour. Maybe it's the way you ask 'em!
I can't find the thread I was after but I recall people where having problems with orders and sponsored shirts and had trouble getting replies. Personally I've always had replies from Lee, never contacted Lew but a question I sent Rob never received an answer.
Are you a happy bunny with what's going on or appears to be going on?

Old 09-08-2007, 21:17   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Are you a happy bunny with what's going on or appears to be going on?
Very happy. Reckon Coley's made some astute signings and I think we'll give a good account of ourselves this season. As for off-the-field affairs, the roof is on its way (despite the temporary hiatus) and the takeover of the Crown is a welcome development. Very impressed with Lew Carroll who I believe will be an invaluable asset to the club. My only criticism is that I think the club could take a more positive approach to the sterling efforts of the OSC and I hope that the recent "misunderstanding", as reported by Macca, can be ironed out.

Oh yes, and I'm also hoping that the diversity committee fulfills its objectives this season so that you, Bagpuss, can proudly take your place amongst a rainbow alliance of cultures and nationalities on the Clayton End!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27   #9

Hi, no ramble here, just an explination as to why we seem to have dissaperared.
With everything thats happening here, we are absolutely non stop. I'm sure everyone who works for a living has times like this, for me personally its all new and hectic, but making improvements is great fun.
I haven't posted because none of the threads concerned me and my job, where it does I'll look to explain or help. No worries at all.

The roof is coming I promise no hold ups and will be finished soon, Loads of new sponsors being introduced to the club which is good, and new hospitality too. So for me and all the staff here, we are as excited as anyone for the new season.

I will endeavour to answer any email that lands on my desk. As long as it's commercial and makes money
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:49   #10

Red face Re: Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewCarroll View Post
I promise no hold ups
Dammit!

Oh sorry you didnt mean those kind of holdups did you

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 21:48   #11
God Member

i feel more optimistic than last season. we have a stronger squad and even got a midfield this season were gonna have a roof.what else do we want? weve got new classy tops and even a scotsman in the teamand the season starts tomorrow:B anane11:

coleys red and white army
Old 11-08-2007, 13:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewCarroll View Post
Hi, no ramble here, just an explination as to why we seem to have dissaperared.
With everything thats happening here, we are absolutely non stop. I'm sure everyone who works for a living has times like this, for me personally its all new and hectic, but making improvements is great fun.
I haven't posted because none of the threads concerned me and my job, where it does I'll look to explain or help. No worries at all.

The roof is coming I promise no hold ups and will be finished soon, Loads of new sponsors being introduced to the club which is good, and new hospitality too. So for me and all the staff here, we are as excited as anyone for the new season.

I will endeavour to answer any email that lands on my desk. As long as it's commercial and makes money

Has i have said in other post.. The club is still massivly understaffed !! Lets give the staff we have our FULL support.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36   #13
God Member

im feeling even more optimistic than yesterday morning:Ba nane29:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..