Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2010, 20:35   #46
God Member

Re: Barnet match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchday Press View Post
Macca - I'd love to know where the commentary is coming from cos there's nobody doing it here!
not sure but the guy on TFF said it sounded like he (the commonpotato) was on an Accy terrace as you could hear northern conversations! I wondered whether you were doing it for them tbh.
Old 27-04-2010, 20:36   #47
God Member

Quote:
4 mins added time
Live on 2br

Cool!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 20:37   #48
God Member

Phew great result well done lads, and thanks Dan

Up to 13th now

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk

Last edited by ukcowboy; 27-04-2010 at 20:40.
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:08   #49

Well I hate to say it but I believe I may be a jinx... I am now back in Manchester having been back home in Accy since late March and we finally win one.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:08   #50
God Member

Waheyyyy the monkey's off our backs

Not a classic but a result that's really all that mattered, summat to build on for the last two games of the season

Ultras in good voice along with our sea shanty friends from the East Coast, Hi-Viz vests classic touch

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:12   #51

Two poor sides,their number 7 was good , the Ultras were brill, bavs kept a clean sheet so the three points were welcome
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:14   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Two poor sides,their number 7 was good , the Ultras were brill, bavs kept a clean sheet so the three points were welcome
Number seven was Nicky Deverdics reminiscent of the Grimsby lad Akpro great with the ball at feet almost looked like it was velcroed to his boots

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:25   #53
God Member

The Hi-Viz conga was brilliant, well done to all the participants, they nearly missed the goal.
The Grimsby fans were very happy, good luck to them on Saturday.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:25   #54
Resting in Peace

Don't let anyone say the Stanley players are just going through the motions, because that was a gutsy, committed performance. Great night on the Clayton End - felt like we had won promotion. Billy Kee - please come back next season. Any chance, I wonder?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:29   #55

top man for me was billy the red we need him on from the start ... can we keep him for good ....
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:31   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Number seven was Nicky Deverdics reminiscent of the Grimsby lad Akpro great with the ball at feet almost looked like it was velcroed to his boots
Was it not Adomah? Deano couldn't get near him!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:38   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
top man for me was billy the red we need him on from the start ... can we keep him for good ....
Grimps mate how the hell can Kee be on the bench n McConville start? Kee on a bad day is better n yon mon on a good un. NEPOTISM i call it. not the greatest performance this season, stanley were the much better side though, Barnet looked to me,like they'd come fer a day out absolute crap, Hope Grimsby make it, at least when they came here they played fer their lives. need to up it somewhat fer Chesterfield on sat, they are more than capable.lets hope they go out n show it.
Old 27-04-2010, 21:38   #58
God Member

Quote:
Macca - I'd love to know where the commentary is coming from cos there's nobody doing it here!
I think it was the bloke on the end of the row in front of you. I heard most of it, he got pretty excited at times, he must have been watching a different match
Old 27-04-2010, 21:39   #59
Senior Member+

Just got back to sunny wigan, game could be described as dour, but and it is a BIG but, we got the 3 points we deserved on the balance of play, could and should have been 3 or 4 but lets just be glad we won. Some of the rugby tackles that Barnet were getting away with (didn't know the Crown had changed its name from Twickenham) was plain stupid, how the liner and the ref missed them I do not know. Roll on saturday and hope we can do Morecambe a favour (did I really say that). Crowd was low tonight - just over 1200. GL to GTFC on saturday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 21:52   #60
Senior Member+

there number 7 was adomah,hes rated one of the best wingers in the division,dont think acci could afford him,he will be playing at an higher level next year i am sure,deanos quick but hes like usain bolt !!! although hes not been on a winning side against acci this year
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..