Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: barrow 2 1 stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
the last time we lost all of our pre-season games didnt we win the conferance, or am i getting confused
I think you're missing the point. Losing pre-season games I couldn't care less about, but it's the complete lack of quality and depth that concerns me.

Looking at the team and particularly the bench, it made for quite a depressing sight yesterday. There was nothing on the bench that made me think that we could change anything on the pitch.
Apart from Procter, everything we have for the new season was out there today and it was nowhere near enough.

In the second half of last season we really struggled. I've done a little analysis and it doesn't make me feel any better.

In the final 23 games of last season we won 6, drew 1 and lost 16. In those games we scored a total of 21 goals and conceded 49!
To add to this, of those goals we scored, 13 were scored by players still in the current squad and 8 were scored by players no longer with us.

Now I don't see how we are in any better position now than we were then and IMO, we're actually worse off now than we were then. OK so the squad is thinner, fair enough, but can anyone honestly say that it's better? I don't want to see us relegated and I'm fully aware of the limitations imposed on the club, but we have to look at things honestly.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 03-08-2008 at 07:02.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2008, 07:50   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Quite depressing overall today. Barrow were well in charge in the first half, where they not only scored twice (via Stanley 'reject' Jason Walker), but also hit the bar and the inside of the post. We didn't create anything, other than some poor shots from distance.

Second half was slightly better, not because we'd improved, but because Barrow seemed to let up and come down to our level.

The goal we scored was a Craney free-kick, but we created nothing from free play and as I said last week, I just don't know where the goals will come from.

The most worrying thing for me was when you looked at the bench, we had nothing there either. I know some people think that I always look for the negative and I admit that sometimes that is true, but today I saw some very worrying signs of what there is to come starting next week.

Anyway, here's a nice picture from today.

we rejected Jason Walker as well. Too lightweight for the Conference so certainly wouldn't cut it in League 2.
Twiss_fan_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:11   #18

Thumbs up Re: barrow 2 1 stanley

barrow ripped use apart made me fell ill. maybe we can start with a win against everton r and roll the shorts over on sat day up the accy and good luck colman and the team
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:48   #19
God Member

Coleman's view on yesterday was that it was good to have been beaten (again) as the players will now realise that if they do not apply themselves against Aldershot they will be beat. (2br)

or words to that effect
Old 03-08-2008, 12:52   #20
Senior Member+

Oooooooh yes! (Thanks Churchill )
Old 04-08-2008, 13:11   #21
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
the last time we lost all of our pre-season games didnt we win the conferance, or am i getting confused
The season we won the Conference we played nine friendlies, we won two (Stalybridge 5-0, Dundonald 2-1), we drew four (Radcliffe 1-1, Barrow 0-0, Arnold 2-2, Wigan 1-1), and we lost three (Cardiff 1-3, PNE 0-1, Burnley 0-3), so I think you are getting confused
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..