Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2007, 06:57   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Boston saga continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
but he didn't have an hand in getting them to that position. Thats the bit everyone chooses to ignore and yet part of it has never changed even now.
On the contrary, everyone is well aware of how they got to that position - the falling gates, spending money they hadn't got, buying the stand from Aldershot Military Parade Ground which turned out to be a costly white elephant. But lots of clubs, before and after, have got to that position and worse. However, one thing you never do, unless you're absolutely forced into it is give up your precious football league membership. In my opinion, Bob Lord was the one who pushed them over the edge.

However, Dave, you can make amends for this - turn up tomorrow and swell the ranks by giving us a bit of temporary support! If you do, you conscience will feel easier, as you rest secure in the knowledge that you have made amends in some small way for your former chairman's actions of 45 years ago!
Old 27-04-2007, 07:02   #47
God Member

Yea and there's no excuse, your lot are playing tonight aren't they? And on the tele again too. You never know you might even enjoy yourself
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 07:13   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
However, Dave, you can make amends for this - turn up tomorrow and swell the ranks by giving us a bit of temporary support! If you do, you conscience will feel easier, as you rest secure in the knowledge that you have made amends in some small way for your former chairman's actions of 45 years ago!
Given the bitterness of some supporters I'm suprised Dingle money is acceptable currency at the FES

There is a simple reason I won't go. While I don't object to paying for myself I do object to paying more for my daughter than I do at my own clubs ground 2 leagues above. She is under 12, but if you don't mind I ain't enrolling her for Junior Reds to get free admission, I'm sure you will understand
Old 27-04-2007, 07:14   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
You never know you might even enjoy yourself
We don't usually do miracle wins twice in a week
Old 27-04-2007, 07:20   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
She is under 12, but if you don't mind I ain't enrolling her for Junior Reds to get free admission, I'm sure you will understand
Forgotten all about that! In that case, there's even less excuse for you not to go. What's the big deal in enrolling her in the Junior Reds? It's only a "membership of convenience", so to speak, so you can take her on free. Doesn't lessen your (or her) support for Burnley in any way.

The clarets fan in the next office to me is going on and looking forward to it, too! Come on, Dave, get yourself and your lass down tomorrow!
Old 27-04-2007, 07:29   #51
God Member

two threads in one!!!! new slogan - Bob Lord put Stanley to the sword?
Old 27-04-2007, 09:04   #52
God Member

Quote:
We don't usually do miracle wins twice in a week
That's not what I meant and you know it . It'll only take 2 minutes to register your daughter so she gets on for free ...... go on, you know you want to.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 09:12   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It'll only take 2 minutes to register your daughter so she gets on for free ...... go on, you know you want to.

Sorry no can do. Call me old fashioned but I think of it as abusing a system. There are reasons Stanley have introduced the scheme and I wouldn't be best pleased if people registered their kids as Junior Claret & Blues just to get free tickets.

I should also add my daughter likes the FES because they do chips and we don't lol

Last edited by lancsdave; 27-04-2007 at 09:17.
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 09:19   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Forgotten all about that! In that case, there's even less excuse for you not to go. What's the big deal in enrolling her in the Junior Reds? It's only a "membership of convenience", so to speak, so you can take her on free. Doesn't lessen your (or her) support for Burnley in any way.

The clarets fan in the next office to me is going on and looking forward to it, too! Come on, Dave, get yourself and your lass down tomorrow!
god loves a tryer hehehehehehe but some people are just too used to roof's & seats tho tommorow its thank god theres just a roo cos its going to be a lovely sunny day on the clayton end
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 09:25   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
god loves a tryer hehehehehehe but some people are just too used to roof's & seats tho tommorow its thank god theres just a roo cos its going to be a lovely sunny day on the clayton end

Nowt to do with roofs and seats
Old 27-04-2007, 09:33   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Nowt to do with roofs and seats
So what is it then
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 09:34   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
So what is it then
See post 48
Old 27-04-2007, 09:44   #58
Senior Member+

Apparently, giving the name of you child to the club results in them being abducted and sold for white slavery.

It's all a conspiracy I tell ya!!
Old 27-04-2007, 09:49   #59
God Member

Quote:
I should also add my daughter likes the FES because they do chips and we don't lol
the worst thing about not having a football league team for all those years was losing the next generation of fans who consequently raise their kids as claret and blue and white, who raise their kids as whatever as well. If your daughter prefers the FES if only for the chips then as a parent you have an obligation to feed that appetite. Let her be a red, she wants to be a red, and by the amount of time you spend on here Dave I am sure you are a closet red as well .

I am sure that I would not like my kids growing up as Dingles or Darren enders but if thats what they want then que sera sera, but they'll get a good hiding first
Old 27-04-2007, 10:20   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
and by the amount of time you spend on here Dave I am sure you are a closet red as well .

I would need a blood transfusion to remove my Claret blood,but I don't have problems with seeing Stanley do well.
Quote:
I am sure that I would not like my kids growing up as Dingles or Darren enders but if thats what they want then que sera sera, but they'll get a good hiding first
I wouldn't give my daughter a good hiding though she may find herself homeless

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..