Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2008, 00:15   #1
God Member

Burscough 3, Us 1

STRUTH..I do hope it was a bunch of reserves/trialists at BURSCOUGH.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2008, 10:28   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Burscough 3, Us 1

So is the fishy site going to bother to tell us anything about this match...or is the "report pending" message next to result going to remain "pending" like the one for the Burnley match has done?
Old 30-07-2008, 10:37   #3
God Member

There's a report on the Burscough site but no team listing. Only mentions 2 or 3 Stanley players

http://www.burscoughfc.co.uk/news.php?id=679
Old 30-07-2008, 10:47   #4
Super Moderator

Cheers for that, Dave. Now, I'd like to see a report written from Stanley's point of view. Will t'fishy site provide us with one or will we have to hope that one appears on the Telegraph site?
Old 30-07-2008, 10:57   #5

Better report giving teams

Burscough Football Club
Old 30-07-2008, 11:06   #6
Super Moderator

Thanks, Fourth Official. Despite being a few leagues below us, Burscough obviously care more about communicating with their fans than Stanley do. Still, it's reassuring to know that it wasn't the first team playing last night.
Old 30-07-2008, 11:16   #7

No problem Wynonie.Suppose even less chance of a report from this mornings behind closed doors at Huddersfield!!!!!!!!
Old 30-07-2008, 11:21   #8
Super Moderator

Wouldn't have thought so, as they haven't even mentioned the match in the first place. Still, you never know, they might surprise us!
Old 30-07-2008, 14:27   #9
Senior Member+

Phelan i persume is scott phelan, i would love to see him in a stanley shirt he is mint. Just been released by bradford. He captained everton u18's and reserves. Also represented england at u18's.

Last edited by Nickelson; 30-07-2008 at 14:29.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 14:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Phelan i persume is scott phelan, i would love to see him in a stanley shirt he is mint. Just been released by bradford. He captained everton u18's and reserves. Also represented england at u18's.
Would he fit in, he's a scouser
Old 30-07-2008, 16:37   #11
Senior Member+

Bursco have always had a great side. I come from Lathom historical home of the Stanley family which is next village.

They won many friends at Sheffield United for standing up to them and getting a respectable result at Bramall Lane in the FA Cup a few years back.

Wayne Rooney's brother was on their books.

My great uncle (my avatar's cousin) started out with them before playing for Everton and Preston and they were one of his last clubs and my childhood neighbour Gilly Houghton (also a distant relative via marriage to a descendant of one of my great great grandmother's 23 children) captained them as well. There was a great picture of him and ex Bursco and Blackburn legend Bobby Langton in the Ormskirk Advertiser a few years back. Gilly used to tell me stories of him playing at Peel Park presumably against Stanley Reserves in the Lancashire Combination.

If Stanley have fielded less than the first team there this sort of result was always on the cards.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 30-07-2008 at 16:41.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:55   #12
Senior Member+

Fairly detailed report in Ormskirk Advertiser

icseftonandwestlancs - Lethal Linnets find their shooting boots in victory over Accrington Stanley

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..