Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 18:17   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Match

I must admit i do like the look of owens,who looks composed on the ball,although he made the mistake for tranmeres goal i was impressed with him.
I predicted at the start of the season that Hall would do a job if given the chance.but in reality Acci have still only lost two games and yesterday was just a bad day at the office !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2010, 19:16   #107
God Member

As Macca says it will give some of the fringe players a chance to come into the fold and show what they can do after all that's what having a squad is all about.

It still does worry me a little how we have slipped fom one of the meanest defences in the country to shipping eleven goals in our last four games but again I am sure it is somthing that will be looked at and hopefully nullified for the visit next week of a certain Adam Le Fondre

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 21:19   #108

Bad day at the office or not the goals we have conceded of late and in particular yesterday are school boy stuff. Misjudging balls when they travel 30 yards or more in the air is non league defending, i thought we had left that behind us. Football 19 you shudnt defend dean so vigorously and just accept yesterday he had a poor game topped off with a bad mistake when the game was already lost imho. Hoping for a return to some much needed solidarity next week
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:34   #109
Senior Member+

Rude dog , you will see from my first post i said he didnt have the best of games,but i will defend any player if i think its unfair.
Just for the record,over the 90 minutes ( take away the misjudged long punt) what mistakes,missed headers/tackles,getting bullied,give the ball away etc.. did he do ?
From a coaches view,The long punt was something Bury most have spoke about,How many keepers catch a ball from a corner,winning 2-0 ,sprints to edge of box and launches the ball ? it caught everyone by surprise and full marks to Bury for realising Acci mark the lone striker and the second defender is always in front ( not behind )
Old 11-10-2010, 14:42   #110
Senior Member+

Come on guys.

One of the criticisms of JC is his dislike of squad rotation and lack of success with subs.
This does not come as a suprise, nor should it to any of you.

However, to criticise him for not changing it before the Bury game is unfair.
We didnt not have a game midweek so fatigue was not a consideration and the team had previously won.

It was a bad day at the office, only Dunbavin turned up against a hungry and effective Bury side.

The main thing the team continues to lack is a centre forward who can mix it up.

Until buy/loan a genuine target man, teams will continue to have a chance as we dont make the ball stick up front and hurt teams by converting our build up play into goals.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 20:45   #111
God Member

You're right about the target man.

Gornell, though instrumental in our win over Gillingham, was incredibly off-the-pace at Stockport (despite grabbing a goal) and had a similar day out at Bury according to Dan Jewell.

If we cast our minds back, Michael Symes also had this curse from time to time, mainly because he, like Gornell, hadn't played a lot of football in the seasons before joining us.

I like Rory Boulding. He has good movement and is a 'natural finisher', if such a thing exists. I can't help but think that a front-two of Gornell/Boulding would reap much more reward over ten games than the hit/miss Gornell lonesome show.

I have complete trust in Coleman though. There's pedigree and talent in the players he has managed to bring in. I hope he can get the best out of them over the course of the season.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 21:55   #112
Senior Member+

Your right Shakermaker. Gornell against Bury was way off the pace, didnt look intrested at all, didnt make the runs and just didnt look interested at all! If your playing with one upfront and your striker is acting like that they a sub should of been made earlier!

For me i dont like Rory Boulding. Hes extremely greedy (as hes been like at every other club) and watching him in training before matches and at half time he doesnt seem at all a natural finisher to me. Hes not that pacey and seems to get tired fairly quickly! Great sub though to have on the bench.

I thought at Bury we just had a bad day at the office. The only player i think that had a good game was Bavs, hes coming on leap and bounds, played superb once again, especially down to the last strike by Bury. One of the saves he did towards the end was amazing, great agility. The whole back line had a bad game with Phil making a few rare mistakes. Midfield just couldnt play and Burys marking was superb, not letting us play at all, always making us come back, hoof the ball up and then loosing it! Jimmy Ryan wasnt allowed to play and when Turner came on he couldnt get a cross in!

Great following though by the stanley fans!! Same every away game?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:27   #113

"when Turner came on he couldnt get a cross in!"

Nowt new there then.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53   #114
Senior Member+

Now the dust has settled and you look at the game as an whole Bury were not that good,indeed those who went will confirm that they never put more than 4 passes together,sat back,give Acci back four the ball,and counter attacked with long direct football to the front men and down the channels,there midfielders were aggressive and more concerned with stopping Acci playing in certain areas.
One concern for me is when the back four had the ball and had to play the channels there were no runners,unlike there two forwards who run the channels all day.
No doubt someone at Bury had done there homework and exposed a lack of height and holding an high line which Acci play.
Fair play to Bury,but i dont think Acci will make the same mistakes again
Old 12-10-2010, 12:39   #115
Senior Member+

Jimmy Ryan and Bury's goalie, Cameron Belford, impressed sufficiently to be included in FanHouse.uk's 'Ten Players Who Can Dream of Following Joe Hart's Route to the Top':
Ten Players Who Can Dream of Following Joe Hart's Route to the Top -- UK Football FanHouse
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 14:08   #116
Senior Member+

a bit from that link

but there is genuine quality that may yet flourish.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..