Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2006, 22:03   #16

Re: Bury Tonight

mangy should have decked him when he kicked the ball away
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2006, 22:06   #17
God Member

There's always someone eh.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 22:59   #18
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
i dunno i was in the bog queue LOL
Bog queue my ar*e you where hanging around outside the mens toilets with two other dodgy characters when I saw you.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 23:28   #19
God Member

Oi im not dodgy! I went to my first stanley game tonight and i enjoyed it. The singing was great. What happened to the bury lot singing? Couldnt hear them at all. All i could hear was stanley fans going for it and getting there as well.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2006, 23:29   #20
God Member

Enjoyed the visit to gigg lane tonight, came away with a full on greenie...... of envy of course of the roof we were sat under!!! Great ground too.

As others have said great first half, dismal second, complete and utter naff (being polite) referee and I reckon the linesman down our end second half is a retired ballet dancer....I've never seen such poses, lol!

Shame we only got a point but felt at times we were lucky to come home with that..... Please less of the high balls....

All in all, fair result especially with it being 3rd game in a week.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 09:27   #21
God Member

Thought it was unfair when the ref booked Welchy when it was Leam who'd committed the offence but thank god he couldn't tell the difference between 6ft 5 Welchy and 5ft 7 Leam otherwise Leam would've been sent off near the end for a 2nd yellow. Strange refereeing decisions indeed but at least that one went in our favour!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 11:13   #22

who played well alst night? any stand out performers?
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 11:20   #23
God Member

thought gary roberts had a good game last night, along with mullers yet again
Old 27-09-2006, 11:25   #24

Any thoughts on Phil being swapped for Welchy? BBC said it was tactical.

Gary now joint top scorer in League 2!
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 11:38   #25
God Member

yeh we were getting beat to many times in the air so its simple take a smaller player off put a taller one on should have been cav going off and phil being pushed to right back though...cavs seems to be getting beat to many times this season imo

another good away point if we can gte the 3 at home on the return trip then i would be happy
Old 27-09-2006, 11:45   #26

What do people think of our squad as a whole. i think that there are a group of players that are good enough to win this league eventually. players like boco, craney, roberts and mullin are probably as good a set of attacking players as you are going to get in this league.

boco especially is one hell of a player. i thought his touch before he scored was something else. most players would have taken a touch to go outside as the defender was coming across to cover, whereas boco becuase of his outstanding sharpness has the ability to get a shot off in those situations.

in my opinion, and this isnt having a go at any of the sides commitment or passion for the sport, i think we have a problem in finding a partner for ian craney (who i thought was excellent in attacking positions last night). now whether that could be procter if he really works on that kind of holding midfield position or if it has to be someone else in the squad or a new signing it remains to be seen. but i really do think that there is a lot to be optimistic about with regards to the playing side of things at accrington. being a holding midfielder isnt about running for 90 minutes and flying in to make tackles its about having the positional sense to break the play up and then set your team off again. if it was about running and flying in to make tackles any footballer could be a top class holding player.

if i was in andy procters position i would be watching videos of players such as makelele alongside watching videos of stanley. and then try and improve his game accordingly.

on set pieces i think we are over complicating it a bit. last night early on in the first half every player was well back in our half. this can lead to players not knowing what their job is when defending the set piece. i think that commiting one or two less players to defend might make decisions easier in the box when the corner or free kick comes accross.

anyway i think we should be ok this season and there definitely could be some more exciting times at the club!!!
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:06   #27
Resting in Peace

[quote=Arkwright]Any thoughts on Phil being swapped for Welchy? BBC said it was tactical

I thought Edwards was very unlucky to be subbed and he looked a bit p.....d off. We obviously needed more height at the back against their big men but Welchy should have been on from the start, with Edwards a much better bet at right back than the present incumbent.
Harris, I thought, did very well when he came on and is a great replacement for Proccy when he tires after charging about all over the pitch.
Fantastic game to watch with plenty of Stanley heroes, but Bav was incredible last night. I bet Coley is having nightmares about his decision to sub him for the Watford penalties, though I'm sure we can all appreciate the thinking behind that decision.
Well done, the Ultras - what a marvellous non-stop performance. But why did you not perform behind the goal, where I'm sure you would have got more support from the more staid travelling support, instead of hiding in the corner?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:11   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
I thought Edwards was very unlucky to be subbed and he looked a bit p.....d off. We obviously needed more height at the back against their big men but Welchy should have been on from the start, with Edwards a much better bet at right back than the present incumbent.
Harris, I thought, did very well when he came on and is a great replacement for Proccy when he tires after charging about all over the pitch.
Fantastic game to watch with plenty of Stanley heroes, but Bav was incredible last night. I bet Coley is having nightmares about his decision to sub him for the Watford penalties, though I'm sure we can all appreciate the thinking behind that decision.
Well done, the Ultras - what a marvellous non-stop performance. But why did you not perform behind the goal, where I'm sure you would have got more support from the more staid travelling support, instead of hiding in the corner?
There was simply no room

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:15   #29
Resting in Peace

Oh yes there was, Diesel. I think you should spread out a bit more. If you all arrive at the last minute, what can you expect?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 12:30   #30
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Bury Tonight

In all honesty i thought that we were extemely lucky to come away with the 1 point, there were just far to many times when we were just giving away the ball for no good reason other than us trying to be all flashy and show off our skill (or lack of it!)

Todd gave away the ball far too many times for my liking. I just felt that they just didnt seem to be on top form at all. But the outrageous ref didnt help matters but made the players more frustrated. Was it just me or did the linesman ignore a blatant hand ball by burn in our half?! Ridiculous!

It was a great atmosphere though I always love it when the ultras are there they get everyone going, especially those last five minutes when everyone in the stand was cheering in unison. Fab!

Katie xx
Katester is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..