Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2006, 15:14   #46

Re: Bury Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.B
Do you mean were there any Stanley there, poor turn out and quiet as mouses. So you didn't hear our drummer and our non stop singing, or did our songs about you upset you lot??

On boxing day you'll see what an away following is..there will be easily 1500-2000 Bury desending on Accy. They will be able to hear us singing back in Bury.

Your just a bus stop in Burnley, Bus stop in Burnley.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, we didn't hear you

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2006, 15:18   #47
God Member

ill be honest i did hear your drummer, just! but when we did go quiet i couldnt hear your fans maybe you were making alot of noise, we will find out how loud you can be when you come to stanley with your 2000 strong bury army
Old 27-09-2006, 16:11   #48
God Member

and no roof
Old 27-09-2006, 16:31   #49
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
ill be honest i did hear your drummer, just! but when we did go quiet i couldnt hear your fans maybe you were making alot of noise, we will find out how loud you can be when you come to stanley with your 2000 strong bury army
You'll think it's ww2 again there will be that many Bury invading Accrington and make sure your pub's are well stocked too.
C.I.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 16:50   #50
God Member

we'll have the stocks ready outside the Town Hall and plenty of rotten veg too......
Old 27-09-2006, 17:58   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your just a bus stop in Burnley, Bus stop in Burnley
The last time I was at Gigg Lane thats what they were singing to Bury fans, Your Just a Bus stop in Manchester, be a bit more orginal please!!!!!!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 18:51   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
we'll have the stocks ready outside the Town Hall and plenty of rotten veg too......
And them at Huncoat as well LMAO

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 20:58   #53
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
and no roof
And no drum

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 21:01   #54
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
Oi im not dodgy!
I was talking about mthead and Tinks

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 09:43   #55
God Member

Talking Re: Bury Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.B
2912 at the game
764 from Accrington
You do the maths, we didn't have a bigger crowd for three reasons, 1; We are playing s**t at the moment, 2; It were a night game and we were at home saturday aswell, 3; the opposition wasn't exactly an enticing one for most Bury fans that have give up bothering with the team, had it been Burnley then maybe we'd have had alot more there.

So you dream on shadrac.
Take your point on your first two reasons but as for the third, maybe you've forgotten Burnley aren't in this league so your argument doesn't hold much water does it?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 11:48   #56
God Member

Watford away
Mansfield away
Bury away

inside eight days. Yes we could have brought a lot more. Dont forget we are new to the league and until this season had only ever took more than 600 away two or three times at most. This season we took 800+ to Chester and 700+ to Bury. Four years ago that would have been our average crowd. I remember being made up that we took over 400 to Halifax on Boxing Day first season in the Conference. Just remember where we were and where we are now. Hopefully these good away crowds will translate into better away crowds for other games where normally we would take fewer. It takes time to build a fanbase at home, away fanbases take even longer.
Old 28-09-2006, 12:35   #57
Full Member+

[quote=C.I.B
Your right, but when we are travelling 20mins down the road we'll easily pull 1500-2000 like i said and not 2000 like your quoting. You lot won't no what's hit you boxing day.See you then.:engsmil:[/quote]

If they have such big support why did they bring the buckets round for us to bail `em out a few seasons ago?
Old 28-09-2006, 13:46   #58
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
If they have such big support why did they bring the buckets round for us to bail `em out a few seasons ago?
Uncle Mick(whats all that about????). I don't claim to be a club like say Burnley or Preston who have good support, but I no from years of watching the "mighty shakers" that when it comes to local derbies we always seem to pull fairly good away followings(for us any way). Then the following home game our support goes back to normal, for some reason we have alot of fans who only go to the local derbies and no other games. Thats why we had the buckets out, unfortunatly for us.:engsmil: :engsmil:
C.I.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 18:26   #59

Wouldn't wish that part of our history to be repeated by any club!
Glad we could help!
Old 28-09-2006, 19:13   #60

[quote=C.I.B]2912 at the game
764 from Accrington

The figure 764 was the number in the Cemy end.... Me and at least 150 others were in the Main Stand.

We could not have been counted as we where in the Bury/Away area.

Oh and yes it's true.... Bury do have a lot of Main Stand Moaners who did nothing but slag Chris Casper and his team off ??? I personally thought they worked hard and could finish mid table probably similar to Stanley.

Good sports towards us Stanley fans we had some good banter.

Give us a green to Mike's drain blockers

Give us green to taking stock sorry stock taking (whats the difference)

Get the bail money ready ???
Give us a green is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..